watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Ajax clean up in Spain.

Started by bog, March 06, 2019, 08:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Did anyone see Ajax give Real Madrid a good hiding last night? What a quality side they are.  :Haynes The Maestro: Good to see the Madrid fans finding out what it is like to be hammered on your own patch. Should have been 5 as they missed wide open goal near the end.   

092.gif

Sting of the North

Quote from: bog on March 06, 2019, 08:55:16 AM
Did anyone see Ajax give Real Madrid a good hiding last night? What a quality side they are.  :Haynes The Maestro: Good to see the Madrid fans finding out what it is like to be hammered on your own patch. Should have been 5 as they missed wide open goal near the end.   

092.gif

Very entertaining game indeed. Score could well have been like 3-6 instead however, loads of quality chances missed from both sides. The defending from both teams left a lot to be desired but great for a neutral.

King_Crud

BlackWhiteArmy

My favorite part is that Southampton sold Tadic for £10m and then payed £16 for Elyounoussi  :012: :005:

Bassey the warrior

Incredible performance. Tadic was world class.

bog

So sad to see the seats emptying near the end as the followers show their strong loyalty...... :005:

092.gif   

Pieter A’dam

Hope Ajax plays Spurs in the 1/4 finals. They should have a good chance against them since they open up the game, will not like play against team like Atletico.

Mince n Tatties

Bit I love about above themselves Madrid, is back in the 80's when they met Fergies Aberdeen in the final.
Their manager never had Aberdeen looked at as they were cocksure they we're going to win,even said didn't know who Aberdeen were.
At the end when the Spanish press were interviewing the manager(think it was Di Stefano) Aberdeen captain Miller walked over with the cup and told the Spanish press to tell their manager,"He f*****g knows who Aberdeen are now"...Brilliant.

Twig

Quote from: bog on March 06, 2019, 11:08:39 AM
So sad to see the seats emptying near the end as the followers show their strong loyalty...... :005:

092.gif   

Yes, really passionate and genuine fans (as they are all around the world).

chrisburt13

My favourite bit of it is Ramos getting booked in the first leg on purpose to avoid suspension later on in the tournament..  063.gif

snarks

Quote from: BlackWhiteArmy on March 06, 2019, 10:35:21 AM
My favorite part is that Southampton sold Tadic for £10m and then payed £16 for Elyounoussi  :012: :005:

I work with Southampton fans and attend the odd game there. At a match when Tadic was playing the bloke behind me was screaming at him as the player chased the ball, calling him useless, not trying, disgrace to the shirt, and moaning at him for falling over rather than tackling all with lots of expletives. When the player got up and ran away, it wasn't Tadic.

He was their scapegoat for most games, but really just a player no longer suited to the way the team played.

Woolly Mammoth

092.gif

No I missed it, I was doing my duty and watching the England Cricket team and England Women's Football team winning their matches.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 06, 2019, 02:25:17 PM

092.gif

No I missed it, I was doing my duty and watching the England Cricket team and England Women's Football team winning their matches.

Is that a bit sexist  Woolly...... :022:   

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on March 06, 2019, 02:45:55 PM

092.gif

Er no sir, why would it be ?  1500.gif
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 06, 2019, 02:51:34 PM
Quote from: bog on March 06, 2019, 02:45:55 PM

092.gif

Er no sir, why would it be ?  1500.gif

I was trying to be all PC  :022: