watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aboubakar Kamara (AK 47)

Started by Riversider, March 06, 2019, 03:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Anybody know how he is getting on in Turkey ?
I'm guessing he can't be setting the world alight as I haven't seen a single post saying "we should have kept hold of him" hours after he scores another brace,
Need him to score so that we can make a profit in the summer,
And no I don't want him back at Fulham, we can do so much better than Kamara next season.

ByTheRiver

I found myself wondering the same thing last night. From what I could find:

1 sub appearance in the league (of 28 mins), 1 sub appearance in the Turkish cup (of 19 mins), no goals, 1 yellow card.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/aboubakar-kamara/leistungsdaten/spieler/290951

Edit: currently injured.

ffcne

I would have him back for the Championship.
Unless we get big money for him.

KJS

Quote from: ffcne on March 06, 2019, 03:36:05 PM
I would have him back for the Championship.
Unless we get big money for him.

:plus one:

Statto

AK47 is as good as Adama Traore and he had a great impact in the Championship.

He was a casualty of Ranieri's crap man management. I'd love to see him back in our shirt next year.

FFC1987

When we hit next season in championship, we need to address the complete lack of pace in our lineup if we want to be successful. Full backs to start and AK or something similar on at least one wing. Theres no way we'll get anywhere near playoffs without it.

Riversider

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 06, 2019, 03:13:23 PM
I found myself wondering the same thing last night. From what I could find:

1 sub appearance in the league (of 28 mins), 1 sub appearance in the Turkish cup (of 19 mins), no goals, 1 yellow card.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/aboubakar-kamara/leistungsdaten/spieler/290951

Edit: currently injured.

The Turkish transfer record won't be getting broken with those figures.

Riversider

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 06, 2019, 03:49:53 PM
When we hit next season in championship, we need to address the complete lack of pace in our lineup if we want to be successful. Full backs to start and AK or something similar on at least one wing. Theres no way we'll get anywhere near playoffs without it.

Obviously,  but we can do better than a headless chicken that's a non team player with a stinking attitude.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Statto on March 06, 2019, 03:46:59 PM

He was a casualty of Ranieri's crap man management. I'd love to see him back in our shirt next year.

Disagree with this.

HillingdonFFC

If as good as Traore you mean both got pace & strength & very little end product then I totally agree.
Seen enough of Kamara thanks, people talk about him as if hes a 19 year old kid , he's 24 & players don't suddenly become clinical or gain composure overnight.

Riversider

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on March 06, 2019, 04:09:31 PM

If as good as Traore you mean both got pace & strength & very little end product then I totally agree.
Seen enough of Kamara thanks, people talk about him as if hes a 19 year old kid , he's 24 & players don't suddenly become clinical or gain composure overnight.

✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

FFC1987

Quote from: Riversider on March 06, 2019, 04:01:47 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on March 06, 2019, 03:49:53 PM

Obviously,  but we can do better than a headless chicken that's a non team player with a stinking attitude.

I mean, with all due respect, we didn't really do better in terms of addressing pace and full backs in the last few windows so I'm not convinced we are capable.....especially less so with lack of EPL pulling power.

filham

It is all but certain that both Mitrovic and Babel will be away at the end of the season along with Schurrle. We will be in need of at least two strikers and there would be a place for someone with Kamara's pace and strength.

However I would think his attitude will not be welcomed again at the Cottage and we will need to sign strikers to replace both AK and Mitrovic, this is going to be difficult and we are unlikely to find players of equal standard.

Yes, I have deliberately overlooked Fonte,  thinking about that option depresses me into thoughts of division 1.

aaronmcguigan

He isn't the answer but the recruitment was spot on. Even now we are crying out for someone like that to support Mitro or take the heat off Mitro, supplying pace and strength in abundance.

Obviously as I say, he's not the answer, I doubt the scouting included checking for a footballing brain or a temper

Carborundum

Me too.  Find him very entertaining to watch.

Statto

Yes that is exactly what mean. Neither will ever be world class but both are capable of getting goals/assists in the chsmpionship, as Traore showed last season and as kamara has shown on occassion.

Let's not forgot he was in the starting XI of the Wembley team, on merit

And I think you're being harsh about his age. As of today he is 23 and I'm sure a player that age can still improve over 6-12 month periods

MikeW

Glad to see the back of him Frankly.  (And Carborundum, entertaining in a circus clown way I agree but not as a footballer)
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Twig

Sorry but at 23 he has to be more than just a raw semi talented player with a poor attitude.  Sure he has some strengths but they don't add up to enough of a rounded player. It's a no for me.

filham

I guess if Scott Parker gets the managers job at the end of the season whether or not to bring Kamara back will be an early decision for him to make.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Statto on March 06, 2019, 05:04:22 PM

Yes that is exactly what mean. Neither will ever be world class but both are capable of getting goals/assists in the chsmpionship, as Traore showed last season and as kamara has shown on occassion.

Let's not forgot he was in the starting XI of the Wembley team, on merit

And I think you're being harsh about his age. As of today he is 23 and I'm sure a player that age can still improve over 6-12 month periods
If SP or whoever can get his head straight, he would be a big asset jn the championship.