watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ranieri

Started by MikeW, March 08, 2019, 05:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Top job at Roma? Good luck with that.  He must have an amazing pension.

Edit: Roma Chief Exec: "What we need now is a safe pair of hands to guide us back into the top four and ensure that we are playing Champions League football again next season. "

Err, we've been here haven't we?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Neil D

I hope he does well.  He seemed a decent, honest bloke.  We're not talking Magath here.

Berserker

To be honest I would have thst it was a mutual agreement to be let go with Fulham. I expect he was happy to leave us

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Asotosyios

I don't think it was a mutual decision. Roma needed someone until the end of the season, preferably with knowledge of the club, Ranieri worked there in the past and is immediately available, so that seemed like the easy solution.

SG

I assume that him being immediately employed will have saved us money through a reduced payoff working on the basis that we would continue to pay him until the end of his contract or until he was reemployed

SuffolkWhite

At the end of the day he did his best for us and it didnt work out, good luck to him !
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

davew

Quote from: MikeW on March 08, 2019, 05:48:54 PM
"What we need now is a safe pair of hands to guide us back into the top four and ensure that we are playing Champions League football again next season. "

They should have signed Rico, he would have cost less!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

I think he manipulated his way into that job (lol), his bizarre decision making at times at FFC was without logic or respect from the fans, but now it is making more sense! Good luck to him though, if ever we get in trouble again Tony Khan will phone him!

JDH101

Seems like a pretty risk free appointment if you ask me.

davew

Quote from: JDH101 on March 08, 2019, 07:36:35 PM
Seems like a pretty risk free appointment if you ask me.
Bit like managing us then!!

Matt10

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on March 08, 2019, 07:08:25 PM
At the end of the day he did his best for us and it didnt work out, good luck to him !

Right, he's a good person, and we didn't fit for him. Have to wish him the best of luck in his career with Roma.

The Rock

So, I didn't realize this, but a mate of mine who claims he's close with someone on the inside at Leicester said the year they won the PL the entire team banded together to do it. It had nothing to do with Raneiri. They hated Raneiri's tactics and private texts showed general conspiracy against him, especially when he tried to take credit for winning the title.

Anyone else hear this? Not sure how much truth there is in this, though I believe it to be generally true - my mate nor I really care either way. But it could explain the downfall and inability to stop the hangover/rot the following year.

Asotosyios

Quote from: The Rock on March 08, 2019, 08:30:50 PM
So, I didn't realize this, but a mate of mine who claims he's close with someone on the inside at Leicester said the year they won the PL the entire team banded together to do it. It had nothing to do with Raneiri. They hated Raneiri's tactics and private texts showed general conspiracy against him, especially when he tried to take credit for winning the title.

Anyone else hear this? Not sure how much truth there is in this, though I believe it to be generally true - my mate nor I really care either way. But it could explain the downfall and inability to stop the hangover/rot the following year.

If that's true, why didn't the team get banded together the following year to win it again?

The Rock

Quote from: Asotosyios on March 08, 2019, 08:37:19 PM

If that's true, why didn't the team get banded together the following year to win it again?

According to my mate they simply waaaaaaaay over punched their weight, really a fluke they were in contention in the first place and knew it. 

Asotosyios

Quote from: The Rock on March 08, 2019, 08:49:35 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on March 08, 2019, 08:37:19 PM

According to my mate they simply waaaaaaaay over punched their weight, really a fluke they were in contention in the first place and knew it. 

I'm not having a go at you Rock - I just think that in situations like these both parties play their part. We can't say the good season was because of the players and the bad season all Ranieri's fault, nor that Ranieri was only responsible for winning the league and not for almost getting relegated the year after.

The Rock

You can have a go if you want - but I hear you. I am only relaying what I was told for the benefit of the board. I am sure there are two sides to the story, but I thought an interesting take.

HV71

I really like the guy - but wrong appointment for us and I certainly wanted him away . Having said that I genuinely wish him all the best

Bracken White

Lets be honest, although a nice guy, his odd team selections, substitutions etc were pure dreadful; so very pleased he's gone. However, a nice guy so cannot help but wish him good luck - how he has the ability to land these jobs is beyond me! 
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

copthornemike

Agree with other posters in that I also wish him well - as an individual he appeared to be a good person and it was great shame that his time at FFC did not work out well.

Indeed I would commend his dignity. He even took time to visit the players and staff I believe the morning after the announcement which cannot have been an easy thing to do and which he did not have to do.

So let's just leave it at that, as someone mentioned he was no Magath!!!