watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelsea transfer ban: Fifa denies request to freeze punishment during appeal

Started by sunburywhite, March 08, 2019, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Asotosyios

Not what FIFA did in the past, but it's right. Otherwise Chelsea would go on a spending spree and the ban would not affect them at all.

SG

Twig

But FUFa and other governing bodies do need to behave more consistently whatever we think of the blue poo.

Statto

Quote from: Twig on March 08, 2019, 11:17:01 PM
But FUFa and other governing bodies do need to behave more consistently whatever we think of the blue poo.

+1

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on March 08, 2019, 11:23:08 PM

+1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/08/chelsea-astonished-after-fifa-reject-clubs-request-to-freeze-transfer-ban

The Guardian mentions the ban is for breaches of Article 19 "The Universal Declaration of Human Rights" relating to the recruitment of minors. If Chelsea is guilt, a transfer ban seems ridicously light as criminal proceeding run by the UK crown would seem more approirate. If Chelsea are innocent as they claim. it's insane they are punished at all. This seems an amazingly complex issue, and FIFA struggle with basic cases.

Asotosyios

+1

I agree, but this gives a chance to the (rich) clubs to manipulate the system - go out and spend lots of money before  the ban starts, so it won't matter if they can't register players for 2-3 windows (like Barcelona did).  Perhaps they should be allowed to register players, but if they lose their appeal their ban should be doubled.

I Ronic

Clubs are flouting clearly laid down rules set by the various governing bodies right left and centre and getting away with it. Mainly because those governing bodies are inept and inconsistent.
It would help if players received retrospective cards for cheating and point deductions for a start. That would even things up.

toshes mate

Quote from: Asotosyios on March 09, 2019, 07:56:36 AM

+1

I agree, but this gives a chance to the (rich) clubs to manipulate the system - go out and spend lots of money before  the ban starts, so it won't matter if they can't register players for 2-3 windows (like Barcelona did).  Perhaps they should be allowed to register players, but if they lose their appeal their ban should be doubled.
In the cases of Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid, Fifa's authority was effectively overcome via delaying tactics (the appeals) by those clubs allowing them to go on spending sprees before the transfer bans came into being.  Fifa has sought to close that loophole causing the latest miscreant to squeal about unfairness, irremediable actions, lack of 'wriggle-room' and so on.  Perhaps what should happen is that the miscreant is allowed to operate as normal until the appeal is heard but if found guilty must then have all those 'normal activities' voided.  It would mean that while the club is acting 'as normal' any and all parties considering deals with that club will know that a deal will fall apart if the appeal is lost.  I just do not see why any club should have it all their own way even after being found guilty of breaches of regulations having already had their side of the argument heard by the regulating body. The current practice of appeals mean ad nauseum delays makes a mockery of the regulations and the appropriate punishments meted out.