Statto

Quote from: MJG on March 07, 2019, 09:30:56 AM
Quote from: Statto on March 07, 2019, 09:24:19 AM
Quote from: MJG on March 07, 2019, 09:12:56 AM
Will not be back playing for us

There speaks the mouthpiece of Alistair Mackintosh

We should do a poll as to who fans would rather see here next season - AK or AM
And/or let the two of them try to explain what value they each add for the club
So its fine for others to say he wont be back but not to me. You all win.
There is a difference between giving an opinion on whether he should be back, and stating as fact that he's not coming back
Unless I've misunderstood you, your post, unlike others, appears to be the latter
And ultimately with Ranieri gone, that would only come from Mackintosh
And as we've argued/discussed, there's IMO a pattern of you posting comments that would only be derived from Mackintosh, Tony Khan and that small circle - anti-Jokanovic, anti-Kamara... (which I accept you dispute of course, fair enough)
That's all I'm saying

Woolly Mammoth

I am still waiting for Sir Craven of Cottage to head back to where he belongs.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on March 07, 2019, 09:12:56 AM
Will not be back playing for us

Is this your opinion, or you being ITK, MJG?  I don't really expect an answer to that but the question should be allowed to float in the air to allow me to indulge a little.

I would have said before Ranieri's dismissal that my thinking was that nobody was 'playing for us', except, perhaps, Denis Odoi, who I would guess would 'play' for just about anybody and as many times per day as he could manage before collapse.  But I guess 'the playing for us' is now resolved, or at least to a degree, under the broader minded Mr Parker.

The true inference of an 'ITK' posting about Kamara's circumstances would suggest that team managers at FFC do not always decide who can and can't play out of the registered list of players and I wonder how often such a CEO imposed regime has impacted upon team selections in the Khan era or even before it.  Is it part of the CEO's contract?

Do many CEO's determine, outside the game's normal rules and regulations, whether a player can play or not as the case may be rather than entrusting someone coaching and managing the team to make that decision in accordance with their job description?   I could see it being as issue, for example, when a player may be prevented from being cup tied during the January windows since it could affect a proposed transfer but are there, or, have there been, other occasions where a player must or must not be played as a direction from the CEO? 

The CEO is, of course, fully aware of employment law in the UK, and how the treatment of AK could be construed in such a venue and, will, of course, have taken legal counsel on this matter before making such a public domain 'ITK' situation become possible, if, indeed, it is 'ITK'.   I am just being cautiously curious and keen not to have another huge weight drop on FFC.

Statto

Exactly Toshes Mate, great point. Sort of what i was getting at but you've articulated it better

It should be the manager's decision in the summer, and since we don't know who the manager will be, no one should be able to say (with any confidence) that he will not be back playing for us

Penfold

If we can get any reasonable kind of fee for AK I think we should sell. I am aware of his qualities but personally feel the negatives outweigh the positives.

Sadly can't see us getting a fee for Ali Mac, unfortunately 😂

Neil D

Was Kamara separated at birth from PSG's Marega?

Jamie88

Tbf, I'd have thought a player who was arrested after assaulting one of our security guards, will not be playing for us again.

the nutflush

Unbelievable that some people want this guy back. How dysfunctional does he have to be before people realise what a liability he is?

Sting of the North

Quote from: the nutflush on March 07, 2019, 12:13:08 PM
Unbelievable that some people want this guy back. How dysfunctional does he have to be before people realise what a liability he is?

Maybe it is as simple as some people assuming that whether he is too dysfunctional or not is better assessed by those that are directly involved, like the players/coaches etc? If you think like that, things doesn't tend to be so unbelievable.

toshes mate

Quote from: Jamie88 on March 07, 2019, 11:59:08 AM
Tbf, I'd have thought a player who was arrested after assaulting one of our security guards, will not be playing for us again.
He was arrested on suspicion of ABH and criminal damage and since he was on private property at the time that is normal procedure.  He was released without charge.
No doubt all the incidents we can read about on here, have been properly investigated, dealt with, and signed off by a senior official at the Club as is required by employment legislation.  The option to simply 'never play him again, no matter what' would not be a clever option no matter what anyone may think of AK's demeanour, ability, or fitness to wear the shirt.  He may need better management than he received in the more recent past but that is not entirely his fault, especially if you recall the times people on here couldn't wait for him to be on the pitch wearing the shirt.

There have been far too many mistakes made by FFC in the most recent past for there not to be a common thread in all of this and, IMO, circumstances most certainly didn't change for the better when AK disappeared to Turkey.

f321ffc

Quote from: toshes mate on March 07, 2019, 12:46:55 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on March 07, 2019, 11:59:08 AM
He was arrested on suspicion of ABH and criminal damage and since he was on private property at the time that is normal procedure.  He was released without charge.
No doubt all the incidents we can read about on here, have been properly investigated, dealt with, and signed off by a senior official at the Club as is required by employment legislation.  The option to simply 'never play him again, no matter what' would not be a clever option no matter what anyone may think of AK's demeanour, ability, or fitness to wear the shirt.  He may need better management than he received in the more recent past but that is not entirely his fault, especially if you recall the times people on here couldn't wait for him to be on the pitch wearing the shirt.

There have been far too many mistakes made by FFC in the most recent past for there not to be a common thread in all of this and, IMO, circumstances most certainly didn't change for the better when AK disappeared to Turkey.
👍
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Statto

Quote from: Twig on March 07, 2019, 03:59:46 PM
Sorry Statto but that is nonsense.

Care to elaborate?
(eg which part is nonsense? Why is it nonsense? And What has AM done to get your vote?)

Twig

Quote from: Statto on March 07, 2019, 04:01:18 PM

Care to elaborate?
(eg which part is nonsense? Why is it nonsense? And What has AM done to get your vote?)

Taking Mike's comment so literally.  All of us give an unconditional opinion occasionally and that's what he seems to have done. Harassed like "that's never going to happen" as opposed to "imo that is unlikely to happen".  If you wanted to check whether his comment implied more certain knowledge rather than a strong opinion why not ask rather than throw a cheap jibe at him.  Mike has worked tirelessly for the supporters through the trust over the years and it just seems to me he deserves better .

FFC1987

Quote from: Twig on March 07, 2019, 04:06:59 PM

Care to elaborate?

Taking Mike's comment so literally.  All of us give an unconditional opinion occasionally and that's what he seems to have done. Harassed like "that's never going to happen" as opposed to "imo that is unlikely to happen".  If you wanted to check whether his comment implied more certain knowledge rather than a strong opinion why not ask rather than throw a cheap jibe at him.  Mike has worked tirelessly for the supporters through the trust over the years and it just seems to me he deserves better .

I'd say I agree with about 99% of what MJG posts on here but I'll admit, I read it was an ITK comment that he definitively won't be coming back so its a non issue. I have no idea how he meant it or whether he wrote it in a rush or whether I just read too much into it, but that's my take without being frosty about it either way.

snarks

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 07, 2019, 04:23:42 PM

Care to elaborate?

I'd say I agree with about 99% of what MJG posts on here but I'll admit, I read it was an ITK comment that he definitively won't be coming back so its a non issue. I have no idea how he meant it or whether he wrote it in a rush or whether I just read too much into it, but that's my take without being frosty about it either way.

Funny, I read it as his firm opinion not as a fact. I can see where the difference comes from tho' either which way. I really don't like to see Statto or MJG have a pop at each other, as I have plenty of time for both of their views (not that I always agree with them)

HV71

I really don't like to see Statto or MJG have a pop at each other, as I have plenty of time for both of their views (not that I always agree with them)

Totally agree Snarks

FFC1987

Quote from: snarks on March 07, 2019, 04:55:17 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on March 07, 2019, 04:23:42 PM

Care to elaborate?

Funny, I read it as his firm opinion not as a fact. I can see where the difference comes from tho' either which way. I really don't like to see Statto or MJG have a pop at each other, as I have plenty of time for both of their views (not that I always agree with them)

yeh, agreed, as I said, I could of totally misread that but that was my initial interpretation.

Statto

Care to elaborate?

OK fine. Although in fairness, it is expressed as fact (as it was on another thread this morning), MJG hasn't (yet) disputed that interpretation, and I caveated my second comment above "unless I've misinterpreted". And whilst I agree with your comments about MJG's background, that is part of the reason I'd be more likely to treat the comment as ITK derived from FFC senior mgmt. But yes if it was opinion then my initial reply was misplaced.

Twig

Cool, glad that's all settled. Mike, now we need to know whether you statement was indeed a strong opinion or fact. Come on, you can't let that hang in the air!

Deeping_white

Personally from a footballing perspective I would want him back, because his pace and strength in the championship is priceless and as pointed out, he started the biggest game of our recent history on merit  and at times made the Villa defence look silly. That being said I can understand if he never plays for us again, he did go a step too far from what was reported in the press, so unless they've overstated it and FFC are happy to bring him back into the team, I'll support the club's decision either way.

If he does leave though, we need a player of his ilk because if last season showed anything, Traore and Kamara (or Dan James at Swansea this season), players who are stupidly fast can cause carnage to teams and that's what we need to be successful.