watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aboubakar Kamara (AK 47)

Started by Riversider, March 06, 2019, 03:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Agreed. Think bridges will have been burned but huge shame as he was about to break into our Prem team and could've really kicked on from there.

Loss for all parties involved him moving to Turkey.

RaySmith

I don't think he will be back playing for us, because when he was shipped out on loan after being arrested, he was in the squad often featuring in games, and I was sad to see him go-

but he disappeared from view immediately, which makes me think people in charge at Fulham don't want him around the club, and maybe the players don't either- but I don't know if that's the case or not.

toshes mate

Quote from: RaySmith on March 08, 2019, 09:09:33 AM
I don't think he will be back playing for us, because when he was shipped out on loan after being arrested, he was in the squad often featuring in games, and I was sad to see him go-

but he disappeared from view immediately, which makes me think people in charge at Fulham don't want him around the club, and maybe the players don't either- but I don't know if that's the case or not.

Interesting point.  It is lazy practice for 'people-in-charge' to try to eliminate a 'divisive or disruptive influence' without addressing the self examination essential to answering the question 'How are we managing?'.  That assumes the ability to self-examine and be pragmatic in doing so.  I am really unsure that FFC's upper echelons could be entrusted to self examine at any level, let alone be pragmatic.

RaySmith

Well, I'm not saying they were right or not. As I said I was sad, and surprised considering he featured in the first team  quite regularly, and did seem to offer something other players did not, but he way he disappeared from view so suddenly make me inclined to think he will not be returning.

Personally, I don't know enough about the situation and the relationship of AK with the staff and players at Fulham to comment about whether they are right to get rid of him - and maybe he will return from loan to play for us again, but I was just saying that I didn't think it looked like he would.

General

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on March 06, 2019, 04:09:31 PM
Quote from: Statto on March 06, 2019, 03:46:59 PM
AK47 is as good as Adama Traore and he had a great impact in the Championship.

He was a casualty of Ranieri's crap man management. I'd love to see him back in our shirt next year.

If as good as Traore you mean both got pace & strength & very little end product then I totally agree.
Seen enough of Kamara thanks, people talk about him as if hes a 19 year old kid , he's 24 & players don't suddenly become clinical or gain composure overnight.

I'll take that from you and give you Zamora and Dempsey. Zamora had no end product albeit did a lot for the team, his anger and lack of appreciation by the fans, when channelled turned him into a 20+ goal striker just the season after - he was older than 24 when he joined us. Dempsey, for a lot of the time he was with us was a bit part player and whilst he had a knack for scoring timely and important goals, he had a poor first touch and lost the ball quite a bit. He scored the goal against Juve (don't forget he didn't hold down a starting berth in that season and came on from the bench for that game), had one good and consistent season the season after and then went to Tottenham.

Riversider

Wow !
Kamara isnt fit to lace the boots of either Zamora or Dempsey, not sure he even deserves to be in the same discussion as them.

Statto

Quote from: Riversider on March 08, 2019, 05:35:57 PM
Wow !
Kamara isnt fit to lace the boots of either Zamora or Dempsey, not sure he even deserves to be in the same discussion as them.

Zamora is in no position to be picky about who laces his boots. His finishing was crap during most of his time at Fulham and on the rare occasions he scored, he "celebrated" by abusing his own fans with the cupped ear.

the nutflush

I will take Dempsey and Zamora every day of the week. Gee whiz I can't believe AK is even being mentioned in the same sentence. Some people forget quickly don't they?

Sting of the North

Quote from: the nutflush on March 08, 2019, 09:02:59 PM
I will take Dempsey and Zamora every day of the week. Gee whiz I can't believe AK is even being mentioned in the same sentence. Some people forget quickly don't they?

Way to completely miss the point. It's easy to be smart after the fact isn't it?

Matt10

Quote from: General on March 08, 2019, 04:18:45 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on March 06, 2019, 04:09:31 PM

He was a casualty of Ranieri's crap man management. I'd love to see him back in our shirt next year.

If as good as Traore you mean both got pace & strength & very little end product then I totally agree.
Seen enough of Kamara thanks, people talk about him as if hes a 19 year old kid , he's 24 & players don't suddenly become clinical or gain composure overnight.

I'll take that from you and give you Zamora and Dempsey. Zamora had no end product albeit did a lot for the team, his anger and lack of appreciation by the fans, when channelled turned him into a 20+ goal striker just the season after - he was older than 24 when he joined us. Dempsey, for a lot of the time he was with us was a bit part player and whilst he had a knack for scoring timely and important goals, he had a poor first touch and lost the ball quite a bit. He scored the goal against Juve (don't forget he didn't hold down a starting berth in that season and came on from the bench for that game), had one good and consistent season the season after and then went to Tottenham.

IIRC, Dempsey had played 70 minutes against United in the same week, and had our best chances, not to mention suffering a black eye. That United match was also his first after being injured - same with Danny Murphy.

I'd gladly take someone like Dempsey vs Kamara. He played with a chip on his shoulder just how he had done even before playing for Fulham. Take it from someone who has followed him since his college days at Furman.

Kamara may or may not return, but his attitude, in general, was poor this season and leading up to his loan. The dramatic phoenix rising from the ashes instead of showing he's caring about the team, it just created elements of selfishness that was not necessary this year. I have zero sympathies for Kamara even though I like him as a player. I don't think he'll be returning, but if he does, he needs to prove he's in for the club and not just himself.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Statto on March 08, 2019, 07:57:24 PM
Quote from: Riversider on March 08, 2019, 05:35:57 PM
Wow !

Zamora is in no position to be picky about who laces his boots. His finishing was crap during most of his time at Fulham and on the rare occasions he scored, he "celebrated" by abusing his own fans with the cupped ear.

Some angry people on here isn't there.

My view is that BZ was, for a short period in "that" season, nearly unplayable. Other than that, his hold up was the best I have ever seen in a FFC shirt. At this stage in his career, BZ had scored close to 150 goals compared to AK's 28.

I dont want to be too cruel on AK but I'm sure there is a player with a worse touch that has played for FFC but I cannot think of them just at this time.
I am pretty sure that he is the player with the worst spatial awareness I have seen in a FFC shirt.

I believe he will end up in the equavalent of the 3rd tier of English football and be a hit. This will be entirely down to his passion, speed and strength.

I can't even comment on the comparison between AK and Dempsey because I'd feel I'd let myself down.

OK, just whilst I'm here. You do know that Deuce scored in three world cups and was voted by both Fox & ESPN the best ever American footballer.
He played 140 internationals and scored over 50 international goals.

The one thing I will say for AK is that, its his 25th birthday tomorrow. So, I'll leave it that

epsomraver

0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

hovewhite

Zamora and Dempsey realized they were proffesionalls
AK completely wrong attitude which is his loss I feel for him and Fulham.

Twig

Sorry but this is not even a meaningful discussion.  AK is yet to achieve anything of note, has demonstrated a shocking attitude on several occasions and is yet to demonstrate some of the basic footballing abilities.  Dempsey; a seasoned professional and a success at prem and international level, BZ; irritating yes, but sublime hold up play and a season as a world class striker.

Statto

Quote from: 70sPimlico on March 08, 2019, 09:27:10 PM
OK, just whilst I'm here. You do know that Deuce scored in three world cups and was voted by both Fox & ESPN the best ever American footballer.
He played 140 internationals and scored over 50 international goals.

The one thing I will say for AK is that, its his 25th birthday tomorrow. So, I'll leave it that

Not sure why you mentioned Dempsey in reply to my post which didn't mention him at all... Although since you've brought it up, "Best ever American footballer"? Isnt that a bit like being voted the healthiest burger in McDonald's?

Also not sure how it can be AK's 25th birthday tomorrow. When this thread started he was only 23.

copthornemike

First I have to agree with the OP - should not play again for us.

Just expanding things AK47 does exemplify the weakness of taking in players based on a stats approach. As an individual he may have looked good value with his physical attributes - pacey, strong as a bull with a strong shot, appeared to have good stamina and when he wanted to could be surprisingly good in the air.

But as we are all too aware football is a team game and in the end his deficiencies were all too visible - and he could never be trusted by his team mates ever again in my opinion. Also as an individual he often appeared to have poor ball control and skills, indeed the more time he was given the poorer the result. In the end his temperament was shown to be appalling in a team context.

I wonder if any stats model can reliably take into account player's mental characteristics? Take Mitrovic as a contrast - a true warrior and team player (witness his reaction to AK's shameful refusal to let Mitro take that penalty).

AK47 was a great shame as one of the greatest deficiencies in our team is a distinct lack of pace throughout - and something to be prioritised in our recruitment or in identifying who next steps up from our junior teams.

Let's hope lessons have and will be learnt and we all just move on from AK47's tenure at FFC.

Woolly Mammoth

At the end of the day AK 47 has dissapointed me.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: MJG on March 07, 2019, 09:12:56 AM
Will not be back playing for us

Sr. Khan was actually watching the game where AK ignored Claudio, the team captain and Mitro.

I too doubt he'll see another game in a Fulham shirt.

Wasn't there a reported incident with AK punching someone in the club (grounds keeper or something?)

Fulham can fill his spot with someone younger whose easier to manage.

the nutflush

Quote from: Twig on March 08, 2019, 11:11:32 PM
Sorry but this is not even a meaningful discussion.  AK is yet to achieve anything of note, has demonstrated a shocking attitude on several occasions and is yet to demonstrate some of the basic footballing abilities.  Dempsey; a seasoned professional and a success at prem and international level, BZ; irritating yes, but sublime hold up play and a season as a world class striker.

This.