https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

wow

Started by ALG01, March 04, 2019, 04:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

I thought I would a few hours before offering my thoughts
Wow!
Against a top team playing very well against us we were as good as we can be, and that is all we can ask.
The defence did well, Hazard and William did not have an easy day
We looked in patches but battled liked our lives depended on it.
The number of blocks and challenges not present in recent games was amazing
Not everything was perfect, when is it but that was how it should have been all season.

Plaing the right players, in the right positions with the right formation and a bit of pride... brilliant.

Chelsea were clearly the better team but we did desrve a point in my opinion.

there has been a debate about Anguisa
IMO he was OK, rather more measured performance from him, so lets hope he improves. It certainly does not look worth the fee but let's see just how good he can be and I think with SP in place I am happy to give him another chance.

TC was clearly carrying a knock so pleased he went off and Kmac and Chambers both on yellow meant one of them had to go or we coulod have been down to 10

Brilliant and inspiring performance...27 points to play off, why not?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Not to take anything away from our performance but some press reports suggested that Chelsea were below par on the day.
I prefer the old story that you can only play as well as the other team lets you.

Beamer

A Chelsea season ticket holder pal of mine (I know and I'm ashamed) went and said afterwards that we frightened them and the feeling among the blue supporters was that they had just about got away with it.
His view was that if we had played like that up to now we would be nowhere near the relegation places.

MJG

Interesting that lots of comments about players in right positions.... Sess on right? Slav and Ranieri both slaughter for that move... Parler gets a fee pass I take it?

Not that I'm bothered by it, just the double standards shown by many regarding this particular point.
Just the views of a long term fan

BestOfBrede

Not sure why, but Sess didn't look great on either side for some reason.
Seems to be an issue of confidence knocked out of him, almost certainly by the previous coach!

davew

Quote from: ALG01 on March 04, 2019, 04:45:31 PM
Wow!
Against a top team playing very well against us

Playing the right players, in the right positions with the right formation and a bit of pride... brilliant.

Chelsea were clearly the better team but we did deserve a point in my opinion.

Have edited your post and corrected a couple of spelling errors, not wishing to score any points! Not sure about the wow factor or Chelsea playing well either, better than us but performing like a top 6 side, no not at all! The 3rd and 4th points of your posting I agree with, but the last part of your quote I have highlighted, no chance if we get another 7 points that will be a result!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ALG01

Quote from: MJG on March 04, 2019, 04:58:53 PM
Interesting that lots of comments about players in right positions.... Sess on right? Slav and Ranieri both slaughter for that move... Parler gets a fee pass I take it?

Not that I'm bothered by it, just the double standards shown by many regarding this particular point.

It is not uncommon to play a left sided player, especially an attackin one on the right and vice verca and then swapping them. Barett and conway usually swapped at least once a half sometimes more.
It's what the rest of the team look like that make sense of it or not.
Sess did his best woork on the right particularly in the last 20 mins so i am not sure you are anywhere near correct to suggest a double standard.

I honestly do not recall when slav did it but take your word and when CR it was wrong because he set the team up wrong. If you insist on poking an unecessary stick (that's humour) call it poetic licence not double standard from me.

Twig

Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 04, 2019, 06:42:05 PM
Not sure why, but Sess didn't look great on either side for some reason.
Seems to be an issue of confidence knocked out of him, almost certainly by the previous coach!

Sess got noticeably better as the natch went on. In the first half he was muscled off the ball on more than one occasion. In the second half he was dishing it out! 

toshes mate

Quote from: ALG01 on March 04, 2019, 09:10:41 PM

It is not uncommon to play a left sided player, especially an attackin one on the right and vice verca and then swapping them. Barett and conway usually swapped at least once a half sometimes more.
Sess did his best woork on the right particularly in the last 20 mins so i am not sure you are anywhere near correct to suggest a double standard.

I honestly do not recall when slav did it but take your word and when CR it was wrong because he set the team up wrong. If you insist on poking an unecessary stick (that's humour) call it poetic licence not double standard from me.
It also happened a few times last season in our promotion year.  And yes that proverbial stick always originates from somewhere.

MJG

Its not uncomon and im not against it at all, but we could go back through a load of threads and find exactly what i'm talking about anyone saying different is mistaken.
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ALG01 on March 04, 2019, 04:45:31 PM
I thought I would a few hours before offering my thoughts
Wow!
Against a top team playing very well against us we were as good as we can be, and that is all we can ask.
The defence did well, Hazard and William did not have an easy day
We looked in patches but battled liked our lives depended on it.
The number of blocks and challenges not present in recent games was amazing
Not everything was perfect, when is it but that was how it should have been all season.

Plaing the right players, in the right positions with the right formation and a bit of pride... brilliant.

Chelsea were clearly the better team but we did desrve a point in my opinion.

there has been a debate about Anguisa
IMO he was OK, rather more measured performance from him, so lets hope he improves. It certainly does not look worth the fee but let's see just how good he can be and I think with SP in place I am happy to give him another chance.

TC was clearly carrying a knock so pleased he went off and Kmac and Chambers both on yellow meant one of them had to go or we coulod have been down to 10

Agree, the performance was an oasis of joy in a desert of gloom.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

We must not expect too much too soon but a little more of the same next week would be fine to be going on with.

ALG01

Quote from: MJG on March 05, 2019, 08:46:13 AM

Its not uncomon and im not against it at all, but we could go back through a load of threads and find exactly what i'm talking about anyone saying different is mistaken.

I prefer sess on the left but I am not against him on the right providing the team is set up properly. You mentioned only one player but if the team was using a differnt formation or different personnel it could be wrong to play him on the right. As it was the players were in the correct positions for that line up IMO more or less. If and when Babel switched they remained in the correct positions.