watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Blackpool

Started by bog, March 09, 2019, 09:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Today, after many seasons of hell with a useless chairman, Blackpool supporters have got their club back. Good luck to them. Spare a thought for Coventry who are on the edge of going out of the league as they are still trying to sort out where they will play their home games next season. What a hell their fans are going through....and then there is Bolton with the HMRC hovering with sharp knives. From the 1980's we have some idea of the anguish.   

092.gif     

Kent Cassandra

Hi Mike
I am very sympathetic with these clubs who like us have great history and traditions.
I remember when we played Blackpool away a couple of years ago, I was at the match
with the misses and we joined their demonstration before the match. during the match
the home fans started a anti Oyston chant which all of the Fulham fans joined in.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Mince n Tatties

The worlds Oldest club Notts County on the brink.
Who are these people who drive clubs into the ground?

Woolly Mammoth

It's criminal when the rich clubs are getting richer and richer. Not enough money is funnelled down the football pyramid to the grassroots either, it's all creamed off at the top, and it's all the fault of the bone heads at the FA and Football League who are complicit in the demise of many such clubs.
Lions led by Donkeys is the phrase I believe.
Well the rich clubs will look a little silly when they find one day there are very few clubs left they can play.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Radical but I would stop transfer fees & cap wages. In what other business would one employer pay another to secure an employee. A weekly wage which would take most people 5 years to earn is immoral.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Tempest

There are too many clubs being badly run, in fact I'd say there are too many pro clubs full stop in England. It is time for clubs to fold, merge or ground share. Unpopular view I'm sure but I'd rather ground share than fold, merge is a horrible option but go out of business altogether? Its probably best to have some aspect of your club remaining.  And before anyone asks, no, I wouldn't have supported Fulham Park Rangers but that's a decision people would have to make.

If Bolton, Blackpool,  Notts County actually ceased tomorrow,  in all honesty what impact would have on the footballing world? Unless you support or work there it's a positive thing. Owners would need to realise there isn't always a knight in shining armour to save the club from financial recklessness. 

Clubs dying would ultimately be a positive for the future. 

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

bog

I have been watching the Notts County plight. I read that their chairman went to put some smart reply in the way of photograph on some modern facility and ended up with pictures of his not so private parts on display for all to see by mistake....it was County who had some twerp pretend to be an Arab millionaire and bought them out, Sven was installed as manger and even Sol Campbell signed, then the hoax was exposed. Dear oh dear.  :dft001:

092.gif

bog

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on March 09, 2019, 10:16:27 AM
Hi Mike
I am very sympathetic with these clubs who like us have great history and traditions.
I remember when we played Blackpool away a couple of years ago, I was at the match
with the misses and we joined their demonstration before the match. during the match
the home fans started a anti Oyston chant which all of the Fulham fans joined in.

Hello Terry hope all is well. Like you I have much sympathy for these clubs.

Mince n Tatties

All of their boycotting fans have returned in droves today,over 14,000 there compared to  around 3,000 at other home games.👍

Mince n Tatties

And an injury time equaliser to keep them happy.