watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone in here - looking forward

Started by H4usuallysitting, March 06, 2019, 05:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch

Yes, should hopefully be enjoyable. Easy to mess that first season going down right up and having another nightmare though.

Still don't think work starts on the Riverside.

Robbie

PL vs CShip ???     Cr8p team, lost most of our  games, higher prices, tourists ....
CShip is much better ...  provided our ticket prices adjust properly.

ALG01

As a very long term inmate at Fulham
I can tell you 100% I am absolutely hating the idea of being relegated and watching olde worlde football, being even more ignored by the media, having the possibility of relegation to League one, being unable to recruit top draw players (chance would be a fin thing with TK), lesser standard of opposition, not playing the top teams with the worlds best players on a regular basis.

The Championship for us now is a badge of failure and the stench of that is is unpleasant.

I like th Prem despite all its many apparent disadvantages, what is the point if you do not aspire to be at the top and we should be.

Twig

Quote from: ALG01 on March 07, 2019, 04:24:51 PM
I can tell you 100% I am absolutely hating the idea of being relegated and watching olde worlde football, being even more ignored by the media, having the possibility of relegation to League one, being unable to recruit top draw players (chance would be a fin thing with TK), lesser standard of opposition, not playing the top teams with the worlds best players on a regular basis.

The Championship for us now is a badge of failure and the stench of that is is unpleasant.

I like th Prem despite all its many apparent disadvantages, what is the point if you do not aspire to be at the top and we should be.

:plus one:

St Eve

My sentiments exactly

Woolly Mammoth

Well said.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Could be argued that we played some pretty good football in our last season in the Championship!

Also, we attracted some great players e.g. Mitrovic. We saw a youth team player e.g. Sess grow into a first team player (when he probably wouldn't have had that chance in the Prem).

Played some big teams e.g. Villa with some big players e.g. Terry.

I think people need to embrace that the Championship is becoming what the Premiership used to be. Take away those top six or seven teams and leave a lot of great away days.

Woolly Mammoth

We will need to brace ourselves, no matter whether we stay up or go down.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Milo on March 08, 2019, 01:11:52 AM

Could be argued that we played some pretty good football in our last season in the Championship!

Also, we attracted some great players e.g. Mitrovic. We saw a youth team player e.g. Sess grow into a first team player (when he probably wouldn't have had that chance in the Prem).

Played some big teams e.g. Villa with some big players e.g. Terry.

I think people need to embrace that the Championship is becoming what the Premiership used to be. Take away those top six or seven teams and leave a lot of great away days.

It's not and never will be "what the premiership used to be". There is no qualification for Europe, it doesn't offer the chance to pit yourselves against the best, it doesn't attract the best players, doesn't come close on prize money or TV rights cash, etc. The prem and previously the first division did that. The Championship is still division two dressed up in new clothes.

SuffolkWhite

Not looking forward to the Championship but like the Championship, we play in a system of four divisions and should aspire to remain in the top flight.

I cant see the miracle happening unfortunately so the Championship is at least some consolation to enjoy football.

I will say I used to moan about the Ref's in the Champ but I find myself doing the same in the Prem, and I wont miss the bias the top teams get from officials.

Shame Norwich and Ipswich wont be in the Champ next season as easy away games for me.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Holders

I'm now resigned to relegation so, so long as the Riverside is under way and we've retained the essentials of the team without too much attrition, then I think I would enjoy next year. But the objective still has to be promotion, however enjoyable the second tier may be, I still want to see my team with a seat at the top table. The gap between the PL and the "Championship" has obviously grown so much wider, with the top teams in the PL pulling away still further, that it's essential to build a foothold there before it's unattainable. The last (avoidable) relegation showed us that.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Andy S

When you look at almost half the teams in the premier league they are no better than we should be. So the answer is no but I'm hopeful of a good season

junior white

Quote from: Robbie on March 07, 2019, 02:28:06 PM
PL vs CShip ???     Cr8p team, lost most of our  games, higher prices, tourists ....
CShip is much better ...  provided our ticket prices adjust properly.
Can't see the prices going down to much (hope I am wrong), the riverside stand development will mean a loss of income. My guess is the prices will remain higher than before in the championship (if we go down as it seems likely) due to loss of income

RaySmith

To me looking forward to next season and writing this one off,  is like wishing your life away, it's the present that's important, especially in football maybe!

We have matches to play with potential points to be won, and expect the team to give their all, presumably, in every game, in an attempt to win  each one, otherwise what would be the point of attending or taking any kind of interest in the 9 games coming up.

Woolly Mammoth

We have to attempt to win every match, no matter what happens. To finish the season in a flourish, will build confidence and good habits, and will leave the team/ manager/ club/ supporters in a much better frame of mind to build on for next season which ever Division we may find ourselves in.

Never forget your Roots.

Black and White Town

Of course we should and do aspire to be in the Prem. That doesn't mean the Championship is awful: it's an entertaining league with some excellent football played.
I like the fact that it isn't dominated by a handful of big clubs.

Getting relegated is disappointing, but it's not a disaster. Rebuild and regroup, and have another go next season.
In the meantime, try and finish this season with whatever is left of our dignity and self-respect.

Milo

Suppose it's like "he who is bored of London is bored of life"

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Holders on March 08, 2019, 08:52:52 AM
I'm now resigned to relegation so, so long as the Riverside is under way and we've retained the essentials of the team without too much attrition, then I think I would enjoy next year. But the objective still has to be promotion, however enjoyable the second tier may be, I still want to see my team with a seat at the top table. The gap between the PL and the "Championship" has obviously grown so much wider, with the top teams in the PL pulling away still further, that it's essential to build a foothold there before it's unattainable. The last (avoidable) relegation showed us that.

We need to not only get promoted but like Wolves develop a core squad that will stay in the premier league. After the Leceister match, we need to finalise who of the loans is staying and bench the rest. Get players on the field that are getting sold and game time for those playing next year.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 08, 2019, 12:51:10 PM

We need to not only get promoted but like Wolves develop a core squad that will stay in the premier league. After the Leceister match, we need to finalise who of the loans is staying and bench the rest. Get players on the field that are getting sold and game time for those playing next year.

Disagree. To start, we will of course not have finalized who is staying after the Leicester game. How would that even be possible? Therefore, we would have to bench them all since none would be guaranteed to stay. Maybe also the short term contracts like Babel and Markovic?

Next year is next year, and I believe that for what is left of this year we should concentrate on playing to the best of our ability. If that means playing all loans, or no loans matters nothing in my opinion. If we are mathematically unable to avoid relegation, then I think it may be fair to reason that some thought is given to next year, for example maybe give some of our best youngsters a few minutes just to motivate them. However, it is still in my opinion more important to instill some new belief and winning culture in the team in order to enter the summer in as good spirit as possible. Players already on our books that will be staying will have plenty of time to get in shape during preseason. It is the players that have not yet arrived that may be the problem.

Woolly Mammoth

The next match is the most important.

Never forget your Roots.