Main Menu

Name your Fulham players for 2018/19 season in these categories

Started by @jolslover, March 05, 2019, 09:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: ffcne on March 06, 2019, 03:40:27 PM
Quote from: Wingnut on March 06, 2019, 01:57:45 PM
Best player - Mitro
Underrated player - Seri (Would be very good in a solid PL side)
Most surprisingly good player - Chambers (in Midfield)
Most surprisingly bad player - Bryan
Most potential - Seri

Cannot see Seri attracting any interest from other premier league clubs.
Apart from first 3/4 games has been bang average, not sure what he has done.

If he has been bang average, he may very well be seen as underrated given the amount of people complaining every time he is in the team.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 06, 2019, 12:55:06 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 06, 2019, 12:17:36 PM
Best player - Mitrovic
Underrated player - Seri
Most surprisingly good player - Rico apart from crosses (but i'm more surprised how no one is surprisingly good)
Most surprisingly bad player - Chambers as Right Back (or any of our four International RBs from Holland, Ireland, England & Belgium)
Most potential (other than Sess) - Anguissa (100% potential as all his value will be in the future, but i still believe)

Do you think Odoi's lone cap from 2012 means that it is accurate to describe him as an international? Just interested.

Odoi is a surprisingly bad right-back, for someone with that has started once (or been on the bench) for a top international team like Belgium. Although, he is way better at right-back this season than our players that have played at right-back for Netherlands and England.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 07, 2019, 12:49:18 AM
Best player - Mitrovic
Underrated player - Seri
Most surprisingly good player - Rico apart from crosses (but i'm more surprised how no one is surprisingly good)
Most surprisingly bad player - Chambers as Right Back (or any of our four International RBs from Holland, Ireland, England & Belgium)
Most potential (other than Sess) - Anguissa (100% potential as all his value will be in the future, but i still believe)

Do you think Odoi's lone cap from 2012 means that it is accurate to describe him as an international? Just interested.

Odoi is a surprisingly bad right-back, for someone with that has started once (or been on the bench) for a top international team like Belgium. Although, he is way better at right-back this season than our players that have played at right-back for Netherlands and England.

There is one piece in this jigsaw that does not fit, and it has TK written over it.
You need to find the right piece that fits, if you want your vision to succeed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sting of the North

Best player - Mitrovic
Underrated player - Seri

Well, for starters this was 7 years ago, and as mentioned one game. Against Montenegro. In a friendly. There is a huge amount of players that has had a cap or a few caps for half decent international teams, without actually being of the quality required. Also, Belgium hasn't historically been a top international team at all, but rather by some as far as I know unexplained happening have produced an unexpected number of world class players the last 5-10 years.

My point is that being an international in itself doesn't necessarily mean that you are a top player, and certainly not if you have played in one friendly seven years ago.

JimmyConway

Best player - Mitrovic
Underrated player - McDonald
Most surprisingly good player - Chambers
Most surprisingly bad players - Odoi - Christie - Ream
Most potential (other than Sess) - Mitrovic

F(f)CUK

Best player - Mitrovic
Underrated player - Sessegnon - taken a lot of stick this year from the manager and from TV pundits and yet not playing with freedom allowed last year
Most surprisingly good player - Chambers in midfield or possibly Nordwelt
Most surprisingly bad players - Anguissa - either him or Seri are our highest ever signings and yet he does not merit a starting spot at the moment
Most potential (other than Sess) - Mitrovic (but not for us unfortunately  :012:)

Matt10

Best player - Mitro
Underrated player - Seri
Most surprisingly bad player - Fosu-Mensah
Most potential (other than Sess) - Vietto

toshes mate

Best player - Mitrovic
Underrated player - Odoi (How many positions has he played to the best of his capable ability?)
Most surprisingly good player - Chambers (as a box to box midfielder he has been very good)
Most surprisingly bad player - Timothy Fosu-Mensah (Just not at the races at all)
Most potential (other than Sess) - Mitrovic (He is a natural striker who could easily become a world leader in a few years)

I'd also like to create a space for a player who I think will be sensational next season under Parker either staying up or going down - Sessegnon, R.

New Kid on the Block

Best player - Mitro

Underrated player - Odoi

Most surprisingly good player - Babel

Most surprisingly bad player - Seri

Most potential - Nordvelt

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 07, 2019, 08:21:26 AM
Best player - Mitrovic
Underrated player - Seri

Well, for starters this was 7 years ago, and as mentioned one game. Against Montenegro. In a friendly. There is a huge amount of players that has had a cap or a few caps for half decent international teams, without actually being of the quality required. Also, Belgium hasn't historically been a top international team at all, but rather by some as far as I know unexplained happening have produced an unexpected number of world class players the last 5-10 years.

My point is that being an international in itself doesn't necessarily mean that you are a top player, and certainly not if you have played in one friendly seven years ago.

Odoi is a suprising bad right-back for Belgium International, regardless of how rare, minor and obsure his apperances. In truth, everyone of our four fringe international right-backs, if chosen to play for FFC will probably the worst right-back in the premier league for that round.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

Best player - Mitro by quite a margin
Underrated player - Rico
Most surprisingly bad player - Schurrle. Not necessarily bad but just so unsuited to us.
Most potential (other than Sess) - Can't think of any

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 08, 2019, 04:07:41 AM

Odoi is a suprising bad right-back for Belgium International, regardless of how rare, minor and obsure his apperances. In truth, everyone of our four fringe international right-backs, if chosen to play for FFC will probably the worst right-back in the premier league for that round.

Well, we have to agree to disagree then. You may be surprised, but I don't think that you should be. I am not in the least surprised that a Belgium international right back is not very good at PL level. We see this time and time again with internationals from various countries. There is so much more to it, and if the only assessment as to whether you should be good enough is whether or not they happen to have at one point or another represented their country then the surprises will come thick and fast I'm afraid.

General

Curious now to know then why so many people agree that the most potential card goes to Anguissa, despite him being the subject of so much criticism on this board... - anyone care to enlighten me?

Sting of the North

Quote from: General on March 08, 2019, 04:20:47 PM
Curious now to know then why so many people agree that the most potential card goes to Anguissa, despite him being the subject of so much criticism on this board... - anyone care to enlighten me?

For starters I believe that many thinks that in order to qualify for a "most potential" spot you have to be reasonably young. Anguissa is fairly young.

Secondly, I also believe that many would think of this category to be for someone that has yet to realize the potential. This could mean that a player like Mitro loses out since people may think that he plays closer to his potential than some other, such another being again Anguissa.

Thirdly, in my opinion it is easy to see that Anguissa is a talented player, with a real eye for a pass, and good technique. He is also a big lad which should theoretically enable him to impose himself in midfield.

Nothing of the above says that he cannot also have been playing below the expected standards for us, hence the criticism. I would assume that the people being most negative towards Anguissa, calling him a waste of space and similar, have not put him in the "most potential" category.

Just a few guesses from my end.