more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hodgson eyes Shorey deal

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, February 07, 2010, 02:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_5923568,00.html

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has confirmed that he is keen on signing Nicky Shorey on a permanent deal.

The England international signed for The Cottagers on loan from Aston Villa on transfer deadline day.

Now Hodgson admits he hoping to keep the 28-year-old beyond the end of the season.

"A price has been put on Nicky's head if, at the end of the loan period, he wants to stay and we certainly want to keep him," said Hodgson.

"He's a player we considered many times.

"When he was at Reading we were interested, but the price and wages he could command took him out of our reach and he went to Aston Villa."

FatFreddysCat

Looks good, but as i pointed in anouther thread we have a very high average age , and at 28 Shorey would almost be counted as a young un.

Brede Butter Pudding

Yeah but he's a lot better than most left-backs who are younger than him. At 28 he still has many more seasons to go. I'd be over the moon if we signed him.

cebu

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on February 07, 2010, 03:34:25 PM
Yeah but he's a lot better than most left-backs who are younger than him. At 28 he still has many more seasons to go. I'd be over the moon if we signed him.

Actually he'll turn 29 in about 2 weeks.

Brede Butter Pudding

Don't you think the point still stands though? Kevin Phillips proved today that you can still turn games around at a ripe old age. Shorey is a much better left back than many younger players of the same position. I would rather have 29 year old Nicky Shorey at left back than a 24 year old no hoper.

cebu

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on February 07, 2010, 05:07:55 PM
Don't you think the point still stands though? Kevin Phillips proved today that you can still turn games around at a ripe old age. Shorey is a much better left back than many younger players of the same position. I would rather have 29 year old Nicky Shorey at left back than a 24 year old no hoper.

I don't have any problem at all with Shorey even at 29. In fact I'm sure Konch will have a real fight on his hands for the left-back spot, when he becomes available again.

Dugliss

Quote from: cebu on February 07, 2010, 05:13:26 PM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on February 07, 2010, 05:07:55 PM

I don't have any problem at all with Shorey even at 29. In fact I'm sure Konch will have a real fight on his hands for the left-back spot, when he becomes available again.

I think Roy will have a problem keeping them both happy and then we`re back to square one again. Is there not a promising left back in the development squad that we can gradually bring through

Brede Butter Pudding

We bought Butchmann from Liverpool who is supposed to be one of the top 10 biggest young talents in Europe or something, he plays LB or left wing, but he's only 17 so probs too young

finnster01

Our defense is not having an age problem at all. The old one in question age wise is Aaron Hughes, who is the only one that's 30 and he seems to be holding up very well. 30 years old for a CB isn't bad at all, it is when they play their best football as can be witnessed every week.

Now, the midfield on the other hand is looking like a OAP day out hosted by St John's at the moment.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Brede Butter Pudding

I'm worried about Murph's legs - he needs a rest

mrska

Best player by a mile against Pompey.. the only player to have the bottle to run at the pompey defence instead of sidewards balls and massive hoofs upfield..

bigalffc

sign him up Roy he'll be worth every penny - please find an RB as well!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum