watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BLINGO

Started by LBNo11, October 24, 2010, 11:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

Blingo: I deleted a post of his, not for the first time, where I thought it was inappropriate and likely to cause disharmony to the rest of the board.

Blingo took it upon himself to close his own membership and throw his toys out of the pram (a second time). No PM's sent to me, no threat from me to delete his account, nothing, just a second public walk out.

I am not stopping him coming back on board - he is.

I have received no communication from him that I can recall since he went into self-imposed exile, and Corked Hat, I haven't a clue what he or anyone expects of me to sort things out.

He can contact other moderators if he no longer wants to talk to me to sort out his own problems.
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

CorkedHat

I appreciate all that Ed – all I am saying is that equally so-called offensive posts have been allowed whereas Blingo's post was pulled.
Some people react to criticism and censorship with insouciance whereas others take it personally. You should have been on the receiving end of the hate mail I received when I said that Mornington Crescent was a game for overgrown schoolkids – I had to seek counselling for a month. Then just when I recovered from that trauma I had the temerity to say that I thought Norman Wisdom was as funny as a wet week in Hull and I was ostracised and castigated like a leper at a swinger's party.
I also appreciate the excellent job you are doing and the last thing we want is to disintegrate into the drivel we witness on the Offal but sometimes discretion is the better part of valour, as they say. Maybe you should use those yellow cards and issue a couple of warnings before brandishing the dreaded red!
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

finnster01

Dear Sirs,

In time I am sure Blingo will come back. Fulham and FoF are bigger than a few individuals, but Blingo sure was one who added value to this board.

I don't really care if technically he got kicked off or not, he sure felt he wasn't welcome so he left. That is his prerogative.

Being a moderator must be the hardest thing to do. However, the terrific job they do makes this board what it is and I wouldn't want it any different way. Most times they get it right. Unlike the refs in the Prem.

Now can we please get rid of the two rotten eggs who are in the process of poisoning this board and make it very unpleasant for some? They have surely worn out their welcome. Thank you. :Sparkyticus:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: finnster01 on October 24, 2010, 12:09:46 PM

Now can we please get rid of the two rotten eggs who are in the process of poisoning this board and make it very unpleasant for some? They have surely worn out their welcome. Thank you. :Sparkyticus:

please refrain from insulting,it's not fair.thanks

CorkCity

I'm glad Blingo has gone  :003:
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Fernhurst

Well I'm not Corky...... Blingo has pulled me back from the edge of the cliff more than once after a particulary poor result from our beloved team.

michaelread

I saw this, the two identical jokes.

Ridiculous. I dont even see how for a single second anyone could not give the same punishment for the same crime.

PC gone mad

epsomraver

Quote from: CorkedHat on October 24, 2010, 11:52:26 AM
I appreciate all that Ed – all I am saying is that equally so-called offensive posts have been allowed whereas Blingo's post was pulled.
Some people react to criticism and censorship with insouciance whereas others take it personally. You should have been on the receiving end of the hate mail I received when I said that Mornington Crescent was a game for overgrown schoolkids – I had to seek counselling for a month. Then just when I recovered from that trauma I had the temerity to say that I thought Norman Wisdom was as funny as a wet week in Hull and I was ostracised and castigated like a leper at a swinger's party.
I also appreciate the excellent job you are doing and the last thing we want is to disintegrate into the drivel we witness on the Offal but sometimes discretion is the better part of valour, as they say. Maybe you should use those yellow cards and issue a couple of warnings before brandishing the dreaded red!

The difference was John that although you were in a minority of one regarding Norman you were still entitled to express your opinion , we cannot all like the same things, that is life, the difference was you were allowed to say your piece the same as I did without the insults and keyboard warriors threatening to meet you and punch your lights out and that is what makes this board so different. I don't know what happened re Blingo but we are all adults and if you cannot take a b*ll*cking from time to time without going off like a sulky kid taking his ball away because he cannot get his own way then some growing up needs to be done.

LBNo11

...CH, you say "all I am saying is that equally so-called offensive posts have been allowed whereas Blingo's post was pulled". I understand that, and I am not the oracle, I just have to take a personal considered opinion about the posts I view and whether I think they are appropriate.

To date there have been 67,400 replies made to posts since this latest version of FoF, I cannot check every single one, as I have a job to do that pays me. As said, there are 7 moderators in total, all of them give up their own time to keep this MB and site in order, and like all groups of people we discuss and not necessarily agree on things, but come to a single decision for the sake of the smooth running of this forum.

Despite the jovial ribbing we get, we are not all power crazed banning machines, and we all do a lot that is not seen - as an example, we have 1,067 members, but we have had 1,569 odd applications for membership - the 500 odd that are not accepted are checked out to see if they are know WUM's or trolls or spreader of malicious goods or computer viruses - 500 rejections to keep this MB a (reasonably) happy place, that all takes time and diligence.

We are not all things to all beings, but we try...

finnster01

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 24, 2010, 01:52:50 PM
...CH, you say "all I am saying is that equally so-called offensive posts have been allowed whereas Blingo's post was pulled". I understand that, and I am not the oracle, I just have to take a personal considered opinion about the posts I view and whether I think they are appropriate.

To date there have been 67,400 replies made to posts since this latest version of FoF, I cannot check every single one, as I have a job to do that pays me. As said, there are 7 moderators in total, all of them give up their own time to keep this MB and site in order, and like all groups of people we discuss and not necessarily agree on things, but come to a single decision for the sake of the smooth running of this forum.

Despite the jovial ribbing we get, we are not all power crazed banning machines, and we all do a lot that is not seen - as an example, we have 1,067 members, but we have had 1,569 odd applications for membership - the 500 odd that are not accepted are checked out to see if they are know WUM's or trolls or spreader of malicious goods or computer viruses - 500 rejections to keep this MB a (reasonably) happy place, that all takes time and diligence.

:clap_hands:

Now grow some balls and ban the two tossers that according to your own very vote should be sent to hell.

I am tired of it. In fact if those monsters don't disappear, I'll do a fat Fred as well and take a good few days off. Not that anyone would care anyway, but I try to make an honest effort most of the time and think before I write. Thank you.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: finnster01 on October 24, 2010, 02:22:56 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on October 24, 2010, 01:52:50 PM

:clap_hands:

Now grow some balls and ban the two tossers that according to your own very vote should be sent to hell.

I am tired of it. In fact if those monsters don't disappear, I'll do a fat Fred as well and take a good few days off. Not that anyone would care anyway, but I try to make an honest effort most of the time and think before I write. Thank you.

I'd care Finn. Not very much admittedly, but I'd miss you a bit.  :59:

LBNo11

...finnster01, point of order as I'm not sure you fully read what I had written:-

1) I am in possession of a full set of family jewels thank you.
2) It is not my vote, I have given the opportunity to a vox pop vote.

This is a message board, not life or death, but a place where we can communicate our hopes and fears about the team and those we love.

Hissy fits happen, it is natural, things annoy people and a posturing stance is made and a corner backed into and egos are bruised. As you say no person is bigger than the MB, but we don't want wholesale departures by long standing members - if you pardon the expression.

If you really enjoy Friends Of Fulham, stay on it - ignore those you don't like - and try to trust the Moderati to carry on doing what we try to do. Thanks...

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: finnster01 on October 24, 2010, 02:22:56 PM
.[/size]

please fin,why keep calling me "rotten egg,and a tosser" where clearly you are making a false judgement?you don't know me,and i don't know you,and i can bet you my life on it,that i have not ONCE posted  message in purpose to wind anybody up,,,,,,,,,,,,unless proven wrong,i beg you to be kind with me and if you can't just stay away from my very few posts and ignore them!once again,thank y

epsomraver

don't know me,and i don't know you,and i can bet you my life on it,that i have not ONCE posted  message in purpose to wind anybody up,,,,,,,,,,,,unless proven wrong,i beg you to be kind with me
This sounds like the emails I get from princess lila from Nigeria telling me she wants to give me millions once she has my bank details, Wanna bee if you are serious and not here just to annoy then just get on and post and turn off the simpering posts

SHADY1

I missed what happened so can't comment on that ... But HOORAY.
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

leonffc

Has anyone noticed that FFC results are poor and so are our expectations of the club since Blingo left with his unrivaled outlook and positivity?

COME BACK BLINGO --- PLEASE    :Sparkyticus:

And corked hatt. I completley agree. Norman wisdom was as funny as a wet weekend in Hull (or Stevenage for your benefit). One trick pony mate.

JezamyBates

I had no time for Wisdom either. His comedy was not my thing and he became a national joke towards the end. As sad as I am for his passing, it came as no great surprise.

The same applies to the ailing Lady Thatcher

bigalffc

Quote from: JezamyBates on October 24, 2010, 08:37:16 PM
I had no time for Wisdom either. His comedy was not my thing and he became a national joke towards the end. As sad as I am for his passing, it came as no great surprise.

The same applies to the ailing Lady Thatcher

Sorry you feel that way, I personally liked and respected both.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Peabody

All I can say is please hurry back Blingo, I need your support when I tell everyone what a great keeper Tony Macedo was.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Peabody on October 24, 2010, 09:21:29 PM
All I can say is please hurry back Blingo, I need your support when I tell everyone what a great keeper Tony Macedo was.

The most absurd opinion posted today.

As any sensible person over the age of 60 knows Macedo was a total liability and by far the most inept keeper the club has ever had. Bar none.

(if that doesn't bring Blingo back nothing will)