27 (35.1%)
JEZAMY BATES - NO
12 (15.6%)
FULHAMWANNABE - YES
22 (28.6%)
FULHAMWANNABE - NO
16 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: JEZAMY BATES & FULHAMWANNABE  (Read 10024 times)

Offline Jimpav

• cebu
Re: JEZAMY BATES & FULHAMWANNABE
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2010, 01:11:10 PM »
At times like these I always revert to THE acid test - "what would Terry Wogan say?"

And what would he say????

TonyGilroy

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2010, 01:25:06 PM »
At times like these I always revert to THE acid test - "what would Terry Wogan say?"

And what would he say????

It would be meaningless drivel that he alone found hilarious.

I don't think that's the place to look for an answer.

Logicalman

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2010, 04:50:36 PM »

I believe it's more like What would Corporal Jones say about it.

CULTUREVULTURE

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2010, 05:18:17 PM »
Don't know JesammyBates. But I have had dealings with Fulhamwannabe he (and on another forum) and I do think he is genuine.

I know LBNo11 is trying to be democratic here. Talking generally I would respect his decision to ban anyone he considered to be a nuisance. But I think the idea of opening it up to a vote is wrong. This is clearly a site for mature and intelligent discussion. If there are wums on board then offereing them to opportunity to vote is a golden opportunity to cause mischief. If such an offer was made on Cottage Corner Tizzard, Wizard, Aidan, Mark Bacon would have a field day and revel in the chaos they could cause.

My advice to LBNo11. You and your mods should run this place like a military junta and not consult the people. I mean take the general election result as an indication of what happens when you try and be democratic.

TonyGilroy

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2010, 06:16:36 PM »
My advice to LBNo11. You and your mods should run this place like a military junta and not consult the people. I mean take the general election result as an indication of what happens when you try and be democratic.

He's being political.

BAN HIM

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2010, 06:50:04 PM »

He's being political.

BAN HIM

Ban TG for being a WUM and using the P word.

Offline LBNo11

• Gentleman Jim
  • @LBNo11FFC
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2010, 07:00:46 PM »
...and now you have the facility to change your vote...

FatFreddysCat

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2010, 11:43:12 PM »
...and now you have the facility to change your vote...
Can we all vote in orange or red? I see you have Master Bates Deliverance smilie now  :HD: (with apologies to HatterDon).

Offline The Equalizer

• Gentleman Jim
  • "Blondie! You filthy son of a b...ayayayayaaaa"
    • Follow my blog: EqualizerAtLarge
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2010, 09:41:55 AM »
I really should look at the other forums on this, erm, forum more often. I cannot believe I missed this massive debate so long ago.

I have to say that I disagree with this entirely. If people have a problem with certain posters, please contact the moderators directly and ask for it to be dealt with. Throwing their names up for vote and a discussion like this is more akin to a classic witch-hunt than a democratic process.

For the record I voted no to both. I've not found either poster particularly offensive, but I can see why people dislike their posts. I don't like people being labelled as 'wums' or 'trolls' simply because they have a boisterous or careless way of putting things, and labelling people is a dangerous game. I'm sure that Fat Fred or myself could be labelled as WUMs in our own way because of the way that we sometimes post. Tolerance is a strange beast...

White Noise

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2010, 09:49:59 AM »
I really should look at the other forums on this, erm, forum more often. I cannot believe I missed this massive debate so long ago.

I have to say that I disagree with this entirely. If people have a problem with certain posters, please contact the moderators directly and ask for it to be dealt with. Throwing their names up for vote and a discussion like this is more akin to a classic witch-hunt than a democratic process.

For the record I voted no to both. I've not found either poster particularly offensive, but I can see why people dislike their posts. I don't like people being labelled as 'wums' or 'trolls' simply because they have a boisterous or careless way of putting things, and labelling people is a dangerous game. I'm sure that Fat Fred or myself could be labelled as WUMs in our own way because of the way that we sometimes post. Tolerance is a strange beast...

And I'm sure that is the view of the moderator/s on 'Cottage Corner'.

Offline The Equalizer

• Gentleman Jim
  • "Blondie! You filthy son of a b...ayayayayaaaa"
    • Follow my blog: EqualizerAtLarge
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 10:00:02 AM »
I've not been on there so cannot comment.

FatFreddysCat

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2011, 01:27:05 PM »
forgot about them two did they get the :red: or did they just leave?  And Eq how could little ole me get confused for a WUM?  :011: