12 (41.4%)
FULHAMWANNABE - YES
22 (75.9%)
FULHAMWANNABE - NO
16 (55.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Jimpav

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on October 26, 2010, 01:03:57 PM
At times like these I always revert to THE acid test - "what would Terry Wogan say?"

And what would he say????

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Jimpav on October 26, 2010, 01:11:10 PM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on October 26, 2010, 01:03:57 PM
At times like these I always revert to THE acid test - "what would Terry Wogan say?"

And what would he say????

It would be meaningless drivel that he alone found hilarious.

I don't think that's the place to look for an answer.

Logicalman

I believe it's more like What would Corporal Jones say about it.

CULTUREVULTURE

Don't know JesammyBates. But I have had dealings with Fulhamwannabe he (and on another forum) and I do think he is genuine.

I know LBNo11 is trying to be democratic here. Talking generally I would respect his decision to ban anyone he considered to be a nuisance. But I think the idea of opening it up to a vote is wrong. This is clearly a site for mature and intelligent discussion. If there are wums on board then offereing them to opportunity to vote is a golden opportunity to cause mischief. If such an offer was made on Cottage Corner Tizzard, Wizard, Aidan, Mark Bacon would have a field day and revel in the chaos they could cause.

My advice to LBNo11. You and your mods should run this place like a military junta and not consult the people. I mean take the general election result as an indication of what happens when you try and be democratic.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on October 26, 2010, 05:18:17 PM
My advice to LBNo11. You and your mods should run this place like a military junta and not consult the people. I mean take the general election result as an indication of what happens when you try and be democratic.

He's being political.

BAN HIM

Lighthouse

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 26, 2010, 06:16:36 PM
Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on October 26, 2010, 05:18:17 PM

He's being political.

BAN HIM

Ban TG for being a WUM and using the P word.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...and now you have the facility to change your vote...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 26, 2010, 07:00:46 PM
...and now you have the facility to change your vote...
Can we all vote in orange or red? I see you have Master Bates Deliverance smilie now  :HD: (with apologies to HatterDon).

The Equalizer

I really should look at the other forums on this, erm, forum more often. I cannot believe I missed this massive debate so long ago.

I have to say that I disagree with this entirely. If people have a problem with certain posters, please contact the moderators directly and ask for it to be dealt with. Throwing their names up for vote and a discussion like this is more akin to a classic witch-hunt than a democratic process.

For the record I voted no to both. I've not found either poster particularly offensive, but I can see why people dislike their posts. I don't like people being labelled as 'wums' or 'trolls' simply because they have a boisterous or careless way of putting things, and labelling people is a dangerous game. I'm sure that Fat Fred or myself could be labelled as WUMs in our own way because of the way that we sometimes post. Tolerance is a strange beast...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

White Noise

Quote from: The Equalizer on December 30, 2010, 09:41:55 AM
I really should look at the other forums on this, erm, forum more often. I cannot believe I missed this massive debate so long ago.

I have to say that I disagree with this entirely. If people have a problem with certain posters, please contact the moderators directly and ask for it to be dealt with. Throwing their names up for vote and a discussion like this is more akin to a classic witch-hunt than a democratic process.

For the record I voted no to both. I've not found either poster particularly offensive, but I can see why people dislike their posts. I don't like people being labelled as 'wums' or 'trolls' simply because they have a boisterous or careless way of putting things, and labelling people is a dangerous game. I'm sure that Fat Fred or myself could be labelled as WUMs in our own way because of the way that we sometimes post. Tolerance is a strange beast...

And I'm sure that is the view of the moderator/s on 'Cottage Corner'.

The Equalizer

I've not been on there so cannot comment.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FatFreddysCat

forgot about them two did they get the :red: or did they just leave?  And Eq how could little ole me get confused for a WUM?  :011: