News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nordtveit single handedly responsible for first 2 goals ...

Started by howitis, March 10, 2019, 03:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

yep people on this forum talk about him as having a good game and being one of our better performers. Let's be very clear you don't give away 2 goals and be deemed to be playing well. Perhaps it's the utter shambles that is our playing squad that has now meant that fans have lowered their expectations.

Well I haven't ! Parker is not to blame but he is not the answer. The majority of this squad need to be dismantled ASAP. Some don't have the ability, some don't have the heart and many don't have either.
We don't need tweaks we need major surgery and a fresh set of eyes and ideas to execute a plan.

Scott Parker is a good man and was an inspirational player at the peak of his powers (never with Fulham ) but he is not the man to lead us back.

Woolly Mammoth

Nordtveit
Is just another mediocre signing to join all the other mediocre signings.
They just keep piling up.
Nothing Scott Parker can do about it.
A manager to a certain extent is only as good as the players he inherits.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: howitis on March 10, 2019, 03:00:01 PM
yep people on this forum talk about him as having a good game and being one of our better performers. Let's be very clear you don't give away 2 goals and be deemed to be playing well. Perhaps it's the utter shambles that is our playing squad that has now meant that fans have lowered their expectations.

Well I haven't ! Parker is not to blame but he is not the answer. The majority of this squad need to be dismantled ASAP. Some don't have the ability, some don't have the heart and many don't have either.
We don't need tweaks we need major surgery and a fresh set of eyes and ideas to execute a plan.

Scott Parker is a good man and was an inspirational player at the peak of his powers (never with Fulham ) but he is not the man to lead us back.

Let's get Felix in, he's good at decimating a squad and rebuilding it, isn't he? Isn't he?
We've been here before, we'll be here again no doubt.

If anyone really has the answers, then please forward their resumes to Motspur Park because the rest of us, whilst not having actually lowered our values, don't have the answers either.

Whatever happens now, and i'm not referring to any likelihood of remaining up, we and the club need to back Scotty to start the rebuilding process before the drop rather than leaving it until the Summer.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Nordtveit is not our first player to make critical mistakes this season, now that he has played a few games he is getting into the swing of things.

hovewhite

There goals all started with midfield sloppily giving them the ball,I'm not saying he had a good game but no worse than anybody else but no one in our side really was not even average,Scotty got into them at HT we got a reaction but midfield wise we gave them the ball and they were short passes as well ,basics!

Bill2

While he gave the ball away there were numerous other errors which compounded the situation. For the first goal what was Tim Ream doing, he was several yards behind every one else giving the Leicester player all the room, had he been in line he would have been offside. Then for the third goal Dennis Odoi's tackle was pathetic, if you are going to miss take the player out and give away a cheap free kick.

All round defending was woeful completely uncoordinated with no one taking control, even in my days at the most basic level we tried to work as a unit, something our defence don't know the meaning of. One of the centre halves should be taking control and calling the line and if we stopped playing so narrow we would have a better chance of getting to the wide players when the ball is always pinged out to them.

snarks

Chambers was robbed in possession for the first, so where is the blame anything other than his, yes the second was his error, but can you point out why the first was his fault

Milo

Made two last ditch blocks in the first half... agreed those passes were pretty poor but the point is that there's a fair bit of promise there.

I'm just thinking about my new rule (see Colinwhite's thread) regarding being Prem quality in 2-3 years.. I think we need to see him play week in and week out before deciding whether to sign him. He's 28 so in 2-3 years will be on the cusp.

davew

Quote from: filham on March 10, 2019, 05:25:28 PM
Nordtveit is not our first player to make critical mistakes this season, now that he has played a few games he is getting into the swing of things.
LOL, automatic choice then for the remaining games!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on March 10, 2019, 09:16:21 PM
Quote from: filham on March 10, 2019, 05:25:28 PM
LOL, automatic choice then for the remaining games!

Another classic case of a mediocre signing, I remember him at West Ham, I bet TK doesn't.

Never forget your Roots.

the nutflush

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 10, 2019, 03:06:14 PM

Nordtveit

Yep. We sure can find them can't we?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: the nutflush on March 10, 2019, 10:10:42 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 10, 2019, 03:06:14 PM

Nordtveit

Yep. We sure can find them can't we?

It must be a gift we have.

Never forget your Roots.