watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The beauty of football

Started by JoelH5, March 09, 2019, 05:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

The beautiful thing is, at the end of this season, we can wipe the slate clean and start afresh. This season has pushed me to the closest I've ever been to just stop following for the season. The beauty is, next season is a new start and we can forget this dross. I just hope Tony and Co. have learnt their lesson or things will get very interesting.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Hope will not win games.
The only way we can wipe the slate clean, and have a fresh start is to off load the owners son, before he wrecks next season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 09, 2019, 06:10:27 PM
Hope will not win games.
The only way we can wipe the slate clean, and have a fresh start is to off load the owners son, before he wrecks next season.

Spot on.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Twig on March 09, 2019, 06:37:14 PM
Hope will not win games.
Spot on.
100% agree.

JoelH5

Quote from: Jims Dentist on March 09, 2019, 07:56:11 PM
Hope will not win games.
Spot on.
100% agree.

It's not going to happen. Sadly it looks like he will be in charge of football matters for a very long time.

Whitesideup

Someone should explain to TK that the art of management is not necessarily being able to do things well, but to make sure that you employ highly capable people to do the main roles. Because if they are not highly capable, that is your responsibility. Because you can't tell the difference.

I don't really know how the decision making process works at our club, but clearly not well enough. That is something that has to be addressed. If the lesson hasn't been learnt, then we are in big doo-doo, not just now, but next season as well. 

Not really enjoying the "beauty of football" at the moment.

ffc73

Quote from: Whitesideup on March 09, 2019, 09:21:11 PM
Someone should explain to TK that the art of management is not necessarily being able to do things well, but to make sure that you employ highly capable people to do the main roles. Because if they are not highly capable, that is your responsibility. Because you can't tell the difference.

I thought i 051 would know that having accumulated a fortune in his business operation. Interesting SK does not let TK anywhere near the money making part of the empire

RaySmith

After all these years of following Fulham from the top division down to the bottom and  back again, I'm thinking of giving up -the emotional toll is too much at my age.

This season has seemed particularly tough. Afte witnessing the incredible win at home to Brighton, with hopes raised, then the bitter disappointment of Palace, I went down to West Ham, to seee us , again, take an early lead, as I had done at Burnley - and we lost both games!

Gutting. How much of this can a person take? This  is supposed to be something we do for enjoyment, spend a lot of money on.

Woolly Mammoth

Well Ray Smith I salute you and your endeavour to follow Fulham through thick and thin, and beyond, and yes it does take its toll, and inevitably it wears you down.
If it changes from a pleasure to a chore, then you find yourself questioning why you are putting yourself through this ordeal, and it's become an expensive ordeal also.
But then again you may feel you will miss it, and the pull becomes stronger again.

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 10, 2019, 09:56:15 PM
Well Ray Smith I salute you and your endeavour to follow Fulham through thick and thin, and beyond, and yes it does take its toll, and inevitably it wears you down.
If it changes from a pleasure to a chore, then you find yourself questioning why you are putting yourself through this ordeal, and it's become an expensive ordeal also.
But then again you may feel you will miss it, and the pull becomes stronger again.

This is a question I've asked myself many times this season. Aren't I supposed to be following Fulham as it's enjoyable/improves my life? This season it certainly hasn't been but I don't think I can just stop following. Personally I'm making an effort to get more hobbies so my life isn't family/work/football. If I've got more things to enjoy and be interested in, hopefully the defeats won't hurt as much. That's the plan anyway.

davew

Hope will not win games.
You know that won't happen!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: JoelH5 on March 10, 2019, 10:03:31 PM

This is a question I've asked myself many times this season. Aren't I supposed to be following Fulham as it's enjoyable/improves my life? This season it certainly hasn't been but I don't think I can just stop following. Personally I'm making an effort to get more hobbies so my life isn't family/work/football. If I've got more things to enjoy and be interested in, hopefully the defeats won't hurt as much. That's the plan anyway.
I've taken up carp fishing again but sadly don't want to fish weekends, so I might have to put up with another season of watching us play, won't be so bad if we just compete and the players wear the FFC badge with pride! Another season like this 1, I might take up bowls at weekends!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on March 10, 2019, 10:36:56 PM

I've taken up carp fishing again but sadly don't want to fish weekends, so I might have to put up with another season of watching us play, won't be so bad if we just compete and the players wear the FFC badge with pride! Another season like this 1, I might take up bowls at weekends!!

Another season like this and I shall take up knitting.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

This is it, you live in hope, old habits die hard, not a single Fulham fan has seen a League away win this season, yet fans keep travelling, but financially there is a limit, as well as emotionally, only three more away matches left. Watford, Bournemouth & Boscombe, Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Never forget your Roots.

David I

Quote from: JoelH5 on March 09, 2019, 05:11:50 PM
The beautiful thing is, at the end of this season, we can wipe the slate clean and start afresh. This season has pushed me to the closest I've ever been to just stop following for the season. The beauty is, next season is a new start and we can forget this dross. I just hope Tony and Co. have learnt their lesson or things will get very interesting.
That's just not true....you CANT wipe the slate clean.. any stats are recorded in history and memory!!..
Some of the worst stats achieved in Fulham history.. based on.. stats!!

Woolly Mammoth

Stats is the boil under the armpit of Association Football.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Hope will not win games.

Spot on.
Tony Khan is the sticking block and being the owners son it won't change!