watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So the Riverside Stand is going ahead.

Started by fcfulham55, March 14, 2019, 06:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Wasn't sure or a fan of it at first.  But could possibly be a nice little stand in the end.  Especially if the rest of the ground is upgraded in a similar fashion, with Johnny Haynes exterior + Cottage Protected.

Still waiting till we see actual activity on the site.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

hovewhite

Quote from: Statto on March 14, 2019, 06:01:28 PM
Based on... ?
telapathy,intuition and if so can you predict season ticket prices?

filham

Quote from: fcfulham55 on March 14, 2019, 06:00:08 PM
Wasn't sure or a fan of it at first.  But could possibly be a nice little stand in the end.  Especially if the rest of the ground is upgraded in a similar fashion, with Johnny Haynes exterior + Cottage Protected.

[/quote
Quote from: fcfulham55 on March 14, 2019, 06:00:08 PM

That is right. If work was due to commence at the end of the season surely a contract would have been awarded by now and the name of the contractor would have been announced.

sunburywhite

Good season to do it as we will be relegated and attendances will be down
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

The Rational Fan

Quote from: sunburywhite on March 14, 2019, 06:42:04 PM

Unless Shadid Khan is losing confidence that we will ever be in premier league ever again.

Robbie

Prices will go up massively, support will drain away.

Bill2

Quote from: Robbie on March 14, 2019, 09:21:15 PM
Prices will go up massively, support will drain away.
I agree a massive increase will reduce the number of season ticket holders and playing teams in the Championship will not be so attractive to the casual football fan to turn up and pay on the day, unless we are on a roll and wiping the floor with everyone. Resulting in a drop in revenue.

So using my logic (very dangerous according to the wife) I don't envisage a huge increase at all.

ron

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 14, 2019, 09:06:25 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on March 14, 2019, 06:42:04 PM

Unless Shadid Khan is losing confidence that we will ever be in premier league ever again.

His son can provide confirmation of that doubt

JoelH5

My friend is a structural engineer for the company who have been instructed for the build. It's definitely going ahead..
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Buffalo76

Quote from: JoelH5 on March 15, 2019, 05:38:57 PM
My friend is a structural engineer for the company who have been instructed for the build. It's definitely going ahead..

:yay:

Fulham76

Well that's cleared it up, phew....

HillingdonFFC

When did he last tell you that? Got a horrible feeling things might've changed

Twig

Remind me, which company is that?  I can't recall who got the contract.

Riversider

Quote from: Twig on March 15, 2019, 07:38:48 PM

Remind me, which company is that?  I can't recall who got the contract.

The company is the "Buckingham Group" , that's the same company that is currently building the new Brentford stadium.

The Rock

Well next 2 years we won't get more than the necessary 18k at any given match.

I wish I could applaud the Khans for their strategic planning, but find I sort of hate them instead.

Neil D

A new Riverside stand will be nice but I would rather have seen the money spent on the Johnny Haynes stand.  Surely there must be a way of preserving the exterior while getting rid of those view-obstructing roof supports so that there are no restricted views.  It may be quaint and historic and all that but stuck behind one of those is still a crap place to watch a football match in 2019.

Holders

Quote from: Neil D on March 16, 2019, 09:13:01 AM
A new Riverside stand will be nice but I would rather have seen the money spent on the Johnny Haynes stand.  Surely there must be a way of preserving the exterior while getting rid of those view-obstructing roof supports so that there are no restricted views.  It may be quaint and historic and all that but stuck behind one of those is still a crap place to watch a football match in 2019.

The Mo-bowl retained the facade.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ron

Totally agree. They did something similar with the old stand at Ibrox...cantilevering a new roof over the seats while keeping the iconic red brick structure in the road view.
The space underneath the JH is now a mish mash and a poor use of space. The pitch view could still feature the familiar rear windows and the central roof gable.

Holders

That would be lovely but I think would arouse the highest levels of objection from residents. I doubt it would ever happen as, if we did the Hammersmith and Putney ends first, we'd have enough capacity - or that argument could be used against us.

Anyway, to the point - is the poster above saying that the contract has actually been formally awarded?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria