watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So the Riverside Stand is going ahead.

Started by fcfulham55, March 14, 2019, 06:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger53

The Buckingham Group website front page says they were awarded the Lead Contractor contract in Dec 2018.

toshes mate

Quote from: Neil D on March 16, 2019, 09:13:01 AM
A new Riverside stand will be nice but I would rather have seen the money spent on the Johnny Haynes stand.  Surely there must be a way of preserving the exterior while getting rid of those view-obstructing roof supports so that there are no restricted views.  It may be quaint and historic and all that but stuck behind one of those is still a crap place to watch a football match in 2019.
I believe developing the Johnny Haynes stand would offer greater potential for increasing capacity at the ground too whilst leaving the Stevenage Road facade intact. Not sure why this was not considered an option during the many consultation periods or perhaps it was and received too many thumbs down on a planning permission basis.

Logicalman

Quote from: Riversider on March 15, 2019, 08:19:02 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 15, 2019, 07:38:48 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on March 15, 2019, 05:38:57 PM
My friend is a structural engineer for the company who have been instructed for the build. It's definitely going ahead..

Remind me, which company is that?  I can't recall who got the contract.

The company is the "Buckingham Group" , that's the same company that is currently building the new Brentford stadium.

https://www.buckinghamgroup.co.uk/latest-news/buckingham-group-appointed-as-lead-contractor-for-fulham-football-clubs-riverside-stand/
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: toshes mate on March 16, 2019, 10:37:40 AM
A new Riverside stand will be nice but I would rather have seen the money spent on the Johnny Haynes stand.  Surely there must be a way of preserving the exterior while getting rid of those view-obstructing roof supports so that there are no restricted views.  It may be quaint and historic and all that but stuck behind one of those is still a crap place to watch a football match in 2019.
I believe developing the Johnny Haynes stand would offer greater potential for increasing capacity at the ground too whilst leaving the Stevenage Road facade intact. Not sure why this was not considered an option during the many consultation periods or perhaps it was and received too many thumbs down on a planning permission basis.

Far too many restrictions & space constraints there . Rangers old Leitch stand was twice the size of the JH stand & has no houses practically backing on to the stand like we have.
Think the only scope would to maybe add a small upper tier which would predominantly be boxes etc. Access too limited to get more people in there I reckon

JoelH5

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on March 15, 2019, 07:21:14 PM
My friend is a structural engineer for the company who have been instructed for the build. It's definitely going ahead..

When did he last tell you that? Got a horrible feeling things might've changed

Last Monday. I only see him on Monday evenings now for football. I ask him about it a lot.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: JoelH5 on March 16, 2019, 11:49:25 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on March 15, 2019, 07:21:14 PM

When did he last tell you that? Got a horrible feeling things might've changed

Last Monday. I only see him on Monday evenings now for football. I ask him about it a lot.

Cheers mate, lets hope he's right👍

Statto

Buckingham were appointed in December and the FST were told last month that "the Club is in the tender phase for sub-contracts having previously appointed a lead contractor.  The Club is aiming to place all of the main tendered packages by the end of April through the main contractor."

There doesnt appear to be any new information on this thread confirming the project is going ahead. Personally I don't think it will happen - if Khan was really still interested in Fulham, we'd have spent more in January, replaced Ranieri with someone better than Parker, and Khan would be making all sorts of grand public statements right now about how great the Riverside stand and our future will be. I reckon once we're mathematically down, it will be announced the project has been pushed back, then in the summer he'll sell us. But who knows.

JoelH5

Quote from: Statto on March 16, 2019, 12:08:33 PM
Buckingham were appointed in December and the FST were told last month that "the Club is in the tender phase for sub-contracts having previously appointed a lead contractor.  The Club is aiming to place all of the main tendered packages by the end of April through the main contractor."

There doesnt appear to be any new information on this thread confirming the project is going ahead. Personally I don't think it will happen - if Khan was really still interested in Fulham, we'd have spent more in January, replaced Ranieri with someone better than Parker, and Khan would be making all sorts of grand public statements right now about how great the Riverside stand and our future will be. I reckon once we're mathematically down, it will be announced the project has been pushed back, then in the summer he'll sell us. But who knows.

We tried to spend 12mill roughly on Sabaly but it fell through. Anymore than that and we'd be in even more trouble when/if we had still gone down

Woolly Mammoth

I feel the Riverside Stand has to go ahead come what may, whether we like it or not.
Although I am not even sure if I am going to like it when it's finished. But the ground needs an improvement, which brings me to the difficulty's surrounding the JH Stand which cannot be ideal with the support pillars in the way, restricting the view.
As well as the other restrictions with regard to increasing the capacity.
But if and when the Riverside is built, then they may decide to improve both Hammersmith and Putney ends. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

When the club write to the Riverside season ticket holders informing them of the need to relocate,  it's happening , until then it's not !
F.W.I.W , I think within the next 21 days the club will release a bull **** statement, designed to baffle with science, telling us about the complexities of the site and lead in times and contractual delays beyond our control, and because of all this the redevelopment will be delayed until the summer of 2020
This then gives Khan breathing space to see which direction the club is going in, are we riding the crest of a wave at Christmas with promotion a possibility or is our season already over with gates of only 15,000
This Riverside redevelopment was going full steam ahead right up until Craig Kline stuck his oar in and the deal to buy Wembley fell through, ever since then the club have dragged their heels on this, for whatever reason, we've got planning permission,  we've got a contractor and yet nothing has happened in over 3 months at a very time critical time, why ?
It's very unusual that in life a multi billionaire can't get what they want when they want when all the lights are green to go,
Hope I'm wrong (I really do) but I think it will be postponed in the next 3 weeks.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on March 16, 2019, 02:06:25 PM
When the club write to the Riverside season ticket holders informing them of the need to relocate,  it's happening , until then it's not !
F.W.I.W , I think within the next 21 days the club will release a bull **** statement, designed to baffle with science, telling us about the complexities of the site and lead in times and contractual delays beyond our control, and because of all this the redevelopment will be delayed until the summer of 2020
This then gives Khan breathing space to see which direction the club is going in, are we riding the crest of a wave at Christmas with promotion a possibility or is our season already over with gates of only 15,000
This Riverside redevelopment was going full steam ahead right up until CK stuck his oar in and the deal to buy Wembley fell through, ever since then the club have dragged their heels on this, for whatever reason, we've got planning permission,  we've got a contractor and yet nothing has happened in over 3 months at a very time critical time, why ?
It's very unusual that in life a multi billionaire can't get what they want when they want when all the lights are green to go,
Hope I'm wrong (I really do) but I think it will be postponed in the next 3 weeks.

I also hope you are wrong, however, I have always felt there is a hidden agenda from day one, which is connected to the Jaguars and the game they play where they wear helmets, and I also hope I am wrong.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

I find myself agreeing with a lot of this.  Firstly I do think a new Riverside stand is desirable but also agree that the JH stand is now woefully behind 21st C standards (restricted views, dangerously over crowded F & B facilities, narrow seats with limited legroom).
But most of all I, sadly, agree with those who predict the Riverside development will be delayed (if it ever happens at all).

cooperiser

Here's some background info that is not commonly referenced. I have no 'insider' source for any of this, apart from e-mailing Sian Brown at LBHF Planning about 4 months ago.

When the original plans were passed by the council last March, they were sent to the GLA for sign off, mainly due to the nature of the development (size, location etc.). They were approved by the GLA but for the same reasons were then sent to the Secretary of State for Planning. They sat there for a few months before finally being approved in the late Autumn last year. I have no details on the delay, only the feeling that they were unpicked in case someone called for a Judicial Review which nearly happened with the previous scheme.

Since 14th February, FFC have submitted 12 applications to LBHF to mitigate some of the planning conditions. Some of these are still pending.  Amongst all of this is a 188 page document detailing construction details which suggests that the Contractors will be on site in April, presumably to get site offices etc. established. Of course until we actually see shovels in the ground there will be speculation as to it actually happening at all.

If you go to this page; 

http://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/   

and type in Fulham Football Club you will be able to view all of the documents related to the application. There are a lot of them!

Logicalman

Quote from: cooperiser on March 17, 2019, 10:54:09 AM
Here's some background info that is not commonly referenced. I have no 'insider' source for any of this, apart from e-mailing Sian Brown at LBHF Planning about 4 months ago.

When the original plans were passed by the council last March, they were sent to the GLA for sign off, mainly due to the nature of the development (size, location etc.). They were approved by the GLA but for the same reasons were then sent to the Secretary of State for Planning. They sat there for a few months before finally being approved in the late Autumn last year. I have no details on the delay, only the feeling that they were unpicked in case someone called for a Judicial Review which nearly happened with the previous scheme.

Since 14th February, FFC have submitted 12 applications to LBHF to mitigate some of the planning conditions. Some of these are still pending.  Amongst all of this is a 188 page document detailing construction details which suggests that the Contractors will be on site in April, presumably to get site offices etc. established. Of course until we actually see shovels in the ground there will be speculation as to it actually happening at all.

If you go to this page; 

http://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/   

and type in Fulham Football Club you will be able to view all of the documents related to the application. There are a lot of them!

Thank you, an unbiased and clear-fact review of what appears to be the current situation.

We can each surmise what we feel is the situation based on our beliefs and expectations of the individuals involved, and paperwork only provides a part of what is happening, but it still provides a reasonable grounding for what is happening.

Unfortunately when the club, for whatever reason, fails to communicate with the fan base then all kinds of rumours and innuendo will arise, and rightly so, so come on Fulham, give us the real SP about the situation.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

flyingfish

The fact that they are spending time and considerable sums of money discharging (very complex) conditions suggests that they are serious.

As does the appointment of Buckingham Group.

JoelH5

Quote from: Fulham76 on March 15, 2019, 07:11:26 PM

Well that's cleared it up, phew....

Fulham76, ye of little faith. Tried to mock me!! Don't worry, I accept your apology ;)

hovewhite

Wouldn't  take a seat in Putney end no way!

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 16, 2019, 01:44:37 PM
I feel the Riverside Stand has to go ahead come what may, whether we like it or not.
Although I am not even sure if I am going to like it when it's finished. But the ground needs an improvement, which brings me to the difficulty's surrounding the JH Stand which cannot be ideal with the support pillars in the way, restricting the view.
As well as the other restrictions with regard to increasing the capacity.
But if and when the Riverside is built, then they may decide to improve both Hammersmith and Putney ends. 

My wife and I moved to teh JH stand this season after years in the Hammy End.  I have found it horrible; support pillars obstruct the view, F & B options limited and queues horrendous and there is an ever present sense that it would be very hard to evacuate quickly in an emergency.  We are reverting to the Hammy End next year.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: toshes mate on March 16, 2019, 10:37:40 AM

The stand is listed. Here's a snippet of the description;
MATERIALS: Red brick façade with stone dressings; steel trussed roof (not visible from street)covered in corrugated iron.
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANCE: Of special interest as a well-preserved early surviving example of a football grandstand by Archibald Leitch (1866-1939), the foremost football stadium designer of the early C20. The façade is unusual in that it was a conscious attempt to give ornate treatment to a building type which was usually austere and functional.

Description specifically mentions the roof style and structure, but then not in the importance. Basically, i think planning would never allow anything that would materially change the style of the roof.

west kowloon white

Never before has so much egg been seen on so many faces. Smug.