watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team v Liverpool

Started by Friendsoffulham, March 15, 2019, 12:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

We're probably going to lose, badly. What ever we play.

Woolly Mammoth

I feel we are due a good performance and an encouraging result in an unexpected way. Because I would imagine that the pressure is off, because nobody, whether it's the media or the pundits or neutral fans expect Fulham to get anything out of most of the matches that are left.
However, at the very least Scott Parker wants to show that he has the ability and the desire to manage the team to pick up points, it may not be enough, but he and most of the players will want to finish in a flourish and at least restore the belief and pride that they will go down fighting.
No player should want to continue to be shown to be second best every week and be humiliated, especially when there are millions watching on TV.
As I say the pressure should be off, it's how the players apply themselves, and how the coach sets them up.
Of course it looks daunting when you imagine them going toe to toe with Liverpool for instance.
But it's all on the day.
After losing 6 in a row, and only collecting 3 points in the last possible 30, it's time for a change of fortune, surely confidence can't be that low, and surely the team and the players cannot be so bad that we cannot win another match in our remaining 8 matches.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Riversider on March 15, 2019, 11:33:39 AM
Playing Chambers and McDonald hasn't made the blindest bit of difference, so one of them has to make way,
So then, do we drop the player that is returning to Arsenal in 9 games time or the player that is going to be battling for us next season ?
Only an idiot would suggest we continue with Chambers , truly, what would be the point ?
Planning for 2019/2020 must start now, nothing to gain in delaying it.

Fulham needs to bounce back to the Premier League, and it needs to be 75% of Fulham's focus and the other 25% should be getting good prices for players leaving, results don't matter. No use winning with players other teams own and will take back, only to leave a huge vaccum next year like Fredricks and Targett did. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/17/teams-now-bounce-back-premier-league-first-season-not/

The first 8 games next season are some of the most important in our history. I am convinced if we are topping the table after 8 games, we will be ok til Christmas, winter transfers will add subsititute depth and we will get an automatic promotion. If we are in the lower half of the table our premier league players will be trying to get out in the winter transfer window and the PL dream is probably over for a while.

Riversider

Quote from: Riversider on March 15, 2019, 03:55:16 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 15, 2019, 01:50:34 PM
Quote from: HamsterWheel on March 15, 2019, 01:26:58 PM
Why on earth would you play Chambers AND McDonald against Liverpool? Their game is all about bombing down the sides ad crossing the ball in. Having 2 immobile lumps in midfield won't stop their wingbacks.
Despite the name calling, Chambers is hardly what you call an immobile lump.  And while L'pool's game, IMO, is a little more sophisticated than "bombing down the sides" that's partly why I'd put Christie and Sess as the wide men in front of the fullbacks.

Christie and Sessegnon haven't got a tackle in them, I bet both will struggle to tackle their dinner tonight, I don't see how either of them would stop Liverpool pushing forward ,
I wouldn't have either of them in my side on Sunday, some hate to face the facts, and the facts are , that sadly Sessegnon hasn't been anywhere near good enough to be playing Premier League football this season.

I'm no Parker fan, but I'm delighted that changes have been made (even though it's rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic)
Dropping Sessegnon and breaking up the failed Chambers / McDonald combo is also the right thing to do so I take my hat off to Parker for at least trying.