watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team v Liverpool

Started by Friendsoffulham, March 15, 2019, 12:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Playing for this game alone, not for next season, I'd go 4 4 2 in a (probably vain) attempt to frustrate them.  I'd give Nordveit and Ream pre-match bollockings and hope that Christie and Sess can get up and down the wings as well as bolstering the defensive shape.   Floyd starting up front might spark something (This game is not one for TC or Seri to start IMO)   Cue FFC 0 L'pool 5!

Rico

Odoi
Ream
Nordveit
Bryan

Christie
McDonald
Chambers
Sess

Mitro
Ayite
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

HamsterWheel

Why on earth would you play Chambers AND McDonald against Liverpool? Their game is all about bombing down the sides ad crossing the ball in. Having 2 immobile lumps in midfield won't stop their wingbacks.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: HamsterWheel on March 15, 2019, 01:26:58 PM
Why on earth would you play Chambers AND McDonald against Liverpool? Their game is all about bombing down the sides ad crossing the ball in. Having 2 immobile lumps in midfield won't stop their wingbacks.
Despite the name calling, Chambers is hardly what you call an immobile lump.  And while L'pool's game, IMO, is a little more sophisticated than "bombing down the sides" that's partly why I'd put Christie and Sess as the wide men in front of the fullbacks.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ffcne

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 15, 2019, 01:50:34 PM
Despite the name calling, Chambers is hardly what you call an immobile lump.  And while L'pool's game, IMO, is a little more sophisticated than "bombing down the sides" that's partly why I'd put Christie and Sess as the wide men in front of the fullbacks.

Totally agree. I also would definitely play Christie .

bog

I would never leave Chambers out.

092.gif

Riversider

Christie and Sessegnon haven't got a tackle in them, I bet both will struggle to tackle their dinner tonight, I don't see how either of them would stop Liverpool pushing forward ,
I wouldn't have either of them in my side on Sunday, some hate to face the facts, and the facts are , that sadly Sessegnon hasn't been anywhere near good enough to be playing Premier League football this season.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Riversider on March 15, 2019, 03:55:16 PM

Christie and Sessegnon haven't got a tackle in them, I bet both will struggle to tackle their dinner tonight, I don't see how either of them would stop Liverpool pushing forward ,
I wouldn't have either of them in my side on Sunday, some hate to face the facts, and the facts are , that sadly Sessegnon hasn't been anywhere near good enough to be playing Premier League football this season.

Regardless of your "facts", I think he have had several good games, most recently second half against Chelsea. Sadly he has generally not been very good second half of the season in my opinion, and seem to be severely lacking in confidence at the moment. He may not be good enough to shine in a really crappy team in the PL, but I have no doubt whatsoever that he is good enough to play PL football. But that is my opinion.

filham

Quote from: Riversider on March 15, 2019, 11:33:39 AM
Playing Chambers and McDonald hasn't made the blindest bit of difference, so one of them has to make way,
So then, do we drop the player that is returning to Arsenal in 9 games time or the player that is going to be battling for us next season ?
Only an idiot would suggest we continue with Chambers , truly, what would be the point ?
Planning for 2019/2020 must start now, nothing to gain in delaying it.
But who knows what will happen in the summer, possible that Seri will leave and we sign Chambers, not only possible but would make good sense.

filham

I noticed in the Telegraph this morning that Sess sits alongside Sterling in a list of the eleven fastest players in the premier league but I think he needs to show us more of his pace, he was poor last week. I would start with Sess on Sunday but be prepared to change him at half time with Ayite.

Rico
                                 Odoi             Ream           Nordtviet            Bryan

McDonald  Chambers

Babel            Cairney             Sess.

Mirovic

ALG01

Quote from: Milo on March 15, 2019, 09:15:36 AM
Quote from: Moltobueno on March 15, 2019, 07:25:13 AM
Seri needs to start.

Agree!

We will lose regardless and we have to remember this game is a training match for next season.

Seri for Chambers. Keep MacDonald as he will be here next year.

Anguissa on for MacDonald around 60 mins.
#
I think going into any venture with the attitude we will lose regardless is something I cannot cope with. It is not likely we will win but at least go into each match with a plan to try and win. These games are absolutely not training excersises for next season because there is no doubt the squad will look very different next season.

Robbie

Brick up the goal !   

If we try and play football then 5-0 to LFC.
If we actually play strategically, play 4-4-2, defend for our lives and Hoof ! the ball up to our top two... we might just get something.
I fear we will play like the Barcelona D Team .... lose the ball, and get spanked

FulhamStu

Playing Chambers and McDonald hasn't made the blindest bit of difference, so one of them has to make way,
So then, do we drop the player that is returning to Arsenal in 9 games time or the player that is going to be battling for us next season ?
Only an idiot would suggest we continue with Chambers , truly, what would be the point ?

Totally agree with this, I would play Frank and Seri.

I would rest Sess but would consider playing Chambers at the back, maybe in a 5.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on March 15, 2019, 04:27:21 PM
But who knows what will happen in the summer, possible that Seri will leave and we sign Chambers, not only possible but would make good sense.

However plays for this game gets every scouts attention and lifts the players price.

If you want to sell Seri, then get him on the field in front of TV audience to get high price.

If you want to buy Chambers, then hide him away so no one sees him to get a low price.

davew

Quote from: Riversider on March 15, 2019, 03:55:16 PM

+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ffcne

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 15, 2019, 05:27:24 PM

However plays for this game gets every scouts attention and lifts the players price.

If you want to sell Seri, then get him on the field in front of TV audience to get high price.

If you want to buy Chambers, then hide him away so no one sees him to get a low price.

Seri 's price will go down if he plays in front of a TV audience.
He aint good.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: ffcne on March 15, 2019, 10:11:07 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on March 15, 2019, 10:08:20 AM
You've always got to try to win, and play your best team.
People are paying to watch, and cheer the team on.

Totally agree .
Lets try and beat the team that just beat Bayern Munich.
And also derail their title hopes.

Fulham lost to a league 1 side that had a new manager.   Anything can happen. 

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on March 15, 2019, 04:40:15 PM
I noticed in the Telegraph this morning that Sess sits alongside Sterling in a list of the eleven fastest players in the premier league but I think he needs to show us more of his pace, he was poor last week. I would start with Sess on Sunday but be prepared to change him at half time with Ayite.

Rico

McDonald  Chambers

Mirovic

Agree with your lineup...but in two full seasons of watching Fulham I've never seen Ryan exhibit Sterling level pace.

That's Ryan Fredericks level pace and he is waaaay faster than Sess.      Sess runs with a gait that is nice to watch...but he's not a burner.   He was slower than Kamara...is slower than Fredericks was...and is slower than Fosu-Mensah.

Heck...33 year old Babel may be faster than Sess.

AnOldBrownie

But Seri and Chambers have both had a ton of minutes this season.   Chambers missed both Arsenal games and wasn't good until he moved to holding/box to box mid.

Seri has logged more minutes than everyone other than Mitro.

There is plenty of film on both players imo.   Enough that even if Seri had another Brighton I'd weigh his full season of work over his two really good games.   Seriously...anyone really think Seri is going to perfom well against Henderson, Fabinho and Milner?   

I honestly don't care whose in the midfield as long as TC is there.   Unless it's an U23 player.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ffcne on March 15, 2019, 05:34:58 PM

Seri 's price will go down if he plays in front of a TV audience.
He aint good.

No scout is going to buy him without watching TV, the more that watch him the better chance a scout will like him forcing the price up.

filham

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on March 15, 2019, 06:06:14 PM
Quote from: filham on March 15, 2019, 04:40:15 PM

Rico

McDonald  Chambers

Mirovic

Agree with your lineup...but in two full seasons of watching Fulham I've never seen Ryan exhibit Sterling level pace.

That's Ryan Fredericks level pace and he is waaaay faster than Sess.      Sess runs with a gait that is nice to watch...but he's not a burner.   He was slower than Kamara...is slower than Fredericks was...and is slower than Fosu-Mensah.

Heck...33 year old Babel may be faster than Sess.
I totally agree with you , Sess has never looked like a real flyer to me but the stats given in the Telegraph show Sterling at21.68mph and Sess. at 21.69mph

As a modern Fulham fans we have to have a religious belief in all thing statistical.