watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Alternative

Started by Peabody, March 24, 2019, 09:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Don't get me wrong, I am Fulham till I die but I paid a visit to watch Carshalton Athletic yesterday, they played Brightlingsea Rovers and whilst, skill wise, it wasn't up to Premiership or Championship standard, I didn't think it was far behind. The important thing for me was, two competitive teams, who gave it everything, there where no prima donnas, they, by and large, accepted he refs decisions and by golly, there where some meaty challenges.

Off the pitch, it cost £6 to get in, not a bad little stadium, with reasonably priced food and drink.

The result Carshalton 3 Brightlingsea 0, which, to be fair, flattered the home side.

So, if I am priced out at Fulham, I at least have somewhere else to watch my football

Mince n Tatties

I often pop up(midweek matches mainly)as I'm at the Cottage on a Saturday,to the Town Ground to watch my local lot Newmarket Town nicknamed the Jockeys of  course.
You can stand in the bar there if it cold and watch the game with a pint in hand.
Where Fulham fan Gary Johnson started his managerial career before moving on to bigger things.

ALG01

I sometimes go to Sutton.
I am imprressed by the same things. No prima donnas, they get on with it, the challenges are tough but nobody rolls on the floor for ages as if they have been hit by a crossbow.
The players can hear the shouts from the crowd.

The standard is less good buy quite a way and the decision making of the players sometimes astonishingly poor but the quality of competion and sport top class. I hate what has happened to football at the top allowing continental style cheating to become the norm. When Rivaldo was not immediately sent home from the world cup all theose years ago it was an open sesame to anybody that wanted to cheat.
I would use video replays to ban anyone that dived fior up to 10 games, puts the ball in with their hand and not istanty confess, 10 games, fine and banthe managers that do not call out the cheats in their team and stop them, 10 games. That would stop it...lewandoski I would immediately ban for 20 games just because he is a cheating so and so.
i want the game to be tough and competitive but if the lower leagues can have immense challenges that players are able to get up from, I am sure top world payers can cope with a robust challenge, best and his generation coped.

filham

Interesting to know what the players earn in these minor leagues and th compare their wages with our players at Fulham.

the nutflush

Would they be looking for a 5 foot 5 midfielder for next season?

Penfold

I occasionally take in non league football over this way, normally Harrow Borough. Sadly, very poorly supported (apparently 132 spectators yesterday) but this season have been very entertaining having scored and conceded plenty of goals.

£10 to get in (about standard for Southern League premier division), £2 a programme and food and drink is ok. At half time you can, if you so wish, make use of the social club where you can get a pint in a proper glass for about £3 to £3.50.

For anyone at a loose end on Tuesday 16 April, HBFC face Brentford B at Griffin Park in the Middlesex Senior Cup Final. Effectively a home game for Brentford so any additional support for Harrow would be appreciated by them!

Ps the lengths Bees will go to to get a trophy - they are also in the London Senior Cup Final.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: filham on March 24, 2019, 11:56:54 AM
Interesting to know what the players earn in these minor leagues and th compare their wages with our players at Fulham.

Well as they all have day jobs,at the last count I think Newmarket(Eastern Counties league) were something like £ 45 to £55 a game....Mind boggling the difference.