https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

LFC fans in Riverside Ejected

Started by Neil D, March 17, 2019, 06:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: Neil D on March 17, 2019, 09:11:57 PM
Quote from: Westlondonffc on March 17, 2019, 07:45:42 PM
So getting away fans out of the home end is overreacting? Christ some of our fans are absolute drips
You would have had to see the shocked expression on the face of the girl being shouted at.  I didn't feel sorry for the adult but the kids seemed distressed.  The boy was probably 12 or 13.

Hopefully their father will explain what a prat he is for putting them in that situation. He was supposed to be the adult, would he have done that at Millwall?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

OtherHodgson

Throw them out, unceremoniously. Sorry but I paid a couple grand for my son and I to fly here and almost a grand more to sit in the "Super Box" only to have four of them celebrating the goals in front of us. How did they get in hospitality? Told them to shut the f up.  Don't need them spoiling the one time a year I can get over here to see the team I love. Sod off...

hovewhite

I'm glad someone spoke up,what next 2 nuetral fans area,ridiculas.away fans not welcome in home end!!

_Putney_

Watch our goal. The first two or three rows of the Hammersmith end is full of Liverpool fans who don't celebrate our goal. No wonder it sold out ages ago

Tomo

The one and only Abdul (biggest t*sser on Twitter) was giving tickets to away fans in the home end.

Club should bar him from going to games as he's openly admitted it.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

SuffolkWhite

I had a Liverpool fan with me today in the Hammy but he knew how to react to their goals. I have been in the home ends before as an away fan and if Fulham scored celebrated very quietly. If you are brazen with your celebration then you are a fool to think something wont kick off even at little old Fulham. What's worse the Dad has not educated his kids well for those situations on how to behave.

I agree if it could be like Rugby then no problem with me but in all honesty can you see us sat with Brentford or the HaHaHa's fans and not have some problems?! I don't think so.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Dodgin

There were the day's of no stand at the Putney end and Riversida and you could move from one end to the other. Those times have gone but this seems a little bit of over reaction to me

RaySmith

They shouldn't have been able to get tickets for a start-must have been either a through tout or a Fulham fan.

It's bad enough in the so called Neutral section, where you're usually sitting amongst away fans.

Stewards at most other grounds are so draconian to away fans in my experience, I can't imagine anyone getting away with obviously following Fulham by celebrating our goals.Stewards would probably have to intervene to save you from home fans if it was at Anfield.

Carborundum

I tend to be a live and let live type of person, but at the same time part of the enjoyment of being at the football is the sense that as a crowd things are just a little bit feral.  Can't help it.

My reason for posting is to comment on the appearance of half and half scarf vendors outside the Cottage against the media-darling teams.  Was commenting to Carborundum junior about who on earth buys that tat.  Poorly made and single-use presumably.  Then we walked past four blokes wearing them and heading for the JH turnstiles.  Pretty sure they were Liverpool fans equipping themselves with a cover story.  Of sorts. 

Back to the thread topic.  Indulging in one's kids football interest by shelling out to sit in the wrong section seems like irresponsible parenting.  Makes me appreciate my own dad, who loathes football, but would on occasion take me.  Then stood reading the paper for the entire game.  True to himself and a top man.

gang

There's not much worse at a football match when an away fan celebrates in the home part.
Segregation was imposed after the Liverpool tradgedy so why did he feel the need to make himself obvious?
Why do some people think that they are above the law?

Chesh

So getting away fans out of the home end is overreacting? Christ some of our fans are absolute drips
You would have had to see the shocked expression on the face of the girl being shouted at.  I didn't feel sorry for the adult but the kids seemed distressed.  The boy was probably 12 or 13. 
Makes me sick that non-threatening away fans are hounded out like this.

So they got tickets and mildly celebrated when they scored - so f****** what?

Hope those celebrating this are proud of themselves for being so hard on those two kids.

Away fans being lairy is one thing, and at any other club than Fulham they would get ejected by the fans themselves (or would soon want to be). However, this sounds like a bloke and his two kids causing people to get so enraged?

What is so wrong with our society that this old fella should have been so intolerant?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Statto

Quote from: Chesh on March 18, 2019, 10:18:36 AM

Hope those celebrating this are proud of themselves for being so hard on those two kids.

Away fans being lairy is one thing, and at any other club than Fulham they would get ejected by the fans themselves (or would soon want to be). However, this sounds like a bloke and his two kids causing people to get so enraged?

What is so wrong with our society that this old fella should have been so intolerant?

Out of interest how would you feel if Fulham, given we're the country's softest club and already have a neutral stand, decided to blaze a trail by removing all segregation of fans and just letting everyone buy tickets wherever they want?

Chesh

Quote from: Statto on March 18, 2019, 10:42:39 AM

Out of interest how would you feel if Fulham, given we're the country's softest club and already have a neutral stand, decided to blaze a trail by removing all segregation of fans and just letting everyone buy tickets wherever they want?
No, I'd just like a sense of perspective.

I've been all over the country watching Fulham since the early 80s, and have also been to a lot of high profile games involving Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and West Ham during that time, when it was totally different.

In those days, you made yourself known as an away fan (even at Fulham) and you got a slap, so people knew the score.

Even nowadays, anyone in the wrong end taking the p*** deserves to get dealt with, either by the stewards or fans...BUT in this case the club cocked up with the ticket sales, and Liverpool fans managed to get tickets, either by membership, touts or Fulham fans they knew.

If some idiot leaves a gate open, and the horse has bolted, is it really that fair to shoot the horse, or is that just an easy target.

As I say, where I draw the line is where people with kids get spotted and hounded out for doing nothing other than showing a bit of delight when their team have scored.

Personally, although I've been in many home ends myself when I haven't been able to get a Fulham away ticket, I wouldn't do it with my kids, but then I'm not as naive as this Liverpool fan, and wouldn't want to waste my money or spoil my kids day out that they've probably looked forward to for weeks.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on March 18, 2019, 10:42:39 AM

I think people are being disrespectful to the man in his 70s saying he is overeacting, given when he was young having an away fan in the home end was a very dangerous prospect indeed. People need to respect the rules at football games, if someone is in the home end, they are allowed a little smile everytime Liverpool scores but no more otherwise they shouldn't be there.

WhiteJC

Quote from: 70sPimlico on March 17, 2019, 07:13:11 PM
An elderly angry fulham fan.

Is there a place that a few of them go to chat?

Oh, hang on

064.gif

RaySmith

The rules have to be enforced when found to be blatantly broken, otherwise teams like Liverpool and Man U would just take over the Cottage.

I was in  a home end at West ham when we  won there in in Div. 2, about 1980, and celebrated  a Fulham goal - we won the game, and was told by the police that I had to leave or I would be taken into protective custody - and I probably would have got a hiding from WH fans  if i'd stayed.

I doubt it's much different at West Ham now.

It's true  opposing fans do think we're a soft touch, and laugh at us having a Neutral Zone - I've witnessed this talking to away fans in the pub before the game.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: RaySmith on March 18, 2019, 11:28:35 AM
The rules have to be enforced when found to be blatantly broken, otherwise teams like Liverpool and Man U would just take over the Cottage.

I was in  a home end at West ham when we  won there in in Div. 2, about 1980, and celebrated  a Fulham goal - we won the game, and was told by the police that I had to leave or I would be taken into protective custody - and I probably would have got a hiding from WH fans  if i'd stayed.

It's true  opposing fans do think we're a soft touch, and laugh at us having a Neutral Zone - I've witnessed this talking to away fans in the pub before the game.

Should FFC even sell individual tickets to the home end or should their be a minimium buy of three games in the home end?

Alternatively, some kind of membership fee for the season that allows you buy tickets at redcued price, so very few people see one game a year.

Chesh

Quote from: RaySmith on March 18, 2019, 11:28:35 AM

I agree Ray, but can't there be a bit of common sense when it comes to who should get turfed out and how?

There will always be people in the wrong end, but it shouldn't be the crime that it's deemed to be imo, unless they are making things unreasonable uncomfortable for those around them.

I'll be honest, if there was a dad and his kids celebrating a goal near me yesterday, I wouldn't have made it my duty to ensure they were thrown out, unless they were also rubbing our noses in it.

I don't think this zero tolerance approach is necessary, as it is a sad reflection on our ability to live and let live - it's only football FFS.

Take Me Home MAF

There were a handful in JH block D who were kicked out, one for celebrating the first goal.

I can understand why a fan would not be able to contain themselves if this was a last game of the season, a last minute winner etc. - but a nothing goal which was expected in the fixture I never can understand the need to celebrate it.

In response to posted asking why people ask stewards to kick out fans. Two seasons back we played Villa, when they went 1 up a Villa fan cheered and was rightly berated by Fulham fans for his actions - stewards did nothing - when we went level and then 2-1 a fight broke out as all the celebrations were aimed towards the bloke. The idiot Villa fan was actually with his wife and daughter and put them at risk, he walked out after the 2nd goal.

This is football, its not rugby, emotions are higher - away fans being kicked out is for everyone's safety.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on March 18, 2019, 12:01:55 PM
This is football, its not rugby, emotions are higher - away fans being kicked out is for everyone's safety.

Well, I would point out that only 34 years ago, that fourteen Liverpool fans were each sentenced to three years' imprisoment for their actions towards opposition fans and everyone said officals should have done more to keep fans of opposite teams seperated.

So, maybe these rules arent necessary anymore, but calling a man in his 70s that who went though that era, as overeacting is disrespectful, because he doesn't want see that again. And, maybe it makes sense to be careful for another decade until we live in Football Fan Utopia.