News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who we'll be able to keep vs not next year..

Started by General, March 18, 2019, 02:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 19, 2019, 08:49:38 PM
Facts Not Fiction, I am curious about your comment refarding Cairney. Why is he particularly being singled out as having to be committed to the cause? Does this not apply to other players?
Generally I think his assessments are ok, perhaps he has singled out TC because this season he has been exposed as not being good enough for the PL when we all had great expectations for him, sorry for Tom and of course us!! Even if he stays with us to fight the Championship next season he is now a marked man, one dimensional and one footed, creational yes of course, but now predictable, sadly yes of course!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Rational Fan

It's simple sell Mitro, Seri or Cairney and we won't get automatic promotion next year 19/20 no matter who you buy. The year after that 20/21 promotion will be hard to motive players as everyone will be sold off at the end of the year some to premier league teams. After parachute payments end on June 2021, we'll need to sell anything we can and pay wages for anyone we cannot sell (like injured players).

In summary, FFC best chance of getting in the premier league is being top of the table after 10 games next season. We sell Mitro that won't happen and getting promoted to EPL may never happen. FFC shouldnt sell anyone, we have money next season for these players but a rebuild is absolutely impossible. We need 3 goalkeepers abs squad of 25 players, plus practice games start now. If Mitro gets injured next game we pay for four years, the least he can do is earn us another promotion.

I like the West Brom attitude when they bounced back to the premiership three times, if you don't want play now we are relegated then fine you can retire. The record of teams rebuilding their squad is terrible, keeping the squad has been proven to work and never is that more true than with our current recruitment team. Let players sulk until they realise their staying, if Mitro thinks he should starting XI for a top Champions League side then keep us up this year.

Players on five year contracts shouldn't be thinking they will play for another team if they improve and get Fulham paying their wages if they get injured. That attitude is equal to robbing FFC.

Facts Not Fiction

Facts Not Fiction, I am curious about your comment refarding Cairney. Why is he particularly being singled out as having to be committed to the cause? Does this not apply to other players?

Through out the last 3 years, he hasn't actually improved. His best season IMO was 16/17, he wasn't as effective in 17/18 but was still top class, but his has struggled hugely during this season. His limitations have been exacerbated, and he may feel that a move to a more stable PL club will be best for his own career.

Milo

I see Declan Rice has a FFC trial before he signed for West Ham. Our training pitch was closer to where he lived. Did we offer him a contract?

Sting of the North

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on March 20, 2019, 07:50:07 AM

Through out the last 3 years, he hasn't actually improved. His best season IMO was 16/17, he wasn't as effective in 17/18 but was still top class, but his has struggled hugely during this season. His limitations have been exacerbated, and he may feel that a move to a more stable PL club will be best for his own career.

He may of course feel that way, just as many other players may feel the same, hence why I asked about the "having to be committed" comment aimed particularly at Cairney. Not having a dig at you, but as I wrote just curious why he was so clearly singled out.

Now, on the other points you brought up I agree that his overall best season was 16/17, and that he was top class last season as well. I don't agree that he has struggled hugely this season, at least not within the context of the struggles of the team as a whole. I think that Cairney in several games (notably when being used in a fitting role)has shown that he is very clearly of PL class, regardless of his limitations. But that is of course an entirely subjective opinion on my part. 

Holders

TK has sad that he seeks to keep the side together except the loanees.  Time will tell.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

toshes mate

One of the many reasons why FFC need to change recruitment policy is the effect it will have on player morale if we are relegated this season, especially since we have been so shocking at covering the very basic requirements any manager/head coach would require from those tasked with player personnel matters.   Mitro's loan last winter (and therefore his subsequent signing) was a last gasp element of fortune which does nothing to raise confidence in the backroom 'team'.

Whoever becomes permanent manager or head coach has to have considerable influence over recruitment decisions and may also be critical in influencing players into signing for us when, in the past, they may have passed us by.

Khan Snr said 'whatever it takes' to deliver promotion, but he failed to mention what he would do when it was achieved and has, thus far, on that score let us down.  Here you need to disregard the amount of money involved and just figure out the value of the spend.   Khan is, after all, ultimately responsible for every decision that has caused this season to go from disaster to disaster including all the self harming (AK sent to Turkey, etc).   He needs to start backing his head coach or manager to the hilt regardless of whether they fit his paradigm of personality or not, regardless of whether they are demanding or not, by simply agreeing a plan with them and making sure that plan is enacted.  Then the 'shall I go?' or 'shall I stay?' may actually name themselves and we will be able to keep those prepared to fight for FFC.

The Club has deep issues which need fixing and most of us, by now, know what they are.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Holders on March 20, 2019, 09:33:15 AM
TK has sad that he seeks to keep the side together except the loanees.  Time will tell.

Great News, where has he said this?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: toshes mate on March 20, 2019, 11:47:22 AM

Khan Snr said needs to start backing his head coach or manager to the hilt regardless of whether they fit his paradigm of personality or not, regardless of whether they are demanding or not, by simply agreeing a plan with them and making sure that plan is enacted.

If the Manager was allowed to manage the club with 0% inteferance from the co-owners (SK & TK), but with no more equity is invested from the Khan's to the FFC. Do you think we can successfully get promoted and stay up?

Holders

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 20, 2019, 12:33:12 PM
Quote from: Holders on March 20, 2019, 09:33:15 AM

Great News, where has he said this?

It's in the FST minutes.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 20, 2019, 12:42:13 PM

Khan Snr said needs to start backing his head coach or manager to the hilt regardless of whether they fit his paradigm of personality or not, regardless of whether they are demanding or not, by simply agreeing a plan with them and making sure that plan is enacted.

If the Manager was allowed to manage the club with 0% inteferance from the co-owners (SK & TK), but with no more equity is invested from the Khan's to the FFC. Do you think we can successfully get promoted and stay up?
My point was the agreed plan between Khan Snr and the manager/head coach which would be financed accordingly either from existing funds or by wheeling and dealing.  However, if the Khans choose to run down the Club than there isn't much anyone can do about it, apart from fighting to get them out perhaps.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: toshes mate on March 20, 2019, 01:20:44 PM

My point was the agreed plan between Khan Snr and the manager/head coach which would be financed accordingly either from existing funds or by wheeling and dealing.  However, if the Khans choose to run down the Club than there isn't much anyone can do about it, apart from fighting to get them out perhaps.

Given that Wolves and Aston Villa were sold for £50m outside the Premier League, it hard to imagine anyone would be willing to pay more for us as a Championship Team. I don't think the Khans would be interested in selling FFC for £50m, becuase thats kind of spare chance for them. So, its really just a case of what they invest and how much they like winning at Football. So trying to get rid of them is a little futile, because no one with big money really wants the club.

Statto

I don't want to repeat the extensive arguments we've already had about this but just to repeat, for the record, I still don't see why these two things are mutually exclusive. There are plenty of wealthy people putting money into football clubs they own. And most don't make that conditional on their son being in charge of transfers, or some similarly mad condition. And for the minority that do, it always ends in tears anyway.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on March 19, 2019, 08:48:45 PM
Back to an old subject, please don't mention bringing back Fonte again, I would rather take up watching another team, well maybe not!

I would rather nail my tongue to the Quarter Deck of a sinking ship in shark infested waters than have a player with all the shortcomings of Fonte wearing a Fulham Shirt again, mind you, he is not the only one, but one of the least impact players.
We will always have this problem whilst we continue with the recruitment policy we have, and the hapless incompetent individuals who are responsible with such unacceptable failure.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rock on March 19, 2019, 03:12:01 PM
Rational fan, your posts seem loaded sometimes, but Tony has set the bar pretty low for himself. I bet he could throw darts at a dart board and sign better players.

I agree with Stato - you need to start somewhere, and keeping the existing Top 11 and bringing in improvements would be the logical way to go. Surely every player has a relegation clause. But then again with the Khan's you never know.

One might argue we should have done this last year as well, but we aren't the ones making the choices.

After a full undercover investigation, its has been identified that Rational Fan is clearly TK dressed as a bogus supporter.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

St. Andrews White

In the FST meeting TK suggested the squad would be kept together apart from returning loan players.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.