watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Bolton Wanderers

Started by bog, March 20, 2019, 08:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

The Trotters face a winding up order in court today over an unpaid tax bill. As a takeover collapsed yesterday what agonies their supporters are going through.  Perhaps relegation aint that bad to suffer.   Good luck to the club.

092.gif

filham

Yes, it is sad.
They moved to a new ground some years ago, I wonder how much that contributed to their downfall.

bog

snarks

Feel sorry for any club going through this, and sometimes why I get very annoyed with the anti Khan posts. Their owner has not covered himself in glory (understatement) and god forbid Fulham got another Clay.

bog

Has been adjourned until early in April. So the agony dags on.   

Peabody

Surely this and the Blackpool travesty, shows how wrong our football is. Think back to 1953, when those two teams gave us one the best cup finals. To me, this only proves that the top of our football pyramid has got it all wrong. The wealth should be shared out more evenly and would not a contingency fund should be set up to help clubs in Bolton's situation.

Bill2

Sad to see a club who  few years ago was a Prem regular. Not sure what their following is but sympathy to all their fans, especially the ones who have paid their ticket money and then get sold down the river.

Mince n Tatties

Notts County on the brink as well,these people running these famous old clubs need a kick up the whatsit.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 20, 2019, 07:09:40 PM
Notts County on the brink as well,these people running these famous old clubs need a kick up the whatsit.

So do the FA and the Football League, both full of quangos.
Football is eating itself, because of the suits running the game.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.