more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

“Enough was enough” – Player explains why he simply had to leave Fulham

Started by Friendsoffulham, March 21, 2019, 03:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

"Enough was enough" – Player explains why he simply had to leave Fulham

Stefan Johansen was one of the standout players for Fulham in their bid to achieve promotion to the Premier League, scoring eight goals and registering nine assists in the Championship.

However, the Norway international has seen his importance being reduced this term as he has started only in four league matches for the Cottagers, while has eight more appearances to his name from the bench.

The 28-year-old struggled for minutes under Slaviša Jokanović and his successor Claudio Ranieri, which is why he wanted to leave Craven Cottage in the mid-season transfer window.

Johansen has given an interview to TV2, in which he revealed details about the conversation he had with the Ranieri, which convinced him to join West Bromwich Albion on loan until the end of the season.

"He said he wanted me, but couldn't promise me the game time I demanded. I said I have a career and development to think about, not least a national team that is important to me. Then it's about playing time," the midfielder explained.

"I felt I got even less confidence (when Ranieri was hired by Fulham). Then enough was enough. In such a situation, I had to think about my own career. He understood it very well. There was no fight."

Johansen has now been picked up for Norway's squad to face Spain and Sweden in the European Championship.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/think-of-my-own-career-player-reveals-how-conversation-with-manager-led-to-fulham-exit/

filham

Interesting to see what happens to Johansen in the summer.
No doubt he was a good player in that magnificent trio we had in midfield last season. if Cairney, or Seri or Anguissa leave in the summer he could be needed for next season.

gang

Strange for an international footballer, he only kicks with the outside of his feet, which produces a predictable ball curve.

Nick Bateman

Johansen was fairly hopeless and won't be missed.  He was good at giving away free kicks needlessly, earning a booking every game, and basically taking up a squad place more deserving to someone else.  Good riddance!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Jamie88

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 21, 2019, 05:35:28 PM
Johansen was fairly hopeless and won't be missed.  He was good at giving away free kicks needlessly, earning a booking every game, and basically taking up a squad place more deserving to someone else.  Good riddance!

A bit harsh would be an understatement. He may have fell away a bit towards the end but he was a more than capable footballer who was a big part of our success under Jokanovic.

Penfold

Quote from: Jamie88 on March 21, 2019, 06:08:06 PM

A bit harsh would be an understatement. He may have fell away a bit towards the end but he was a more than capable footballer who was a big part of our success under Jokanovic.

Agreed some bull from Bateman.

Think he would be useful in the Championship but is probably looking for assurances re first team football.

hovewhite

U don't remember a lot of criticism about stefjo last season,which is typical!!

elgreenio

enough was enough, he couldn't go on, he couldn't go on, no more no.

If we keep hold of 3 of Seri, TC, Anguissa and KMac it'll be the same regardless of who's in charge in the summer as well.

Criticised a fair bit last season but he'll always be a pretty integral part of the team that got us up, and at least he wants to play instead of a few you can think of in the league that are happy to sit in the stands and take their money
touch my camera through the fence

Southcoastffc

Ridiculous.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Sgt Fulham

Can't believe the criticism he's getting from some. A class player that played a big part in two big seasons. Sure, he didn't make the step up, but was hardly given a chance. We will be worse off next season if he is no longer with us.

SouthIslandWhite

Just one more example of a Fulham player whom we completely mismanaged and now he is gone and we are left holding the bag.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Jamie88 on March 21, 2019, 06:08:06 PM

or was Jokanovic part of the success of Stefjo, Kmac, Cairney and latterly Mitro?

Spirit of 2000

Was superb last season... hope hes with us in the championship next term

MikeW

The reality is two managers didn't fancy him as a Prem player. An awful lot of people on this board haven't grasped why so few of last years team were/are not good enough to make the step up.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Jamie88

Quote from: MikeW on March 21, 2019, 09:29:31 PM
The reality is two managers didn't fancy him as a Prem player. An awful lot of people on this board haven't grasped why so few of last years team were/are not good enough to make the step up.

I don't think 'an awful lot' of people on this board believe him to be a top PL player at all, but it doesn't mean comments like 'good riddance' are acceptable for a player who has done a good job for us in recent years.

MikeW

I didn't single him out, my comment was about a number of players.  And I didn't say good riddance either.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Jamie88 on March 21, 2019, 09:33:47 PM
Quote from: MikeW on March 21, 2019, 09:29:31 PM

I don't think 'an awful lot' of people on this board believe him to be a top PL player at all, but it doesn't mean comments like 'good riddance' are acceptable for a player who has done a good job for us in recent years.
:plus one:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jamie88

Quote from: MikeW on March 21, 2019, 09:41:23 PM
I didn't single him out, my comment was about a number of players.  And I didn't say good riddance either.

Given that this thread is solely about Johansen and you started your post by referring to him, I think it's fair to say your comment was about him.
I never said you said good riddance, but if you have read the thread you will know why I chose that comment.

futureman

Let's not forget... He score some good goals..and his pass to Sess!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on March 21, 2019, 09:09:20 PM
Was superb last season... hope hes with us in the championship next term

If we start every game next season with Anguissa, Seri and Cairney, then bringing on a top championship box-to-box midfielder off the bench around the 60 minute mark most games may be essential to achieving automatic promotion. In addition in a long season, injuries in midfield will occur and he more than any other player in our squad can cover every midfield position.