more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Derby Set To Sack Lampard?

Started by Mince n Tatties, March 23, 2019, 06:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

According to some reports this morning.
Another job Slava will be made favourite for.

hovewhite

It's about the usual derby sacking time of season,good luck to any manager going in there.

One Martin Thomas

More likely that he'll leave if he doesn't get them up as they are broke !

Slaphead in Qatar

Wouldn't mind frank manages us next season. I think he's done well there

Logicalman

Derby mate of mine says he's looking at a return back to that other west London team, doesn't know the full sp on lumpy, but says "the club have no money and need to sell good players to buy good players, which sounds like Derby logic!"
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

filham

Hard to believe, they are in the running for a play off place , not the time to change your manager surely.

Thames badger

That club changed their name this season according to Radio 5. They always call them by their current full name Frank Lampard's Derby County.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Logicalman on March 23, 2019, 04:49:57 PM
Derby mate of mine says he's looking at a return back to that other west London team, doesn't know the full sp on lumpy, but says "the club have no money and need to sell good players to buy good players, which sounds like Derby logic!"

Fortunately Fulham Fans don't suffer from Derby Logic, Fulham Fan Logic is to sell around 5 underperforming players that are not good enough for the premier league (but great against Millwall) probably getting 1/5th the price we paid from some club outside the premier league.

Then we use the money so the guys that picked the underperforming premier league footballers, can find and buy a few championship footballers.

Selling players rarely works cause you rarely get more than their worth, while buying players rarely works because the club selling knows more a out them than you do. Of course, it's worse if your club is not good at recruiting. Recruitment plugs gaps and gives coaches something to develop.

Success is achieved by improving the players that are here, we need s fair bit of improvement before next year but some players are improving a decent rate for next years championship challenge.

Karlos

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 23, 2019, 03:38:17 PM

Wouldn't want Frank, we need to break the Chelsea connection in  our managerial appointments

Wingnut

Two points off the play offs, undefeated in their last three games and they are thinking of sacking him. This can't be true. On a side note, the championship table is ridiculous this season isn't it. Four points separating Boro in fifth from Forest in 11th. Great fight between Leeds and Sheffield United for second also.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Buffalo76

He'd never come to us,  even if he became available and we were looking at someone other than Scotty P.  I wouldn't want him anyway

Nero

Quote from: Wingnut on March 24, 2019, 02:26:34 PM
Two points off the play offs, undefeated in their last three games and they are thinking of sacking him. This can't be true. On a side note, the championship table is ridiculous this season isn't it. Four points separating Boro in fifth from Forest in 11th. Great fight between Leeds and Sheffield United for second also.

Didnt they do the same when Clement was there he wanted them to spend a bit to push on and they did so sacked him

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Karlos on March 24, 2019, 07:58:18 AM

Wouldn't want Frank, we need to break the Chelsea connection in  our managerial appointments

Agreed.  Lampard is also unproven as a manager so is no better than Scott Parker.  Sad to see so many Fulham fans BEGGING, with such low ambition for a West London club of Premiership status and aspirations to improve, not consolidate.  We are fortunate to have a multi-billionaire owner who has already shown he wishes to invest heavily in this club.  Dare to dream!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Wingnut

Quote from: Nero on March 24, 2019, 03:14:06 PM
Quote from: Wingnut on March 24, 2019, 02:26:34 PM

Didnt they do the same when Clement was there he wanted them to spend a bit to push on and they did so sacked him

Think the official reason was the style of play but the above was the underlying reason. They got seriously nervous, even by Derby standards, when things started to go wrong that season.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

hovewhite

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 24, 2019, 03:58:56 PM
Quote from: Karlos on March 24, 2019, 07:58:18 AM

Agreed.  Lampard is also unproven as a manager so is no better than Scott Parker.  Sad to see so many Fulham fans BEGGING, with such low ambition for a West London club of Premiership status and aspirations to improve, not consolidate.  We are fortunate to have a multi-billionaire owner who has already shown he wishes to invest heavily in this club.  Dare to dream!
good sentiments but his son wasting the money with poor player and coaches selection.