News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Four/Four/Two Magazine..(Guess Who Their Worst Summer Signing Is)

Started by Mince n Tatties, March 28, 2019, 11:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 29, 2019, 03:49:18 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on March 29, 2019, 03:24:00 PM
Quote from: ffcne on March 29, 2019, 01:25:14 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on March 29, 2019, 12:06:08 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 29, 2019, 05:14:24 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on March 29, 2019, 02:34:31 AM
Like being kicked while we're down, except some of our fans choose to take part in the swift kicks to those who choose to wear the Fulham shirt.

Sad on all levels.

Just because he wears our shirt???
Some of you and you most probably, slagged the likes of Fotheringham,Kiraly and a few others off,and they didn't cost nowt.
Its not one person its a panels assessment, and I'm afraid true,as we haven't had 10 bobs worth of our 30 million fee yet,that's not to say we want,as he showed more promise last week.
You Dearie's of the left variety get so easily upset,over the slightest criticism of anyone..😵

Ignorant assumptions aside, I support anyone who wears the shirt. The perception of value comes in different forms, and the one that dominates this kind of validation of being able to slag off our players is their contribution + monetary cost. For some supporters, the concept of investment seems to be far-fetched and only applies to a span of one season. It's always about what have you done for me lately - I completely understand that. However, is it so bad that the form of value for some is recognizing potential and accepting this investment is not going to be instantly gratified?

It's not about being easily upset, it's about showing support to players who haven't come good yet. Anguissa has shown potential, and unfortunately, he's been injured to really make a mark, but as we've seen glimpses, there's enough to be somewhat excited of the prospect of him staying on. Personally, I didn't feel great about him much this season either, but there is more context to that - and it's conveniently taken out when we just jump on the bandwagon of hate and criticism. Anyone who chooses to wear the shirt, I'll support, even if I don't prefer them or think highly of them.

So how long shall we give them to prove themselves?
I notice you are still holding a candle for Fonte.
And are expecting him to be banging the goals in next season.!!!!

I'm not telling you what to do. I simply gave another approach. Where exactly did I say Fonte would be banging in goals? Do you honestly think I believe that when he hasn't scored for Lille either? In case you're wondering, probably not since you love to assume, ffcne - I've watched all his matches for Lille. His best performance was against PSG of all teams, but he's still the unselfish player and I honestly do not think he will be a starter for us unless he starts showing he can score goals.

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 29, 2019, 01:02:41 PM
I shall only support a player wearing the shirt, if it is soaked in sweat, or perspiration if you prefer.
Any player that does not soak his shirt in sweat and blood, will get a flea in the air from me, and is not fit to wear the shirt.
This I deduce and observed has happened far too often this season by uncommitted lazy passionless players who could not give a dam, as long as they received their obscene inflated salaries, and their lack of commitment and effort has contributed to many defeats and flat performances, and has cost two managers their jobs and planted  Fulham firmly in the relegation zone.
So I do not buy the fact because a player wears a Fulham shirt I shall support him no matter what. Far from it, they have to earn it, and not that many did, and shame on them.

I've asked this of you before, but please show me where exactly players are appearing lazy and uncommited, or not sweating in the shirt? Where are these specific non-passionate players you speak of? Off the top of my head, I can say there was one stand out player that seemed to lack passion, and I would say that is Fosu-Mensah. Best example for me is against Man City in the cup and against Huddersfield away.

I try not to judge those intangibles. Many players look on the surface without passion or any type of emotion. For some players that is just how they are and what they use to calm their nerves. You never know what is going on in the head of players, let alone people, so I dare not judge the intangibles or go as far as assuming what they are in for, whether it be fame, paycheck or a jog in the park.

I give up, I really do give up  063.gif :Get Coat gif: it's a caution for not paying attention. 🆘
🆘 I need a moment to process this information you have written......................................................
No it is still not of this earth. I cannot help you, I have neither the patience or the time.
All I will say is, when you have slipped on a bar of soap and broken your neck, removing the soap does not help matters.
Despite the detailed report and observations of these players who have failed miserably, and I mean shown no character, leadership, courage, Application, commitment etc etc.
You are content to indulge them and overlook their shortcomings.
I equate that to like giving a dog a treat when he has just pooed on your slippers.
A reward for failure.

For every statement made, an argument can be made right back. That's not overlooking their shortcoming, just the same way you're choosing to overlook their efforts. It's just the basic fundamentals of a debate.

Now, if you want to hear what you want, and not engage in a discussion with context - then so be it. I won't take part. However, I will defend until there is something to use as a resource. I happily concede if proof can be provided, and I even gave an example of Fosu-Mensah in which supports what you're saying about lack of character, leadership, commitment, courage, etc. I'm not going to group all our players into that category without proof though.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 28, 2019, 11:55:47 PM
The plot thickens, and it is now all coming out in the wash.
Which substantiates what us wise men have been saying all season, as opposed to the rose tinted blind faith people who will not face the reality of why we are where we are, and the root cause of this pantomime of a season, and the forthcoming outcome.
👍👌

fulham traveller

I expect seri will shine  somewhere but not st FFC, remember how he started