watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We will be relegated on Tuesday

Started by ALG01, March 30, 2019, 05:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

I usually try to get to the games where relegation is confirmed. Unfortunately I can't make it. Even if we win it is now only a matter of time.

So when will next season's season ticket prices be announced. Will there be a discount in league one?

Mince n Tatties

Watford will have their reserve team out as they have cup semi final at weekend.

SP

I'm sure we were relegated at Watford about 25 years ago losing something like 4-1.

RaySmith

We were relegated from the old Second Division there about 1980 - I was there.

SP

Quote from: RaySmith on March 30, 2019, 05:29:02 PM
We were relegated from the old Second Division there about 1980 - I was there.

Seems like a different life but I'm sure we were on terracing in the corner at the opposite end of the current away stand?

RaySmith

That seems about right.

Standing on the terraces does seem a different life.

I remember the next, final, game of the season,can't remember whoit was against, standing in the Hammy End singing 'loyal supporters.' Can't imagine doing that today.

H4usuallysitting

Well, some good news at last - something to look forward to

Fulham76

Probably a good thing to get it over with, it's been an awful season.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 30, 2019, 05:15:32 PM
Watford will have their reserve team out as they have cup semi final at weekend.
I hope so at least we will only lose by a couple of goals, glad I will be away and miss the game/onslaught!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HV71

Sad though it is I will be glad when it is confirmed. Until then Parker has to give it his best shot with the players currently on the books ( including loanees ) . After that he should be picking his 'Championship' team and giving youth a chance. We may even see a more 'free' and spirited approach - which may give us something to cheer and a smidgen of hope -

ffcwickford

I will be happier when it is mathematically certain, so on Wednesday morning I should be happy! 049:gif 049:gif

filham

Quote from: ffcwickford on March 30, 2019, 06:31:44 PM
I will be happier when it is mathematically certain, so on Wednesday morning I should be happy! 049:gif 049:gif
I think the pain will be relieved but we have known for a long while that this was a 99.9% certainty. Just hope we can now see some football and get a good look at players who are likely to be with us next season.

BarneyTravers

Quote from: RaySmith on March 30, 2019, 05:39:27 PM
That seems about right.

Standing on the terraces does seem a different life.

I remember the next, final, game of the season,can't remember whoit was against, standing in the Hammy End singing 'loyal supporters.' Can't imagine doing that today.

Cambridge United was the home game....we lost ....never ventured to Shrewsbury for the last game.

Woolly Mammoth

We could very well win, and the inevitable will be delayed, but it would be good for Scott and the boys to taste a rare victory.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jem

Can't wait for the Championship. Far more entertaining.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Woolly Mammoth

As well as ourselves of course, good for morale and confidence and well being to taste a rare victory in the Premier League.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

It will be seem like euthanasia, organised by you know who, instructions given to you know and carried out by you know, TK and co, the coaches/managers of FFC and finally the squad of players, well most of them! Reassured tonight to know that I am not the only 1 looking forward to next season and glad this one is over!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)