News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker was appointed too early (I hope he gets a chance next season)

Started by Robbie, March 31, 2019, 05:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

I hope Parker gets a good chance next season. A chance to build a team for a bounce-back.

I have said before, and say again .. I hope another mistake by the Khan's is to have appointed SP too early.

CR should have been kept on to at least Watford.

COYWs

ScalleysDad

Maybe so but was it not clarified, proven, reliable source etc that Ranieri had officially lost the dressing room. SP happened to be on hand when the options were so few the word "crisis" was used. We are where we are now so I think SP has to see the season through, the Khans stay in the background, and we regroup.

fulhamben

Hmm not sure about that, who in there right mind would have wanted Parker who hadn't managed one match ever, to lead us next season. 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Due to parachute payments, FFP and the likelihood of our best players trickling away each year we stay down, I think we have about a 90% chance of promotion next year, 60% the year after and then about 10% or less any year after that. In other words, I think next year represents a great opportunity that won't be repeated. To entrust that opportunity to a person with zero track record as a manager, and someone who actually as a player and coach has been consistently unsuccessful for us, seems like utter madness to me.

If he'd inspired some kind of miracle and we'd got points against the likes of Chelsea and Man City then I might have said he's worth a shot, but we haven't. We've lost 4 on the spin and looked just as poor.

Sorry but I really hope the man is replaced by the end of April.

New Kid on the Block

I agree, Statto. Scotty does seem to have instilled some team spirit in the squad, but I have to say, he doesn't seem to have a clue.

I would be happy to see Graham Potter here. He builds teams over a few years, uses youngsters a lot, and I hear from the Swans fans that he may leave for the right offer, as the owners have started selling his best players.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on March 31, 2019, 06:33:06 PM
Due to parachute payments, FFP and the likelihood of our best players trickling away each year we stay down, I think we have about a 90% chance of promotion next year, 60% the year after and then about 10% or less any year after that. In other words, I think next year represents a great opportunity that won't be repeated. To entrust that opportunity to a person with zero track record as a manager, and someone who actually as a player and coach has been consistently unsuccessful for us, seems like utter madness to me.

If he'd inspired some kind of miracle and we'd got points against the likes of Chelsea and Man City then I might have said he's worth a shot, but we haven't. We've lost 4 on the spin and looked just as poor.

Absolutely, spot on. I would point out, Scott Parker is in the role for two reasons i)  the players he was coaching played so badly under Slavisa and Raneri, and ii) Slavisa and Raneri made stupid tactical decisions while he was one of their advisors.

I think we shouldn't even be discussing SP as the next manager, but whether he should even keep his old job of 2nd In Charge. I say let the next manager decide.

Next Season is our best chance to go up by far. And, if we go up next season a lot of the team will still be at there peak, with premier league experience and knowledge of opponents. I also think many of the players from the 17/18 season will be soon be on a sharp decline, and the one strength we have now is a strong bench for central midfielders, central defenders and goalkeepers.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on March 31, 2019, 06:33:06 PM

I take exception with one point "we have looked just as poor". Against Leicester fair enough but the other games no way.  I left after the game against Chelsea feeling very proud, we gave it a real go and I didn't see that under CR or even SJ. A clear improvement in my view.