News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who else is excited about the Championship?

Started by Robbie, April 05, 2019, 11:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willard

No, I'm not excited. Neither, for that matter, am I optimistic.

After this season I have little faith in the club's ability to thrive in the Championship and be in the promotion places without some fundamental changes in the executive direction and actual management of the team.

I'm not convinced that Parker will be the driving force for change and revitalisation that is required to reanimate this team and I suspect that any managerial appointment, if the rumours are to be believed, will be so uninspiring that we will look fondly on the good times with Lawrie Sánchez...

Fulham 442

TC looked gutted tbh as are we all. I also fear how we will perform in the Championship next season....

ScalleysDad

It will be a very rocky journey and I don't expect a top two finish but from another perspective south wales, the midlands, the madstad and a night out in Bristol is easier for us.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 05, 2019, 10:23:54 PM
It will be a very rocky journey and I don't expect a top two finish but from another perspective south wales, the midlands, the madstad and a night out in Bristol is easier for us.

I think we will be top two, if we sell no-one.

RaySmith

It all depends on who we keep and how much our owner is able to spend on players under FFP - that and the manager, of course.

There should be preperation for next season starting now, though I think we still have to try and get results in the remaining games, and Parker will want to show what he can do too.

toshes mate

Not sure it is down to who we keep on the playing staff so much as a professional manager astute enough to focus entirely on the players in spite of constant interference from the amateurs occupying the 'other' offices at Motspur Park.  Two people have already been led away by police officers and neither of them struck me as 'thug' material.  Misguided they were, perhaps, but did the officers who attended get their man?  They'll be another episode of unrest to keep us all guessing who the real villain is.  Meanwhile the football may entertain in patches but I don't see us getting a really classy and worthy replacement for Jokanovic in a while.  And that may be missing piece of the jigsaw.  And so for those who think we will repeat what we did last year so very quickly I would just say I hope you are right but I fear you are not.   

ScalleysDad

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 06, 2019, 03:54:15 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 05, 2019, 10:23:54 PM

I think we will be top two, if we sell no-one.

Big if there but it would be the best chance we have. Any of the teams in the current top six that are  left behind will, for the first time in ages, have a head start on us and we will be rebuilding and finding our way especially if Anguissa, Seri and co stay as they would never have had an experience quite like it before.

Woolly Mammoth

Because we do not know who will be definitely staying or going, and who will be recruited, and how the preseason will pan out. Bearing in mind that a week in football is a long time.
It is impossible to even commence forecasting which way our season will go next year, even more so with the individuals we have who run the current pantomime.
So don't build your hopes up, but at the same time there is no need to hit the bottle either, well not yet anyway.
It could be a dull mediocre mid table season where they will bore the pants off us.
If we are lucky. Win one lose one draw one. Win one lose one draw one. Win one lose one draw one. Win one lose one draw one, etc etc etc etc 💤💤💤💤
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

TC's Sporran

it will be nice to go into games without that feeling of despair knowing you are going to lose.
Dunno why some fans are happy to put up with all the losing just so they can cling to premier league status?

To compete realistically, play well and get wins. What's not to like?

sunburywhite

Quote from: TC's Sporran on April 06, 2019, 12:22:42 PM
it will be nice to go into games without that feeling of despair knowing you are going to lose.
Dunno why some fans are happy to put up with all the losing just so they can cling to premier league status?

Spot on
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Very much.
There's not a lot we can do now about this season
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I suppose there has to be excitement as it's a new challenge with a clean slate.

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Quote from: TC's Sporran on April 06, 2019, 12:22:42 PM

Sorry, can't buy into this.  The goal for any player, coach, owner, and fan is for their team to succeed and win at whatever level/league they are at.  Always striving to be better, to gain promotion, to win.  I'll happily take some lumps in the PL.  There will be other times (fingers crossed, haha) when FFC can compete more forcefully in the PL.  Sure, it's a tough league.  But you can relish in wins, staying up (mid table) and the occasional win/draw v a top 6 club. 

What's not to like?

It ain't the PL.

Carborundum

The start of any football season is guaranteed to make me feel some excitement. 

Something else that makes me feel good is leaving the Cottage with three points in the bag.  Close win and I'm buzzing.  Clear win and all's well with the footballing world.  That's only happened four times this season. Missed one of those on holiday.

So I'm looking forward to the Championship.  If we get relegated with 40 points, the  chances are I've seen twice as many wins as this year.

SouthIslandWhite

Frankly I will simply be glad to be in a division where every fixture isn't a guaranteed 4-1 loss.   :dead horse:
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

ALG01

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on April 06, 2019, 04:48:16 PM
Frankly I will simply be glad to be in a division where every fixture isn't a guaranteed 4-1 loss.   :dead horse:

I wouldn't count on that

Woolly Mammoth

I cannot see how we are going to suddenly become a team that can start winning games, there is no fight in the team or the club, it's a losing mentality, we even lost at home to Oldham, and that was no fluke.
So I don't see any evidence that we can become promotion candidates again.

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

As for next season i think we should get rid of every single player we got this season, the lot. If forced i would keep chambers he seems agenuine decent fellow. The rest are useless or can't be bothered so why will they change next season, they had their chance.

As for three MoM in a row anguissa, i would let him go now. He will be a major liability next time. Players that are lazy with poor attitude who only t occasionally areno use to us. And to be honest he has been better but IMO he couldn't have been worse. His defending against watford remained lazy and lamentable. We need better attitude and aptitude  than his.

Robbie

F(f)CUK

In answer to the original question: all my friends who support Brentford, QPR, Swansea, Stoke and even Sunderland who have all taken great joy over us being relegated.