more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Dear Mr Parker

Started by bog, April 07, 2019, 08:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Dear Mr Parker,

Now that our ignominious relegation has been conformed, and in some spectacular style, I wonder if you could please do the following. As we have nothing more to lose as all our credibility has been banished to land fill, can you please give a start at right back to Steven Sessegnon for the up and coming fixture v (versus) Everton. Perhaps also give a blooding to other youth players from the bench. Steven was good enough to play in that position mentioned in the relative aged World Cup final, indeed he made the first two goals with his crossing ability. I am old enough to recall seeing the debut of George Cohen and as I am coming up for oxygen and also the Everton game it would be nice to be able to also say I was there with regard to Steven as well.   

Best of luck for the rest of the season,

Yours with black and white blood freely given to the cause,

Bog     092.gif

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Dear Bog

Ah a well intended suggestion no doubt, not without merit for our "future"

However, it reminds me of a previous dire time in our history when Ray Lew was our manager
I wrote to him (no e mail or social mediyah in those days) suggesting he blood the youngsters given a similar hopeless situation with the senior team players

He was kind enough to write back saying he couldn't possibly do that owing to the fact that playing them (too soon) might do irreparable damage to their confidence, careers etc

We might argue that Steve Sess it's a different case given his senior team exposure to date, whatever

Seems to me though that some managers have an attitude to taking calculated risks & allowing opportunities for the youngsters sometimes with great results

Equally some managers (e.g Claudio R) have been responsible (by not encouraging & playing them) for stunting a player's development & marketability - e.g. Ryan Sess     

A conundrum not helped by our current set up, recruitment model & individuals responsible

Scotty would be very brave in taking this situation on, still what's to lose now?

COYW!!

bog

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on April 07, 2019, 10:22:22 PM
Dear Bog

However, it reminds me of a previous dire time in our history when Ray Lew was our manager
I wrote to him (no e mail or social mediyah in those days) suggesting he blood the youngsters given a similar hopeless situation with the senior team players

He was kind enough to write back saying he couldn't possibly do that owing to the fact that playing them (too soon) might do irreparable damage to their confidence, careers etc

We might argue that Steve Sess it's a different case given his senior team exposure to date, whatever

Seems to me though that some managers have an attitude to taking calculated risks & allowing opportunities for the youngsters sometimes with great results

Equally some managers (e.g Claudio R) have been responsible (by not encouraging & playing them) for stunting a player's development & marketability - e.g. Ryan Sess     

A conundrum not helped by our current set up, recruitment model & individuals responsible

Scotty would be very brave in taking this situation on, still what's to lose now?

COYW!!

Dear Vic,

Just what is their left to lose?

bill taylors apprentice

This is one way a "good" manager shows his worth by managing the situation with an eye on the future.

In reality you do risk causing more damage by going for "youth" but a skillful manager will be able to give some game time and boost the individuals experience without damaging the team or the player.

So come on Mr Parker lets see what you can do?

fulhamben

Something tells me he won't. He probably thinks he has a chance to get the job, and no chairman in the world is going to hire a manager with a 100% loss stat to his entire managerial career to date
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: bog on April 08, 2019, 08:34:20 AM
Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on April 07, 2019, 10:22:22 PM
Dear Bog

COYW!!

Dear Vic,

Just what is their left to lose?

I agree Bog, nothing left now so I would go for it to "test the mettle" of the youngsters for the future
Although we expect departures we have no idea @ this stage how many therefore what we will need next season - apart from some solid (as Joka would say) experience for the championship
Give some of the youngsters their opportunity to gain brief Premiership experience, explain that they shouldn't be fearful, do their best, play as a team & not to worry, enjoy it & show what they might do
Provided we don't judge them (or Scotty) harshly then what's to lose as you say
You never know we may find another gem or two from the yoof
COYW!!

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on April 08, 2019, 09:29:00 AM
Something tells me he won't. He probably thinks he has a chance to get the job, and no chairman in the world is going to hire a manager with a 100% loss stat to his entire managerial career to date
Yes, Parker's problem is that our stats orientated management will be looking for a couple of wins from him if he is to be considered for the managers job.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on April 08, 2019, 10:53:30 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on April 08, 2019, 09:29:00 AM
Yes, Parker's problem is that our stats orientated management will be looking for a couple of wins from him if he is to be considered for the managers job.
it's not just the stats team though, I doubt many fans would want a manger who couldn't even muster up a draw at the very least
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

clarkey

Steve Sess should definitely start all the remaining games and Cyrus Christie should start none of the games. Neither should any of the loanees.

We should get rid of Fabri as well, Vietto obviously, and get Stefan J. back as soon as possible. Parker should write down on a bit of paper the team that got us up, then using the squad players available fill in (with a crayon if pen difficult) the players names of those who IMPROVE the team.Where no one any good is possible to write in like full back then write in a youngster.There will be precious few additions.

You will be surprised how good the team looks and how it would have done a lot better than the team of misfits that we have played most of the year.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Looking at the current England squad, how many of the young'uns have been bloodied in the last year or
so and some almost the same age as the Sess's.
If the top clubs can play 'these kids' while still chasing trophies, surely we can find room for two or 3 of ours
over the next 5 games and certainly not bother to play 'leaving loanies' which would be pointless and I suggest
that if Parker did that it would be entirely due to him trying to get that 'initial win' to stake his claim as manager and
not as he has stated, leave Fulham in a 'better place'
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

davew

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 08, 2019, 09:23:29 AM
This is one way a "good" manager shows his worth by managing the situation with an eye on the future.

In reality you do risk causing more damage by going for "youth" but a skillful manager will be able to give some game time and boost the individuals experience without damaging the team or the player.

So come on Mr Parker lets see what you can do?
Not sure you can even consider calling SP a manager yet, surprising how a defensive coach of FFC (with our record this seson) has risen to the dizzy heights of manager, I think he will be falling from a great height at the end of the season. On the other hand if we manage to lose all of our remaining games this season he might end up D of Football.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Oswhite