watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR The Amex tonight....

Started by Mike the White, April 16, 2019, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Are Cardiff capable of being as violent as Watford? They didn't have to raise their game much to overcome us at our last meeting, it really will be interesting to see if Parker can inject the effort and aggression needed to overcome this horrible team and coaching staff.

I will be bloody furious if they stay up. 1/7 favourites to go down, having difficulty grasping the enormity of Cardiff staying up.

:016:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

FulhamStu

Both have tough games.  Cardiff will have to at least draw at the cottage and probably win.  Makes this a massive game for them. 

davew

It is a tough run in for both teams, they might both end up with no more points, remaining fixtures are :-

Brighton                           Cardiff
20 April: Wolves (away)   21 April: Liverpool (home)
23 April: Tottenham (away)   
27 April: Newcastle (home)   27 April: Fulham (away)
4 May: Arsenal (away)   4 May: Crystal Palace (home)
12 May: Man City (home)   12 May: Man Utd (away)

My predictions would be Brighton no more points and Cardiff either 2 points (1 against us and 1 vs Palace) or maybe even 3pts (win against Palace),  difficult choice to call, but goal difference could be the decider in which case Brighton stay up! Nail biting finish to the season for both teams fans!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Penfold

Colin may keep Cardiff up. However, I want to relegate him so will go to Lord's on 27 April. My not bothering to go to Fulham will result in a home win and Cardiff going belly up.

brightster

Quote from: Statto on April 16, 2019, 09:52:02 PM
Anyone who thinks Brighton are going down should stick £100 on it because you can still get odds of about 3-1 even after tonight's result. Meanwhile Cardiff are still about 1-3.

Brighton are 2 pts ahead with a game in hand. I'll be astounded if they go down.

Just put £10 @7-2, can't see them turning this round, free-fall now last 2 games at home 0-7 against 2 sides who were on poor runs themselves. Think Cardiff have more fight than them.

The Rock

I just am not worried about these two teams who we should be far better than, and are far worse.

A tale of lost hope. Golf clap for TK.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

My missus has been asking me to take her to her first ever football game. I was planning on taking her this season, but couldn't stand the embarrassment. She went with a friend to the Amex last night after her friends hubby won hospitality tickets (not a bad way to break your football virginity - free food and drink!)

Anyway, after that result, she's banned from any game at the cottage. Unless we're playing someone who relegate QPR if they win....
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

aaronmcguigan

I don't think premier league survival requires being fantastic or brilliant or being on form or anything like that.
Premier league survival requires finding 3 worse teams than yourself. Brighton and all the other teams had done that until Brighton decided to go into freefall. The standard at the bottom of the league is brutal, and personally I wouldn't mind either team coming down with us. Cardiff If relegated will be distraught, resurrection of their fight being all for nothing, and if it's brighton, the run they have been on is toxic; their fans have turned on them and their run in is pretty horrible too. They'll bring that toxic feeling down with them just like Stoke have done

Southdowns White

Have a look on 'The North Stand' forum for Brighton fans, some of the comments on there are very familiar to some on here earlier in the season which may make some of you feel better. I think most of us were resigned to relegation just after Christmas so are now use to the position we find ourselves in, Brighton despite being terrible since Christmas had a 12 point gap but are now staring relegation in the face as they have lost all of this.

JoelH5

Reading the Cardiff forum they are sure they are going to beat us. Obviously it wont be nearly enough but this is a chance for a slight move towards redemption for our players. Smash them.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Statto

Quote from: brightster on April 16, 2019, 10:33:21 PM
Quote from: Statto on April 16, 2019, 09:52:02 PM
Anyone who thinks Brighton are going down should stick £100 on it because you can still get odds of about 3-1 even after tonight's result. Meanwhile Cardiff are still about 1-3.

Brighton are 2 pts ahead with a game in hand. I'll be astounded if they go down.

Just put £10 @7-2, can't see them turning this round, free-fall now last 2 games at home 0-7 against 2 sides who were on poor runs themselves. Think Cardiff have more fight than them.

Fair enough, I would say good luck, but I want cardiff to go down

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Out of interest, had we been relegated or survived when we smashed Norwich 6-0? Or was that the 7th season. Can never remember, but it's time we did it again.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Sting of the North

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on April 17, 2019, 11:00:10 AM
Out of interest, had we been relegated or survived when we smashed Norwich 6-0? Or was that the 7th season. Can never remember, but it's time we did it again.

We survived

Sgt Fulham

It's down to us to save the EPL from another season of Cardiff. What a sad state of affairs it would be if they were to survive.

Milo

I'd love it if we relegated them