watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Ajax clean up at Juventus

Started by bog, April 17, 2019, 09:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Did anyone see Ajax last night? What side they are. The captain is 19 and he scored the winner. I watched them knock Real Madrid out, any thoughts of a fluke were firmly dispatched last night. Johan would have been well impressed.  :Haynes The Maestro:

As for 'Ole's at the wheel', one of those wheels seems to have come off....  :005:     

092.gif

ALG01

Quote from: bog on April 17, 2019, 09:30:40 AM
Did anyone see Ajax last night? What side they are. The captain is 19 and he scored the winner. I watched them knock Real Madrid out, any thoughts of a fluke were firmly dispatched last night. Johan would have been well impressed.  :Haynes The Maestro:

As for 'Ole's at the wheel', one of those wheels seems to have come off....  :005:     

092.gif

I think this was very good for football. Ajax have good players but it is the 'the team' that is the so impressive part.

In these days of 'signing names' and thinking that will do it, building a team properly will always be better but you have to allow the mixture to develop.

Whilst i would love an English team to win the tournament, I have a real regard for Ajax and wouldn't be unhappy if they were suitably successful.

bog

Quote from: ALG01 on April 17, 2019, 10:38:37 AM
Quote from: bog on April 17, 2019, 09:30:40 AM

092.gif

I think this was very good for football. Ajax have good players but it is the 'the team' that is the so impressive part.

In these days of 'signing names' and thinking that will do it, building a team properly will always be better but you have to allow the mixture to develop.

Whilst i would love an English team to win the tournament, I have a real regard for Ajax and wouldn't be unhappy if they were suitably successful.

+1

Steven Ageroad

Very impressed with them, they were a delight to watch.

Mince n Tatties

Reminded me of their great sides of years ago it seems now.

dgnffc

The sad thing is that everyone is saying this is the last time for this team as many will be sold come the transfer window. It's a pity that this team couldn't stay together to create a dynasty but it seems that money talks and when the 'big' clubs come calling.................

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: dgnffc on April 17, 2019, 05:26:20 PM
The sad thing is that everyone is saying this is the last time for this team as many will be sold come the transfer window. It's a pity that this team couldn't stay together to create a dynasty but it seems that money talks and when the 'big' clubs come calling.................

Imagine the collective value if they're young and win the champions league.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Sgt Fulham

They were a de Ligt last night (sorry). So refreshing to see the freedom they play with. Was not happy with how the commentators kept banging on about their naivity and overplaying. They're beating Juventus away for god's sake!

Would be happy to see them win it. What a story that would be.

kiwian

And poor little cr huffs off without shaking players' hands-classy
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?