watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

At what stage would you give up?

Started by Andy S, April 19, 2019, 11:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

I started when we were in Div 1 in the 60's, never wavered in my support since that first match, though, these days, living so far from home, my attendance at matches is only somewhere slightly up on GCs scoring rate, but then again, every match now attended is another special moment in my life when I get to walk past the Cottage again.

Give Up? Never.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

SG

I will never stop supporting FFC even if health prevented me attending. Started in 57, was there for the lowest home gate v Scunthorpe, 2,300 odd in the nineties. When I'm gone my sons will continue that support and after them my 5 year old grandson will. It's in the blood and I have no real interest in any other club other than a general football interest

Jims Dentist

I've thought it before and now reading these posts I think again that many of us would likely know each other if we were to meet.

AnOldBrownie

I'm a newb...but I've planted the seed so I'm stuck for the remainder of my life (and I'm 51 now).

My support may not be as strong some years as others, and I have two other teams (not including the USA national squad) that I follow every game...but I'm a White through and through moving forward.

The Khans, Dempsey...Fulham giving US players opportunities...great pitch...good history...oldest team in London... good youth development...

Yeah, I'm in.

Fulham Tup North

I went in the early 80's until I joined up. Then went again in '86/87 when I was based in Northwood (NATO base). Went in early 90's when I had a pub in Chingford. Then, '94 onwards since. I have seen some shocking games but still kept going back. Too institutionalised now to ever give up!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

kiwian

Been with them since 1966. Nearly gave up when we lost 2-1 to Torquay, but stayed with them and will till the end. What a journey it's been!
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Fulham 442

I was born in Fulham and taken to CC as a child by my Dad and have watched them play in all four divisions.  There was never a question of another team for me, nor will there ever be.  As has been said on here in other posts you never give up on your team no matter what league they are in.  If you do you were never a proper supporter in the first place!

Burt

Started following in 1974 so have been a regular through our darkest hours as well as our best. That's not going to stop any time soon, and having got Burt Jr in the Fulham way when he was 5 years old (he's 21 now) there will be someone to carry it on for me when I am past it or long gone :)

049:gif

bigalffc

Went to my first game in 58 aged 7. Born and bred in Fulham but moved away in the late 60's. Now go 4 or 5 times a year but bring son Daughter and 4 grandkids so it's in their blood now too. Can't do more as with travel and cost of tickets, drinks and burgers the day cost more than £300. But we love our family day out rain or shine, win or lose.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

cottage expat

Never give up !! I became a supporter in 1962 ( it was FFC or the Stamford Bridge lot and I made the right decision). Despite living abroad for years and not getting to many matches, I've stuck with the team through thick and thin and always will.

ffc73

Cannot ever foresee a time when I would stop supporting and dread the day when health &/or wealth mean that I cannot attend games in person

Westlondonffc

Fourth generation fan, dad took me when I was 6. Fulham to me is sacred and represents an attachment to the local community of the borough I grew up and still live in, despite the gentrification and multiculturalism of Hammersmith and Fulham and London. It's a continuation of my family and a big part of who I am, so until I'm not fit enough or priced out, you're stuck with me