watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kamara off to a fligher at Celtic...

Started by mrska, February 07, 2010, 05:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrska

Kamara scored after 20 mins on his debut for Celtic..  what were we thinking??  Nevland seems to of lost it. Elms is a tryer but is struggling at this level. Zamora confidence gained seems to be confindence lost after the injury!  Hope mr New Fella Mr miss a header from five yards out Okaka will come good.

A scrappy 1-0 win will do for me on Tuesday again!

Admin

Dean me old mucker we've seen it all before with Kamara! He's got something to prove at Celtic & will be good in his 1st couple of games. After this, you will see the same old Kamara, in & out of games, sulking when things don't go his way, out injured & making the odd bench appearance here & there... Nothing new & this is why Woy let him go. The timing was bad to be honest after being hit with the AJ news.

Don't worry, you will see him back at Fulham at the end of the season when Celtic figure this out. A fully fit, positive Kamara week in, week out yes. The Kamara we know no.

Okaka will come good trust me...

BarneyTravers

A fit player in Kamara was let go and we are forever bleating about our injuries.

Absolutly shocking decision and irrespective of the alleged mistake regarding the severity of the Johnson injury Roy didn't or doesn't rate Dio enough....thats why he is not here.

Madness.

finnster01

There's a reason Roy did not get along with Kamara, don't forget that. He would be more of a poison in the dressing room and on the training field than anything else. I fully understand why Roy did what he did. Not shocking at all, in fact I am surprised Dio lasted as long as he did. He is not coming back if Roy is still around, that's for sure.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Admin

Quote from: BarneyTravers on February 07, 2010, 05:59:09 PM
A fit player in Kamara was let go and we are forever bleating about our injuries.

Absolutly shocking decision and irrespective of the alleged mistake regarding the severity of the Johnson injury Roy didn't or doesn't rate Dio enough....thats why he is not here.

Madness.

Kamara can spend all the time he likes 'tip-toeing' around defenders of the Scottish Premier League standard. He's found his level in 'Championship' quality along with Tony Mowchops.

Admin

Quote from: finnster01 on February 07, 2010, 06:02:46 PM
There's a reason Roy did not get along with Kamara, don't forget that. He would be more of a poison in the dressing room and on the training field than anything else. I fully understand why Roy did what he did. Not shocking at all, in fact I am surprised Dio lasted as long as he did. He is not coming back if Roy is still around, that's for sure.

You will because Celtic won't buy him & we will have no other choice.

finnster01

You may be right, but I don't think so. They'll try to find someone paying something for him whilst he still has time left on our books.

However, putting a goal in the Dunfirmline or Kilmarnock net is not even on the same level as Championship.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

clintclintdeuce

He started last week and Celtic lost to St Mireen.

Have we found that Woy can only get along with a certian type of player? No reason to have let him go as far as im concerned, and we became much less of a squad with him gone.
The Dude abides.

LRCN

I don't think a reserve player going out on loan has ever caused such an over the top reaction. he was a decent player but he wasn't a saviour by any means.

clintclintdeuce

I thought he was one of our best players Lork, frozen out by an underachiving AJ. I always felt that when the chips were on the table, and we needed to put our "best 11" out there, he was one of the 2 strikers, and this has been over the last 3 years. 
The Dude abides.

Admin

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on February 07, 2010, 06:39:46 PM
I thought he was one of our best players Lork, frozen out by an underachiving AJ. I always felt that when the chips were on the table, and we needed to put our "best 11" out there, he was one of the 2 strikers, and this has been over the last 3 years. 

I don't understand why people rate Kamara, I really don't. Yes, on his day, he can be an absolute handful with lightening pace, quick thinking & a crsp shot but ON HIS DAY!!!

When he's fit & playing, you might get 1 good performance from him in 6. The other 5 (if he's not injured) he walks about with the sulks & can be one of the most laziest players ever. so frustrating....

O.K, Woy made a boo-boo on loaning him out as he would have been good cover but got caught with AJ. Now, I'm hoping Woy has learn't his lesson with AJ & we'll try & off load him in the summer & re-coupe some of that money.

On the other hand, Dio cost us 6 million. He's approximately on £35 - £40k a week, 29 years old, injury prone, un-predictable with under a year left on his contract. He walks after this season we will get fcuk all back from a player thats offered us very little. I appreciate his hard work/help in the great escape but he really is a bit-part-player on to much wages.

The reason why Woy loaned him out is to a) make some room on the wage bill b) make room to bring in a couple of players c) hopefully get some money back if Celtic fancy a tipple on him in the summer. If we get 3-4 million I'd be happy. At the end of the day, we are skint. most of that Smalling fee would have been swallowed paying back Woy's fcuk up on AJ's 11 million price tag.

Lighthouse

As pointed out on another thread Roy had very little to do with this bit of business. Roy was told AJ would be ok but Roy is no fool and would not have said yes unless the money men pushed it through. If Kamara was a lazy, nasty bit of work, he still has more natural skill than anybody we have at the club.

If we go down this will be, along with the injury problems, the lack if another forward and the lack of a right back the reason we all have a right to question the sanity of the decision to let Kamara go before we had a replacement in the club.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mrska

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on February 07, 2010, 06:18:52 PM
He started last week and Celtic lost to St Mireen.

Have we found that Woy can only get along with a certian type of player? No reason to have let him go as far as im concerned, and we became much less of a squad with him gone.

I stand corrected Clint Clint x

mrska

Quote from: Lork on February 07, 2010, 06:28:42 PM
I don't think a reserve player going out on loan has ever caused such an over the top reaction. he was a decent player but he wasn't a saviour by any means.

Lork he has scored some very important goals for us and some very skillful one at that.  The shower we had up front against Pompey were awful..  i'd of swapped anyone of them for Kamara.

Admin

Quote from: mrska on February 07, 2010, 07:25:08 PM

Lork he has scored some very important goals for us and some very skillful one at that.  The shower we had up front against Pompey were awful..  i'd of swapped anyone of them for Kamara.

Can we swap them for ya Mum?  ;)

SuffolkWhite

I think it is a cock up and we should be playing him right now, but with all the other injuries we at the mo I don't know that one player would make that much difference anyway.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

White Noise

Interestingly, he only played 65 minutes of the match. I seem to recall he was not really much of a 90 minute player at West Brom so it will be interesting to see how Tony Mowbray deploys him.

mrska

Quote from: Admin on February 07, 2010, 07:31:27 PM
Quote from: mrska on February 07, 2010, 07:25:08 PM

Can we swap them for ya Mum?  ;)

Only if we can have your mum in goal and your sisters across the midfield..  nothing would get past them...Bumder

LRCN

check out kamara's scoring record. he couldn't even cut it in serie B. if he's the answer then we're asking the wrong question.

Jimpav

Congrats to Kamara but in reality they were playing a team who are mid table in the division below. We're talking maybe league one or leauge two by English standards.

A Celtic supporting mate of mine was listening to the game and mentioned that the commentators described Kamara as getting into the final third but then stopping dead in his tracks. You can take the boy out of Fulham but not Fulham out of the boy!