News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro praises Fulham fans...best fans in the world!

Started by FFCpmd, April 20, 2019, 10:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCpmd

SSN interviewed Mitro at the end of the game today. Almost word for word, he said, 'even since we are relegated, the fans are unbelievable.....can say we have the best fans in the world. Everywhere we go, our stand is full, home too. World class.'

About our match preparation, he said, 'with Scotty we knew everything about them.' He sounded as enthusiastic as I've heard him.

As an aside, at about 65 mins in the match when we were knocking the ball around, Paul Merson on SSN, who was covering the match and admitted he'd not seen us play this year, said, 'Blimey, Fulham look like the Harlem Globetrotters!' (Blimey indeed!!!)

Roll on next season......

DevonFFC

H4usuallysitting

Mitro likes to be loved - I'd be surprised if he's going anywhere.... it's the club's decision if he goes.... can't see many leaving

Andy S

We already know Fulham supporters are the best in the world.

love4ffc

We just need to improve the squad over the summer so that Mitro is fed more up top.  He is such a beast at holding up the ball and getting others involved.  Can't help but think that him and Floyd up top with Tom sitting in behind them would kill the competition in the Championship. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: love4ffc on April 21, 2019, 12:52:39 AM
We just need to improve the squad over the summer so that Mitro is fed more up top.  He is such a beast at holding up the ball and getting others involved.  Can't help but think that him and Floyd up top with Tom sitting in behind them would kill the competition in the Championship.

The team needs to do better than Floyd Ayite up top on the left.   The championship isn't going to stagnate.  Every year teams need to improve and Fulham need to improve up top on the left (assuming Ryan is the starter on the right)   

love4ffc

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on April 21, 2019, 04:06:40 AM

The team needs to do better than Floyd Ayite up top on the left.   The championship isn't going to stagnate.  Every year teams need to improve and Fulham need to improve up top on the left.   The championship isn't going to stagnate.  Every year teams need to improve and Fulham need to improve up top on the left (assuming Ryan is the starter on the right)   

Absolutely agree with this.  Problem is this team needs to improve in every position on the pitch.  I would rather concentrate on the defense at this point then the offense.  If we can keep Mitro, Tom, Floyd and others in the offense then I think we will be ok.

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Mince n Tatties

The chant near the end from our fans was brill.
"One Nil To The Championship" 049:gif

hovewhite

We are the reason he will be at the club  next season!

Robbie

I fear he will go .... Brighton are desperate, West Ham need a new striker ...

sunburywhite

Quote from: Robbie on April 21, 2019, 09:02:19 AM
I fear he will go .... Brighton are desperate, West Ham need a new striker ...

Money talks and so do agents

Pay the agent the fee he would have got if he moved to instead make him stay
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Quote from: hovewhite on April 21, 2019, 06:45:30 AM
We are the reason he will be at the club  next season!
Important we let him know how much we love him in the remaining games, we may just persuade him to stay.

Mince n Tatties

I've heard from my uncles budgie who's friends with a parrot in the pet shop in Fulham Rd that he has no intention of leaving....Mind you the parrot is a bit of a gob,he attacks customers who try to buy him.

pj180e

Mitro does need to up his game for next season. I was at the game yesterday and he just seemed to lack interest in running to get forward to assist the other strikers and then would simply stroll back towards the centre area as if he was runnung on empty. Never saw that with the likes of Louis Saha, Steve Earle or Bobby Zamora etc.

:016:

Buffalo76

However complimentary Mitro is about the fans, that doesn't convince me he'll still be with us come August. Money does indeed talk when all is said and done. We'll have a much better chance of a quick return to the Premier League with him at the club but there'll be some clubs very interested in him.

YankeeJim

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on April 21, 2019, 04:06:40 AM

The team needs to do better than Floyd Ayite up top on the left.   The championship isn't going to stagnate.  Every year teams need to improve and Fulham need to improve up top on the left (assuming Ryan is the starter on the right)

I'll looking forward to Mitro up top and Sess and a well behaved Ak running alongside next season. We'll break scoring records. Course, I expect to win the lotto this week as well.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Luka

That's the sort of emotional comment you get from a player who's on his way.
I got a feeling we won't have him next season.

Denver Fulham

More interesting discussion point: If Mitro stays and we somehow bounce right back up to the Premier League, would the club then want to keep him as the primary striker for that 2020-21 PL season given what we saw this year regarding how his lack of pace was an issue in this league?

I love Mitro, but I wonder about the viability of building a team around his strengths in the top division. He may fit in better in a side like Everton than a promoted one.

Luka

He gets out paced by even the slower defenders in this league, as seen on more than one occasion against Bournemouth.
I got a lot of time for Rafa Benitez and his view on football and players. He didn't see Mitrovic as a  PL striker. Probably the right call.
I also got a lot of time for Mitrovic and always will, but this league requires speed and agility not just strength. Both of which  he has missing from his armoury.

Wingnut

Quote from: Luka on April 21, 2019, 06:14:43 PM
That's the sort of emotional comment you get from a player who's on his way.
I got a feeling we won't have him next season.

Looked very emotional celebrating in front of us. Got the impression that he thought that was going to be his last goal for us at the time.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.