News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

184 Groundhog Days (Or One Chance to Change This Season For Better)

Started by toshes mate, April 26, 2019, 12:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Your bedside alarm buzzes.  The face of the alarm reads 6.00am, Sat 26/5/18. It's a lovely morning. 

Jess Glynne's 'I'll Be There' plays on the alarm's radio and as she sings 'You'll never be alone, I'll be there for you', you remember it's the big match day, and, by tea time your mood will either be one of joy or one of pain.  The Championship Playoff Final at Wembley and a chance of promotion to the Premier League, a prospect that had seemed so unreal just six months before. 

... Time moves on ...

It is now the morning of Sun 25/11/18, SiA's 'I'm Still Here' is playing on the radio and yet something of a nightmare has replaced the thoughts of Premier League success.  Ranieri's team has, the night before, just beaten Saints 3-2, Mitrovic scoring a brace, FFC are no longer bottom of the table, and a win was really welcome.  But, deep down in your gut, you feel something is just not quite right about the way events have panned out during the six months since May. You wish you could play out the whole period all over again and change just one thing to make the whole outcome a much more fitting tribute to the triumph at Wembley.

You close your eyes, fall asleep, and dream ...

Your bedside alarm buzzes.  The face of the alarm reads 6.00am, Sat 26/5/18. It's a lovely morning ....

What one thing would you change at any time between 26 May and 25 November knowing that, whatever it is, it will happen, and will change everything else that happens after it?

My one change would be for SK to announce, on 1/7/18, that he has managed to retain the whole Wembley team (including Ryan Fredericks) for the entire 2018/19 PL season. 

What would you want to change?

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I wouldn't change a damn thing. Through thick and thin (harder for my ex wife to say!) and relegation and promotion.
It's all what makes Fulham, Fulham. Without all the fulhamish dramas, we'd just be another team from West London.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Cornishnick

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on April 26, 2019, 01:05:14 PM
I wouldn't change a damn thing. Through thick and thin (harder for my ex wife to say!) and relegation and promotion.
It's all what makes Fulham, Fulham. Without all the fulhamish dramas, we'd just be another team from West London.

I'd go along with that. Haven't found much enjoyment this year but the lows do make the highs even better - exhibit a m'lud - day out at Wembley last year.