Liverpool
5 - 0 Huddersfield

WhiteJC

Fulham v Cardiff City
SAT 27 APR 2019   PREMIER LEAGUE
Venue: Craven Cottage

Fit-again Fulham defender Alfie Mawson could play for the first time in 2019
TEAM NEWS

Fulham defender Alfie Mawson is in contention to play for the first time since sustaining a knee injury while putting on his boots in late December.

Tom Cairney should be available after missing out last weekend following the birth of his child, but Andre Schurrle could be absent for the same reason.

Cardiff midfielder Joe Ralls tore his hamstring against Liverpool last week and will not play again this season.

Harry Arter has been nursing a calf strain and will be assessed.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

@SteveBowercomm: It's 'now or never' time for Cardiff, a scenario no one envisaged them even being in back in August.

The odds are still stacked against Neil Warnock's side but a win at Craven Cottage would keep hopes alive and also increase the pressure on Brighton kicking off later at home to Newcastle. Chris Hughton's team would then be out of the drop zone only on goal difference by the time they began at the Amex.

The Bluebirds won't be short on effort or spirit but have they got the goals in them to pull it off?

They face a Fulham side who have belatedly come to life with back-to-back wins and successive clean sheets, momentum that Scott Parker will be determined for them to maintain.

VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT

Fulham caretaker manager Scott Parker on Cardiff: "They come on Saturday fighting for their lives, and I'm looking at this game thinking it's probably one of the toughest we've had, certainly since I've been here, due to the manager we're facing and the fact the team is scrapping.

"To be where they are with three games left is, I think, a massive achievement, and that's not being disrespectful in any way to Cardiff and their players, and Neil.

"If anything, I think it shows what a great job he's personally done and what that group of players have done."

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock: "I know it sounds silly because you'd think there would be more pressure on us, but since the Chelsea game the shackles have been off us.

"We just think we'll do what we can now and what will be will be.

"We played like that at Brighton, and I'd be quite happy if we played like we have done the last few weeks."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Win, and Cardiff will put the pressure on Brighton, who play later on Saturday, but I actually think this could be a difficult afternoon for the Welsh side.

Prediction: 2-1

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Fulham suffered their first defeat in eight meetings in all competitions last October when Cardiff won the reverse fixture 4-2.
Cardiff have won all three Premier League meetings, including by a 2-1 scoreline at Craven Cottage in 2013.
The Bluebirds have scored in 19 successive league matches against Fulham since a 2-0 away defeat in the third tier 30 years ago.

Fulham

Relegated Fulham could equal their club record of three consecutive Premier League victories. which they last achieved in March 2012.
They have kept successive clean sheets, as many as they managed in their previous 37 games in the top flight.
The Cottagers have won all four home matches this season against the other teams currently in the bottom six of the table.
Aleksandar Mitrovic ended a nine-match run without a goal last weekend. He has scored the winner in five of his team's six league victories this season - the highest percentage of any player in the division.
Ryan Babel has been directly involved in each of Fulham's last five league goals at Craven Cottage, scoring two and setting up three.

Cardiff City

Cardiff have lost seven of their past nine league games, conceding at least twice in each defeat but keeping clean sheets when winning the other two matches.
The Bluebirds could earn successive top-flight away victories for the first time since February 1957, having beaten Brighton in their most recent game on the road.
They are unbeaten in all seven league matches this season against the rest of the current bottom five, winning five and drawing two.
Their only victory in 11 Premier League fixtures in London came at Fulham in September 2013 (D1, L9).
Cardiff have lost 22 league games in 2018-19, one shy of the club record for most top-flight defeats in a season. That was set in 1956-57.
Neil Warnock has never won a league match away to Fulham in 10 attempts (D3, L7).
Bobby Reid has scored in each of his four league starts against Fulham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47994862

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Fulham Flutter

The Fulham Flutter is the online raffle that makes winners of Fulham supporters by half-time. The raffle also gives back to the community, with proceeds from every ticket sold going to the Club's official charity, Fulham FC Foundation.

Launched in January 2019, the raffle has made 18 Fulham supporters winners so far and also raised invaluable funds for the FFC Foundation, meaning we can do more of what matters in our community.

The Flutter will return this Saturday when Fulham host Cardiff at the Cottage for the penultimate home game of the season, and there are three prizes available to win, which include:

•          1966 World Cup poster signed by Sir Geoff Hurst: An official 1966 World Cup poster signed by the England legend

•          Cash Jackpot: 30% of the total pot to one lucky winner

•          Signed shirt: signed home Fulham FC shirt by the 18/19 squad

Buy your online ticket from £2 for Fulham v Cardiff

Purchase your tickets and help us in our aim of building better lives through sport. Fulham Football Club Foundation is the award-winning charitable arm of Fulham FC, and home to FFC Women. As the Official Charity Partner of the Club, we build better lives through sport by delivering education, health, inclusion and sports participation programmes, and in doing so engage more than 12,000 people each season. Read more about the Foundation's programmes here.

Please gamble responsibly. Be Gamble Aware.

T+C's Apply 16+

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/april/26/fulham-flutter

WhiteJC

Parker expecting Cardiff to provide 'one of the toughest' games of the season

Fulham caretaker boss Scott Parker believes tackling Cardiff as they fight to stay in the Premier League will be as tough as any game the team have faced this season.

The Cottagers' own fate was sealed at the start of April, following Huddersfield back to the Championship.

Which side will join them in dropping out of the top flight, though, has yet to be confirmed.

Cardiff gave their survival bid a shot in the arm with victory at Brighton, before then losing at home against title challengers Liverpool last weekend.

With just three points between them and the Seagulls, Neil Warnock's men will be desperate for a maximum return from their trip to Craven Cottage.

Fulham have won both of their matches since relegation was confirmed with a 4-1 defeat at Watford, but Parker – who replaced Claudio Ranieri at the end of February – knows just what challenge awaits on Saturday.

"They come on Saturday fighting for their lives, and I'm looking at this game thinking it's probably one of the toughest we've had, certainly since I've been here, due to the manager we're facing and the fact the team is scrapping," Parker said.

"I think we realise the challenge and we'll get that message into the players for the weekend."

Parker continued at a press conference reported by the club: "I think they've done remarkably well, and full credit to Neil for what he has done at the football club.

"Because to be where they are with three games left is, I think, a massive achievement, and that's not being disrespectful in any way to Cardiff and their players, and Neil.

"If anything I think it shows what a great job he's personally done, and what that group of players have done."

Fulham have yet to confirm who will be in charge next season as the west London club look to regroup and mount another sustained promotion challenge.

Despite the uncertainty around his own future role, Parker will continue to strive for a successful end to a campaign which had promised so much but failed to deliver.

"For me personally as a little nugget it would be pleasing to win three in a row, but ultimately for the football club and as a team, that's what pleases us most," said Parker, who could have defender Alfie Mawson back in contention following a long-term knee problem.

"The football club is a happier place after two wins, and ultimately that's the biggest joy for me.

"I often say that the starting XI are the face of the football club, but behind the scenes there are a lot of people who work tremendously hard up to that point on a Saturday to try and get three points so that they come in Monday morning with a smile on their face.

"Certainly at this point in the season, in the predicament we are in, that is massive.

"It would mean a lot to everyone to win again on the weekend."

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/parker-expecting-cardiff-provide-one-toughest-games-season#jCOVYSi68V2DuVf1.99

WhiteJC

How About A Compromise Ryan When It Comes To Your Fulham Future

After tasting life in the top-flight of English football, can we really blame Ryan Sessegnon if he were to decide a life at Craven Cottage isn't the one, he wishes to pursue?

Sessegnon, just 18-years-of-age knows nothing other than life at Fulham but realises that the talent he possesses deserves to be displayed on the big stage.

Matters are further complicated by the fact that Sessegnon's contract expires at the end of next season and if the player opts not to sign a new one then Fulham could lose him for nothing in the summer of 2020.

When pressed on his future, as reported by Sky Sports, Ryan was giving nothing away when he simply remarked:

"I'm still a Fulham player, contracted until 2020.

"So I'm still a Fulham player and in terms of that, that's all I can say at the moment."

Not the words we were hoping to read.

However, could there be a compromise on the horizon?

Perhaps Fulham could come to a deal with Ryan whereby he puts pen-to-paper on a new deal, with the deal inferring that if the club don't get promoted back to the Premier League, next season, a clause can be activated that would enable a sale to be conducted whereby Ryan could leave for a reasonable fee.

Or is that too much to ask?

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/how-about-a-compromise-ryan-when-it-comes-to-your-fulham-future/

WhiteJC

Omogbehin: Do Our Bit

Fulham Under-18s will also prepare for their last game of the Premier League South season as title hopefuls Arsenal travel to Motspur Park on Saturday morning.

The final game marks the third time we have faced Arsenal this season following the clash in the PL Cup. This, combined with the other league encounter, notched up 12 goals in total in what is likely to be another entertaining game.

The Young Whites go into the game on the back of four successive defeats. The most recent one coming in a thrilling 4-3 defeat at Chelsea. The highest the Under-18s can now finish in the league is eighth place with some impressive results against Spurs, Chelsea and West Ham coming along the way.

The Current Picture:
Arsenal lead Spurs at the summit of the league by a solitary point. Spurs face Leicester on the other side of London. If the Young Whites take any form of result away from Saturday's game, it could cost The Gunners the league title.

View From the Gaffer:
Colin Omogbehin has half an eye on gate-crashing the Arsenal celebrations on Saturday and obtaining a positive result heading into the close season.

"A lot of people will look at the game on Saturday and think it's the last game of the season and they're in a position to go and win the league." He told fulhamfc.com. "We will be looking to do our bit and work on the things we have been and try and take points off of them.

"We've always tried to test players whether that's Under-16s playing in the 18s, or 18s playing in the 23s. We always try to brace them for development. The likes of Idris (Odutayo) and Parksey (Stefan Parkes) have been around our squad.

"The main thing to see from this season is that it has been a mixed bag. There have been some excellent moments where we felt we have had our foot in games and then managed to win them. We've drawn a couple we should have won. The games we have lost there were times where we felt we had control.

"I think there are big moments in games. During those you need to take advantage. When it's been 0-0 and had three or four opportunities to relieve pressure but we end up conceding.

"We haven't been as strong in adversity and lost our way a little bit. If we can toughen up mentally going into next season we will have a very productive one."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/april/26/u18s-arsenal-preview

WhiteJC

Tottenham Hotspur must push for Ryan Sessegnon after coy comments about his Fulham future

Spurs are believed to be one of several top European sides keen on Sessegnon. Can Mauricio Pochettino bring him to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?

Tottenham Hotspur reported target Ryan Sessegnon has provided a coy response regarding his future with Fulham following the West London club's relegation from the Premier League.

The 18-year-old was instrumental in the Cottagers' surge up the Championship table and subsequent playoff triumph at Wembley Stadium last season.

However, Fulham were relegated earlier this month with five games remaining, and Sessegnon has been linked with several Premier League clubs including Spurs.

According to The Sun, the full-back has been attracting interest from Tottenham and Manchester United, as well as French Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain.

The report also says Borussia Dortmund are watching Sessegnon's situation carefully and would consider signing him on a free transfer in 2020 if he runs his contract down.

Sessegnon's current contract at Craven Cottage runs until the end of the next season, but, if the player declines a new deal, Fulham are then faced with the dilemma of cashing in on him or retaining his services and losing him for little money further down the line.

When asked about his future by Sky Sports News, Sessegnon replied: "I'm still a Fulham player, contracted until 2020. So I'm still a Fulham player and in terms of that, that's all I can say at the moment."

Italian Serie A champions Juventus have also been linked with Sessegnon (Daily Express) and Fulham are said to want £40million for his services, so if Mauricio Pochettino wants him, he must prepare for a big transfer battle this summer as some of the continent's big hitters all appear keen on him.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/04/26/tottenham-fulham-ryan-sessegnon-coy-future/

WhiteJC

Dads & Daughters

Daughter and Dads has launched, and it's not too late to join us!

Father figures, team up with your Daughter to become healthier and more active by joining us to participate in physical activity from rough and tumble play, sports skills, fitness and much more at Merton Abbey Primary School.

All participants receive a Daughter and Dads t-shirt, a fun handbook to take home, and 10 free weeks with Fulham FC Foundation coaches.

To book your space please follow this link.

Come along to have fun, get active and bond with your daughter!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/april/26/dads-and-daughters

WhiteJC

Six decades of Cardiff City v Fulham matches.

Six questions about our next opponents from every decade going back to the sixties, I'll post the answers on here tomorrow.

60s. Reds in harmony for Fulham man who suffered a permanent loss of hearing in one ear as a result of an injury sustained while scoring for them.

70s. This Glaswegian played in a Cup Final for City and one of his pretty rare starts for us came in a game against Fulham in this decade – he reached another Final, in the Anglo Italian Cup, for the team he signed for after leaving us, but can you name him?

80s. The man on the left of this picture is shown being welcomed to his new job in 2015 – it's a role he still holds to this day at a club that plays in the Premier League. During his playing career, he stayed at one club long enough to be granted a testimonial and he also scored for City in a game against Fulham during this decade, who is he?

90s. The man pictured played for City against Fulham in the 90s and currently is a Head of Department with the player's union, the PFA, do you recognise him?

00s. Can you identify the player being described here?

Starting off with his home town club, this midfielder gradually worked his way up the footballing ladder in his home country before a move to a wine region where he stayed for three years before turning up in London with some old soldiers. Loan moves to the sites of two historical ships followed before he swapped one capital city for another with a move back home. Good enough to have won more than fifty caps for his country, he returned to London to play a season at Fulham before going into politics in his homeland upon his retirement just over ten years ago.

10s. He's made five appearances against City during this decade with four of them, including one in the Premier League, being for Fulham. He played against us in a derby game last season and has scored in four of his current club's last five matches, but can you name him?

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/six-decades-of-cardiff-city-v-fulham-matches-9/

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Cardiff preview: Scott Parker expects 'one of the toughest' games of the season
Watch match highlights on the Sky Sports app from 5.15pm

Fulham caretaker boss Scott Parker believes tackling Cardiff as they fight to stay in the Premier League will be one of the toughest games his side have faced this season.

The Cottagers' own fate was sealed at the start of April, following Huddersfield back to the Championship. Which side will join them in dropping out of the top flight, though, has yet to be confirmed.

Cardiff gave their survival bid a shot in the arm with victory at Brighton, before then losing at home against title challengers Liverpool last weekend.

With just three points between them and the Seagulls, Neil Warnock's men will be desperate for a maximum return from their trip to Craven Cottage.

Fulham have won both of their matches since relegation was confirmed with a 4-1 defeat at Watford, but Parker - who replaced Claudio Ranieri at the end of February - knows just what challenge awaits on Saturday.

"They come on Saturday fighting for their lives, and I'm looking at this game thinking it's probably one of the toughest we've had, certainly since I've been here, due to the manager we're facing and the fact the team is scrapping," Parker said.

"I think we realise the challenge and we'll get that message into the players for the weekend."

Warnock has admitted he is surprised Cardiff are still fighting for Premier League survival, and says his team have the opportunity to make "history".

He said: "I think you have got to be [surprised] really from the situation we have been in since day one. We knew it was going to be difficult but one-by-one we have overcome all the doom and gloom predictions.

"We've enjoyed it. We've still got our biggest challenge ahead. It's an opportunity for the lads to write their names in history.

"The pundits did not give us any hope of staying up, and quite rightly so when you look at our different circumstances compared to other clubs. We've never thrown the towel in, even with heavy defeats.

"We appreciate what our fans have been like, they have been with us the whole way and if anything they have got louder and louder.

"They can forgive other things if you are trying hard. We've really put every ounce in. Whatever happens this season it would be one of my biggest achievements.

"I think the players are the same. You can point at our mistakes but all I have asked is they do their best week in, week out."

Team news

Fulham could have defender Alfie Mawson back in contention following a long-term knee problem for the visit of relegation battlers Cardiff.

Midfielder Tom Cairney should be available again after missing last weekend's win at Bournemouth following the birth of his child. Andre Schurrle may sit out Saturday's game as his wife is due to have their baby.

On-loan Manchester United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah continues his recovery from a knee ligament problem, while goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli (knee) and midfielder Lazar Markovic (calf) are also in rehabilitation.

Cardiff midfielder Joe Ralls has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with a hamstring injury while Harry Arter is facing a battle to recover from a calf strain.

Callum Paterson (ankle) and Sol Bamba (knee) remain long-term absentees.

Opta stats

Fulham have lost just one of their last eight meetings with Cardiff in all competitions (W3 D4), though it was the reverse fixture back in October (2-4).
    Cardiff have won all three of their Premier League meetings with Fulham, picking up a 2-1 victory in their only previous visit to Craven Cottage in the competition.
    The home side haven't lost any of the last 23 Premier League meetings between two promoted clubs (W15 D8), since Leicester won 1-0 at Burnley in April 2015. The last seven sides to win away at a fellow promoted side have all avoided relegation.
    Cardiff have lost nine of their 11 previous Premier League games in London (W1 D1 L9), with their only victory in the capital coming at Fulham in September 2013.
    Fulham have won their last two Premier League games, last winning three in a row in the competition back in March 2012 under Martin Jol.
    Fulham have kept a clean sheet in their last two Premier League games, as many as they had in their previous 37 games in the competition.
    Cardiff have lost seven of their last nine league games (W2), conceding at least twice in each loss while keeping a clean sheet in both wins.
    Cardiff are looking to secure back-to-back top-flight away wins for the first time since February 1957, having won at Brighton in their last game on the road.
    Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored the winning goal in five of Fulham's six Premier League victories this season. The Serbian has scored the highest percentage of his side's winners among all players in the competition this season (83%).
    Cardiff's Bobby Reid has scored in each of his four league starts against Fulham in the league, also providing an assist in the Bluebirds' 4-2 win in the reverse fixture in October. In fact, against no side has he scored more league goals than he has against Fulham (4).

Merson's prediction

Cardiff have to win and hope that Brighton don't beat Newcastle in the late game, it's that simple. I watched Fulham against Bournemouth and they were the better team, the keeper made a few good saves but they deserved to win.

https://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-cardiff/preview/391110

WhiteJC

Neil Warnock believes pressure is off Cardiff in relegation battle

Neil Warnock feels Cardiff can escape relegation from the Premier League as the "shackles have been off" since their controversial defeat to Chelsea.

Cardiff head to relegated Fulham on Saturday three points adrift of Brighton, who occupy the final safety spot and have a superior goal difference to the Bluebirds with three games left to play.

But Cardiff are in better form than the Seagulls, who have gone seven games without scoring, and Warnock believes the pressure has been lifted since the 2-1 home defeat to Chelsea last month.

Cardiff were winning that game 1-0 when Cesar Azpilicueta's late equaliser was allowed to stand, despite the Spaniard clearly standing in an offside position.

"I know it sounds silly because you'd think there would be more pressure on us," Cardiff manager Warnock said.

"But since the Chelsea game the shackles have been off us.

"We just think we'll do what we can now and what will be will be.

"We played like that at Brighton, and I can't ask anymore of the players.

"I'll be happy if the players just play like they have been over the last couple of weeks."

Cardiff gave a good account of themselves in losing 2-0 to title-chasing Liverpool last weekend.

That defeat came on the back of a 2-0 victory at Brighton, which dragged Chris Hughton's side firmly into the relegation picture.

Brighton entertain Newcastle on Saturday before finishing their campaign away to Arsenal and at home to champions Manchester City.

After Fulham, Cardiff conclude their season at home to Crystal Palace and away to Manchester United.

"With us, nobody has expected us to be in with a shout (of staying up)," Warnock said.

"It's hard at the bottom, and one or two others have clawed their way out of danger.

"But one by one we have overcome all the doom and gloom and predictions and we've enjoyed it.

"We still have our biggest challenge ahead and I've got to say it's an opportunity for the lads to write their names in history.

"I think everybody knows the pundits didn't give us any chance whatsoever of staying up, and quite rightly so when you look at the different circumstances between ourselves and the other clubs.

"But we've never ever thrown the towel in. Even with heavy defeats we've had, we've always come back and tried to get back."

Cardiff will be without Joe Ralls for the rest of the season after scans revealed that the midfielder tore his hamstring against Liverpool.

Harry Arter is also struggling to recover from a calf strain which has ruled the Republic of Ireland international out of the last two games.

But Warnock joked that Arter has been banned from this week's preparations given his links to Fulham and their manager Scott Parker.

"Harry's brother-in-law is Scott Parker," Warnock said.

"So we're banning him from watching us train this week, just in case he's after going to Fulham next year!"

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/neil-warnock-believes-pressure-cardiff-relegation-battle#uZCXErLclCcI5WaD.99

WhiteJC

Match preview – Will Arsenal U18s win the league against Fulham?

It is nine years since Arsenal U18s last won the title, but that could change tomorrow when they face Fulham away.

If Ken Gillard's side manage to secure victory at Motspur Park then they will certainly be crowned champions of the southern section, although if they drop points then they will have to keep an eye on how Tottenham Hotspur, who are also challenging for the title, fare against Leicester City.

Arsenal are one point clear going into the final round of fixtures and have produced some sensational performances this season, which has included two 8-0 victories in recent weeks.

In contrast to many previous seasons, the young Gunners have been more resilient at the back, while they have remained as potent as ever in attack, with Folarin Balogun scoring with regularity, while the likes of Sam Greenwood and Trae Coyle have also made significant contributions.

Arsenal are also able to call upon more experienced players such as Bukayo Saka, Xavier Amaechi and Tyreece John-Jules, although if the trio are involved against Fulham then it is likely that they will be used from the bench.

Despite having to cope with a managerial change earlier in the season when Kwame Ampadu left to join Monaco, Arsenal have enjoyed an excellent season and now they must ensure that they are rewarded for their efforts.

Fulham, who have a strong academy, certainly won't be pushovers, but Arsenal should have enough quality to secure victory, and, with it, the title.

Without wishing to look too far ahead, if Arsenal do manage to prevail then their opponents in the overall final could be Liverpool, who last night won the FA Youth Cup by overcoming Manchester City on penalties.

Arsenal's own FA Youth Cup campaign came to an early end as they were surprisingly knocked out in the fifth round by West Bromwich Albion, when Balogun admitted that he and his team-mates were too complacent.

It is hoped that Arsenal will have learned their lesson from that experience as they head into tomorrow's crucial clash.

Possible Arsenal team: T. Smith; Daley-Campbell, McGuinness, Clarke, Swanson; M. Smith, Azeez; Greenwood, Cottrell, Coyle; Balogun. Subs: Hillson, Ogungbo, Amaechi, Saka, John-Jules.

https://arseblog.news/2019/04/match-preview-will-arsenal-u18s-win-the-league-against-fulham/

WhiteJC

What every possible Fulham v Cardiff City and Brighton v Newcastle United result will mean as relegation battle could end

The Premier League table will look very different by around 7.15pm on Saturday

Cardiff City will look to pile the pressure on relegation rivals Brighton this Saturday by picking up a vital win against Fulham at Craven Cottage.

A win would take the Bluebirds level on points with the Seagulls, at least for a short while, with Chris Hughton's men welcoming Newcastle United to the Amex in the evening kick-off.

If Brighton can beat the Magpies and Cardiff lose to Scott Parker's side, Cardiff will be more or less relegated due to inferior goal-difference. However, if those results are flipped, it's all on for the Bluebirds.

Here's everything you need to know about both games.

What time is kick-off?

The match at Craven Cottage kicks off at 3pm on Saturday, April 27, with the Brighton game kicking off at 5:30pm on the same day.

Are they on TV?

Unfortunately for Cardiff fans, their game isn't on live TV.

However, you can follow all the action from our live blog, which will be on our Cardiff City page from around 12pm.

Highlights will be shown on BBC's Match of the Day at 10:25pm UK time, with the episode then becoming available on BBC iPlayer later in the week.

Despite this, Cardiff fans will be keeping a keen eye on things in Brighton, with their game being broadcast live on BT Sport 1 from 5pm on Saturday. You can also follow this live on WalesOnline.

What do these games mean for both clubs? 

We really are at crunch point now for Cardiff City. 

If results go badly this weekend, Cardiff will effectively be gone. Here's the table, the different permutations and what they mean below.

Cardiff lose and Brighton win: The gap will be six points with two matches to go and Brighton's goal difference will be at least 15 better than Cardiff's. It would all be over really.

Cardiff win and Brighton lose: The teams will be level on points heading into the final two fixtures. With Cardiff at home to Crystal Palace and away to Man United, and Brighton facing a trip to Arsenal before welcoming Man City on the final day, the Bluebirds would arguably be favourites to stay up despite their inferior goal difference.

In this scenario, even a draw against Crystal Palace and a defeat at Old Trafford might well be enough to survive.

Cardiff win and Brighton draw: This scenario would leave Brighton one point ahead going into the final two games and mean Cardiff will have to win again, or get two draws, to have a chance of staying up.

Cardiff draw and Brighton win: Cardiff wouldn't be finished yet but they would need to win both their final two matches and hope Brighton don't pick up another point.     

Cardiff lose and Brighton draw: Cardiff would be four points behind with one game left and would need to win both of their final matches while hoping Brighton don't pick up more than one more point.

Cardiff draw and Brighton lose: The gap would be cut to two points with two games to play. Cardiff could survive with one more win if Brighton lost their final two games.

Both teams win, lose or draw: Cardiff would remain three points behind but, because of that inferior goal difference, they would need at least four points from their final two matches.

Any other teams Cardiff can catch? 

There is still a chance that Southampton could be relegated as they are only six points ahead of Cardiff with nine still to play for. If they were to lose all their remaining fixtures, Cardiff could overtake them with two wins and a draw from their final three matches, for example.

Southampton are at home to Bournemouth on Saturday (3pm).

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-every-possible-fulham-v-16185170

WhiteJC

Fulham forward agrees five-year deal with new club ahead of summer, front page news

Fulham striker Luciano Vietto makes the front page story of Portuguese newspaper Record today.

According to the outlet, the player has agreed a five-year deal with Sporting, and will be joining the Lisbon side in the summer.

Vietto actually belongs to Atletico Madrid, who loaned him to Fulham until the end of the season. However, the fact he's scored only one goal for the Cottagers didn't help his chances of a permanent move, especially with the club now relegated.

The player has agreed to receive a salary of €2m per season at Sporting, and only needs to sort the performance bonuses before the deal is completely closed.

Sporting are not paying a penny for the transfer, according to Record. Atletico Madrid owed the Lions some money for the transfer of Gelson Martins at the start of the season, and have agreed to pay a fee of €20m plus Vietto.

Although Vietto was quick on leaving Fulham before the end of the season, it doesn't really sound like the Cottagers will be missing him much either.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-forward-agrees-five-year-deal-new-club-ahead-summer-front-page-news/

WhiteJC

Bartley's Match Facts: Fulham vs. Cardiff City

Hey Junior Bluebirds! On Saturday we're playing against Fulham at Craven Cottage! If you're going to watch our boys play then I hope you have a safe journey and enjoy the match! With Saturday's big game in mind, let's have a look at some facts about both teams!

Bartley's must-know Match Facts for Fulham vs. Cardiff City

* Fulham's top goalscorer so far this season is Aleksandar Mitrovic! The Serbian striker has scored eleven times for the side this season, having joined them from Newcastle United in 2018.

* The Cottagers were promoted to the Premier League last season alongside City and Wolves! They were promoted through the play-offs after finishing third on the Championship table, beating Aston Villa in the play-off final. They'll play in the Championship again for the 2019/20 campaign.

* Scott Parker is Fulham's caretaker manager. The former midfielder was also a player at the Club between 2013-17, and made over 100 appearances for the side!

* Fulham's longest spell in the Premier League came between 2001-14, during which time they won the UEFA Intertoto Cup and were runners-up in the 2010 UEFA Europa League!

* Fulham lost the 2010 UEFA Europa League Final at a score of 2-1 against Atlético Madrid after extra time, which took place at the HSH Nordbank Arena in Hamburg. Former Wales international player Simon Davies scored for the London-based side!

* The Bluebirds got their first win of the 2018/19 season against Fulham in October! Neil Warnock's men beat the Whites 4-2 at CCS, with Josh Murphy, Bobby Decordova-Reid, Callum Paterson and Kadeem Harris all scoring for City!

* The last Cardiff City player to score at Craven Cottage was Danny Ward! The striker's header meant that the Bluebirds came away from the match with a point, drawing 1-1 in September 2017.

* Neil Etheridge began his senior career at Fulham! City's #1 made one appearance for the club in a UEFA Europa League match against Odense Boldklub in 2011.

* Tom Cairney is Fulham's club captain! The midfielder helped his side to the Premier League last season by scoring the winning goal in the play-off final at Wembley Stadium.

* The Bluebirds will be determined to stop Ryan Sessegnon. The 18-year old has played five times against Cardiff City - and has netted on each occasion.

* Sean Morrison has been Cardiff City's captain since August 2016! The defender has made almost 200 appearances for the Bluebirds in all competitions, including 31 starts this season!

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/bartleys-match-facts-fulham-vs.-cardiff-city/

WhiteJC

Fulham v Cardiff City. Match preview

Cardiff cannot mathematically get relegated on Saturday if they lose and Brighton win but the goal difference would mean it was inevitable. But on the other hand a Cardiff win and a Brighton defeat would swing the odds around in Cardiff's favour.

City play at 3pm at Craven Cottage against already relegated Fuham. The Cottagers, with pressure lifted from them, have won their last two games and will not be an easy opponent for the Bluebirds.

Brighton are at home to Newcastle at 5:30pm.

Cardiff must gain four more points than Brighton in the final three matches.

Cardiiff are away at Fulham, home to Palace and away at Man Utd.

Brighton are at home to Newcastle, away at Arsenal and home to Man City on the final day.

Team news:

Fulham could have defender Alfie Mawson back in contention following a long-term knee problem for the visit of relegation battlers Cardiff.

Midfielder Tom Cairney should be available again after missing last weekend's win at Bournemouth following the birth of his child. Andre Schurrle may sit out Saturday's game as his wife is due to have their baby.

On-loan Manchester United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah continues his recovery from a knee ligament problem, while goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli (knee) and midfielder Lazar Markovic (calf) are also in rehabilitation.

Cardiff midfielder Joe Ralls has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with a hamstring injury while Harry Arter is facing a battle to recover from a calf strain.

Callum Paterson (ankle) and Sol Bamba (knee) remain long-term absentees.

Opta stats:

Fulham have lost just one of their last eight meetings with Cardiff in all competitions (W3 D4), though it was the reverse fixture back in October (2-4).

Cardiff have won all three of their Premier League meetings with Fulham, picking up a 2-1 victory in their only previous visit to Craven Cottage in the competition.

The home side haven't lost any of the last 23 Premier League meetings between two promoted clubs (W15 D8), since Leicester won 1-0 at Burnley in April 2015. The last seven sides to win away at a fellow promoted side have all avoided relegation.

Cardiff have lost nine of their 11 previous Premier League games in London (W1 D1 L9), with their only victory in the capital coming at Fulham in September 2013.

Fulham have won their last two Premier League games, last winning three in a row in the competition back in March 2012 under Martin Jol.

Fulham have kept a clean sheet in their last two Premier League games, as many as they had in their previous 37 games in the competition.

Cardiff have lost seven of their last nine league games (W2), conceding at least twice in each loss while keeping a clean sheet in both wins.

Cardiff are looking to secure back-to-back top-flight away wins for the first time since February 1957, having won at Brighton in their last game on the road.

Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored the winning goal in five of Fulham's six Premier League victories this season. The Serbian has scored the highest percentage of his side's winners among all players in the competition this season (83%).

Cardiff's Bobby Reid has scored in each of his four league starts against Fulham in the league, also providing an assist in the Bluebirds' 4-2 win in the reverse fixture in October. In fact, against no side has he scored more league goals than he has against Fulham (4).

Match officials:

Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Daniel Cook, Marc Perry
Fourth official: Michael Oliver

http://www.footymad.com/cardiff-city/news/tmnw/fulham_v_cardiff_city_match_preview_930685/index.shtml

WhiteJC

AMBITION Scott Parker EXCLUSIVE: Fulham caretaker wants permanent manager job and aspires to be on same level as Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp

If he does not remain in charge of the Cottagers, the former midfielder wants to stay and forge a long career in football management

Scott Parker has told talkSPORT he wants to continue as Fulham manager next season, but is yet to discuss his future with the relegated club's owners.

The interim boss, who replaced Claudio Ranieri in February, has boosted his chances of landing the permanent job by guiding the Cottagers to back-to-back Premier League wins over Everton and Bournemouth.

According to reports Parker has the full support of his dressing room, with Fulham players apparently keen for the former captain to remain in charge in the Championship next season.

While he could not prevent the club's relegation from the top flight, with the damage done long before he arrived, Parker has lifted the mood at Craven Cottage and has got the team fighting again.

The former England international is eager to continue his good work at Fulham, although admits he would be open to taking another job if the club's hierarchy decide to pursue other options.

He has revealed, though, that he has already begun to plan for the club's pre-season.

"I'm in regular dialogue with the owners, I've spoken with them numerous times, but regarding my future and where I am come the end of the season it's not one we've discussed," Parker said in an exclusive interview with talkSPORT host Jim White.

https://talksport.com/football/533580/scott-parker-fulham-manager-job-pep-guardiola-jurgen-klopp/

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk: View Of The Opposition - Cardiff City
Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

This episode is an interview with Tom Coleman from Wales Online. He was on the show to give the Cardiff City perspective on this upcoming match. This show is our preview episode for this match.

You can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2019/4/26/18518347/cottage-talk-view-of-the-opposition-cardiff-city

WhiteJC

Scott Parker hails 'outstanding' 16-year-old starlet Harvey Elliott and Fulham caretaker boss would have no issue using him this season: 'I have no qualms about putting him straight in'

Fulham caretaker boss Scott Parker has no hesitation in using teen Harvey Elliott
    The 16-year-old has taken a place on the bench in Fulham's last two matches
    Parker hailed the starlet as 'outstanding' and says he is ready to play if needed

Scott Parker will have no hesitation chucking 'outstanding' Harvey Elliott into action and making the 16 year-old boy wonder a Premier League record breaker.

Midfielder Elliott has been on the bench for Fulham's last two games, back-to-back wins against Everton and Bournemouth.

If he gets on the pitch before the season is out he will become the Premier League's youngest ever player.

Harvey Elliott is pushing to win a start for Fulham where he would make Premier League history

Fulham's caretaker boss Scott Parker hailed the 16-year-old starlet as an 'outstanding' player

The record is currently held by Matthew Briggs who made his debut, also for Fulham, against Middlesbrough aged 16 years and 68 days in May 2007.

Third-bottom Cardiff's visit to already demoted Fulham today represents the next, and perhaps ideal, opportunity for Parker to hand a league bow to Elliott, who made his senior debut in the EFL Cup last September against Millwall, aged just 15 years and 174 days.

Fulham's caretaker manager said: 'He is on the bench because he deserves to be on the bench. He has trained with us now for the last three weeks and been outstanding.

'If I feel the time is right or I need Harvey, what he can bring to the match, I have no qualms about putting him straight in.

'But it won't be putting Harvey in because of a sentimental thing it will be putting him in because he deserves to go in and we need him to go in because he can show his quality and give us something we have not got at that moment in time.'

Elliott has impressed in training and has been included on the bench for the last two games

Witnessing Elliott handle the transition from youth to men's football with ease has further convinced Parker of his qualities.

'He is a technically gifted football player. A special talent. He has got a naturalness about him, an ease,' Parker said. 'He is very clean with the ball, can handle the ball very well for someone so young.

'Harvey has played all his career with kids his own age and now is probably the first time he is playing against men.

'Often you find that transition is very difficult for young players but with him you wouldn't know and that's probably the sign of a top player or someone who has the ability to be a top player because the transition he has made has been very smooth.

'Three weeks ago when we put him in I'm waiting for the day to think "we need to take him out today" but the boy has just taken it with ease.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6965357/Parker-hails-16-year-old-Harvey-Elliott-Fulham-caretaker-boss-no-issue-using-him.html