more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 10, 2019, 07:15:43 AM

Well, a sensible mix of both, firstly a lot of the squad depth won't cost a lot because a championship bench warmer is not super expensive especially if you loan them out again. For starters we don't need get anyone in for goalkeeper or left centre back, but we probably would be wise to have a decent pre-season squad. I think our ideal squad size for pre-season should be at least Manchester City size plus three players, then release three on loan. We are better off buying 5 x £2m signings (like McDonald, Norwood and Johasen) then loaning those that don't cut it, than getting one big name £10m signing.

I am suggesting keeping players like Cisse, Edun, Riley, McDonald, Johasen, Seri, Zambo and Cairney, plus maybe an addition until we finalise the starting XI and have proven reserves. I think we have one chance to go up and don't believe in selling players now, but also adding at the same time. We obviously have to do what is financial possible, but too big a squad is a problem Parker can live with now and solve after 2, 6 or 12 months in the Championship.

Why Manchester City size in particular? I can see that they have used 21 players in the PL this season, and their full squad (not counting youngsters without playing time, but counting Foden and Zinchenko since they have been playing) seem to be 23 players.

Bettinelli, Fabri, Rodak
Christie, Odoi, Bryan, Ream, Mawson, MLM
McDonald, Cisse, Anguissa, Seri, Johansen, Cairney
Mitrovic, Fonte, Ayite, Kebano, R. Sess, Kamara

That is 21 players that should be regarded at the very least decent squad players for the Championship (because of the lack of evidence of capacity Djalo is not included) that we have on our books currently assuming we take up club options. Add to that at least a few of S.Sess, O'Riley, Elliot, De La Torre, Fossey, Djalo should be bale to compete for a spot on the bench.

We don't have a weak squad currently, and I maintain that we basically only need to replace those we sell/loan out for one reason or another. Therefore, I don't believe we have to both keep players AND buy a bunch of new ones as we have a decent size squad on our books.

Sting of the North

Quote from: hovewhite on May 10, 2019, 07:25:17 AM
So no actual gossip on players!!

This is the thread that is allowed to go slightly off topic. Then there is the thread only containing rumors without discussion. I would assume there will be more rumors once the season is over.

Milo

Lose Fonte, Kebano and Cisse.

Add a new winger and right back.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 10, 2019, 07:41:21 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on May 10, 2019, 07:25:17 AM
So no actual gossip on players!!

This is the thread that is allowed to go slightly off topic. Then there is the thread only containing rumors without discussion. I would assume there will be more rumors once the season is over.

Yes,but were back to the same quote after quote being added on taking up pages.Read OP.
You can still converse by putting someone's name on a reply.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 10, 2019, 07:43:50 AM

Yes,but were back to the same quote after quote being added on taking up pages.Read OP.

Point taken, reduced the size of the last one. I believe it can often be beneficial to at least quote the part you are responding to.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 10, 2019, 07:46:50 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 10, 2019, 07:43:50 AM

Point taken, reduced the size of the last one. I believe it can often be beneficial to at least quote the part you are responding to.

Yes quote the person your replying to is fine,but we end up sometimes with 4 or 5 quotes on top of one another..lol

SuffolkWhite

Mince said "Yes quote the person your replying to is fine,but we end up sometimes with 4 or 5 quotes on top of one another..lol"

I agree with this mince  0001.jpeg lol
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Statto

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on May 10, 2019, 12:30:40 AM
We need to know what system we're playing before we start thinking about squad depth and where we need said depth.We don't really know what system Parker favours (assuming he gets the job). We've played 4-2-3-1, 3-4-1-2, 3-4-3 and 5-3-2 with him so far.

He's been pretty consistent lately. I suspect we can all accurately predict what the formation will be on Sunday. 4-3-3 (although the tactics nerds may call it a 4-2-1-2-1 or something) which is the same tactics we've played in the main for 2 years now.

colinwhite

Milo

Sess posted:

"OMG wow wow wow!"

On the Tottenham celebratory Instagram posts last night.

A few people jumped on it and told him to "Make it less obvious you're leaving".

I think that's a bit premature and harsh personally! Reading too much into it in my opinion.

Sting of the North

Quote from: colinwhite on May 10, 2019, 10:02:02 AM
weve been playing 4231

Which you may as well describe as 433, or 451 or 42121 as Statto mentioned. It doesn't really make a difference, since they are just ways to describe the general set up of the team, while in reality is is often fairly fluid depending on how the game goes on. It is clear for example that we don't usually play with a back 5, but it is less clear whether you would call Sess a midfielder or a forward

Statto

Quote from: colinwhite on May 10, 2019, 10:02:02 AM
weve been playing 4231

I'm not going to argue about what you call it because it all means the same.

No doubt some will sit there holding a ruler on the tele when they're watching MOTD and try to work out whether Sessegnon and Babel are in line with Mitrovic (4-2-1-3) or Cairney (4-2-3-1) or in between the two (4-2-1-2-1). Then someone else with another ruler will point out that Anguissa is slightly in front of Chambers so it should be 4-1-1-1-2-1.

In my day you only had a handful of formations to choose from and they all had 3 numbers - 4-4-2, 4-3-3, etc.

For the avoidance of argument, perhaps in future, instead of saying "4-3-3" I'll just say "an unspecified formation featuring a back four, three in central midfield, and three wingers/strikers"

simplyfulham

Quote from: Statto on May 10, 2019, 10:36:02 AM
For the avoidance of argument, perhaps in future, instead of saying "4-3-3" I'll just say "an unspecified formation featuring a back four, three in central midfield, and three wingers/strikers"

If you could please and thank you.

SuffolkWhite

Rather than 433,4231 etc how about a fluid formation.........
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Mince n Tatties

Talkadoodle radio saying we're after a cheap replacement for Mitro,Doncaster striker John Marquis.

Tooting legend

Harry Ater strongly linked to a move to the Cottage, Parker being his brother in law helps.......

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Tooting legend on May 10, 2019, 04:05:20 PM
Harry Ater strongly linked to a move to the Cottage, Parker being his brother in law helps.......
Could see a similar role to Norwood if it does come off.

Nick Bateman

All this sale of star striker Mitrovic for £30million to a lesser (not glamour) PL side for barely more than we paid for him is sheer bunkum, tommyrot and balderdash touted mainly by the Daily Express.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

I Ronic

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 10, 2019, 08:14:40 PM
All this sale of star striker Mitrovic for £30million to a lesser (not glamour) PL side for barely more than we paid for him is sheer bunkum, tommyrot and balderdash touted mainly by the Daily Express.

You've been reading your "What Ho Jeeves" books again haven't you! You little tyke.

DevonFFC

Ryan will be imo be gone by the time we start our campaign in the champion.  In an interview with he Sun and his brother he says about his links with top clubs "Personally, I am still a Fulham player until 2020 but, of course, my aim is to play at the highest level.

I am not sure where the future will take me but I have always wanted to play regular Premier League football.

If a club comes knocking with assurances of game time he will go buy I just hope we can get a good amount of money for him and a sell in percentage