Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 02, 2019, 05:59:55 AM
Why has the Official Silly Season been locked
after 3 replies....What is going on?😯
So that it is purely transfer news/rumours methinks. I assume it will be unlocked to be added to, then re-locked. Some people on here wanted a thread without the debate.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 02, 2019, 08:37:10 AM
So that it is purely transfer news/rumours methinks. I assume it will be unlocked to be added to, then re-locked. Some people on here wanted a thread without the debate.

So we don't get to add to it then?😕

Carborundum

So a thread that, for all its idiosyncrasies, traditionally generates huge traffic and views is to be replaced by a more sober-sided distant relative.

My understanding of internet economics appears badly out of date.

Nero

Quote from: Carborundum on May 02, 2019, 10:25:51 AM
So a thread that, for all its idiosyncrasies, traditionally generates huge traffic and views is to be replaced by a more sober-sided distant relative.

yes but there this thread for all the waffle and arguing, if people just want to see the rumours instead of A calling B an idiot and offering him out then they can just look there. Seems rather sensible

Milo

If you find bits of transfer news then post them here and we will update the official thread when we can!

The other thread will just be an abridged version for people to skim through the main rumours without having to trawl through pages of discussion.

It was a response to feedback in January mainly, but unfortunately there isn't always going to be a solution that makes everyone happy.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 02, 2019, 03:55:18 AM
Quote from: Twig on May 01, 2019, 11:28:47 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 01, 2019, 10:44:03 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on May 01, 2019, 10:14:17 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 01, 2019, 09:57:44 PM
Quote from: Twig on May 01, 2019, 09:20:59 PM
I see Seri wants a move and has "little desire to play in the Championship", no surprise there. In fact I saw little desire anyway.

I've said on another thread I think he's highly talented but I agree with you here. Disgusting attitude.

He's 27 and has 3 years on his contract, hopefully with a clause lowering his wages on relegation. I'd love it if the club told him he isn't going anywhere - play in the Championship or watch your career fizzle out in our u23s mate. That's how we deal with deserters.

But this was hardly a quote from Seri, was it? Seeing that most such "news" seem mostly made up, maybe we shouldn't be so quick to deem his attitude disgusting?

Fair point. Disgusting [if true]

Ok yes, disgusting if true.

Seri has more talent in his little finger than Oliver Norwood has, just needs to prove it over a season. I hope Seri stays in the squad, has to fight for a place on the bench, gets a chance off the bench, earns his place in the first team and proves he is too good for the Championship by becoming "PFA Championship Player of the Year". If I was Tony Khan, I'd promise Seri that i'll sell him at the end of any season to Barcelona provided its for a 1p profit. Seri has been Tony Khan's worse permanent signing, which is quite an achievement and I wouldn't be rewarding him with sending him to a club of his choosing until he reseves that.

No one is going to be rewarding Seri for anything. He will be sold if it makes overall sense to those in charge. This will include factors like economics and squad depth but also less concrete factors like if keeping an unhappy player (if that is the case) would be deemed to have a negative effect on the rest of the team.

Statto

Quote from: Nero on May 02, 2019, 11:03:05 AM
Quote from: Carborundum on May 02, 2019, 10:25:51 AM

yes but there this thread for all the waffle and arguing, if people just want to see the rumours instead of A calling B an idiot and offering him out then they can just look there. Seems rather sensible

I enjoy reading "A calling B an idiot and offering him out" (aka discussion about FFC) but it will be very nice not to have to read that secondary level of posts arguing and moaning about all the other stuff they perceive to be arguing and moaning.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 02, 2019, 09:02:52 AM
Quote from: Barrett487 on May 02, 2019, 08:37:10 AM

So we don't get to add to it then?😕

You can send a post card, providing it's from Westgate on Sea.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

I see Seri wants a move and has "little desire to play in the Championship", no surprise there. In fact I saw little desire anyway.

I've said on another thread I think he's highly talented but I agree with you here. Disgusting attitude.

He's 27 and has 3 years on his contract, hopefully with a clause lowering his wages on relegation. I'd love it if the club told him he isn't going anywhere - play in the Championship or watch your career fizzle out in our u23s mate. That's how we deal with deserters.

But this was hardly a quote from Seri, was it? Seeing that most such "news" seem mostly made up, maybe we shouldn't be so quick to deem his attitude disgusting?

Seri has more talent in his little finger than Oliver Norwood has, just needs to prove it over a season. I hope Seri stays in the squad, has to fight for a place on the bench, gets a chance off the bench, earns his place in the first team and proves he is too good for the Championship by becoming "PFA Championship Player of the Year". If I was Tony Khan, I'd promise Seri that i'll sell him at the end of any season to Barcelona provided its for a 1p profit. Seri has been Tony Khan's worse permanent signing, which is quite an achievement and I wouldn't be rewarding him with sending him to a club of his choosing until he reseves that.

Err who was comparing Seri and Norwood? How do you claim on the one hand he has "more talent in his little finger.....", then go on to say he "has been TK's worse (sic) permanent signing"? Bit of a contradiction no?

f321ffc

The summer transfer window in the Championship will close at the same time as the Premier League in major changes announced today.

Teams in the second tier will have to complete all loan or permanent signings by Thursday, August 8 while League One and League Two will still have until the end of the month.

Last season all 72 EFL sides had until 31 August to sign players on loan but now Championship clubs will have to get all their business done by August 8.

A statement from the EFL read: "The deadline for Championship Clubs for all incoming permanent and loan registrations closes at 5pm on the Thursday prior to the commencement of the Premier League season.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

YoungsBitter

Quote from: f321ffc on May 02, 2019, 05:57:58 PM
The summer transfer window in the Championship will close at the same time as the Premier League in major changes announced today.

Teams in the second tier will have to complete all loan or permanent signings by Thursday, August 8 while League One and League Two will still have until the end of the month.

Last season all 72 EFL sides had until 31 August to sign players on loan but now Championship clubs will have to get all their business done by August 8.

A statement from the EFL read: "The deadline for Championship Clubs for all incoming permanent and loan registrations closes at 5pm on the Thursday prior to the commencement of the Premier League season.
When does the Prem window close?
Quark, strangeness and charm

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on May 02, 2019, 04:54:13 PM

Err who was comparing Seri and Norwood? How do you claim on the one hand he has "more talent in his little finger.....", then go on to say he "has been TK's worse (sic) permanent signing"? Bit of a contradiction no?

I guess your right, something is missing is Seri's performances at Fulham, and I don't know what it is  but it's not a lack of talent that is missing.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 03, 2019, 01:16:52 AM

I guess your right, something is missing is Seri's performances at Fulham, and I don't know what it is  but it's not a lack of talent that is missing.

Something is missing you say, hmmm let me think, well for starters he has no heart, no Bolox, no passion, no loyalty, no mental strength, no desire, no appetite, no empathy with Fulham, wants an easy life in a warmer climate at his own comfortable level where he hasn't got to eat dirt for a living.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ffccornwall

Quote from: Milo on May 02, 2019, 12:02:35 PM
If you find bits of transfer news then post them here and we will update the official thread when we can!

The other thread will just be an abridged version for people to skim through the main rumours without having to trawl through pages of discussion.

It was a response to feedback in January mainly, but unfortunately there isn't always going to be a solution that makes everyone happy.
Seems sensible to me.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 03, 2019, 04:27:10 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 03, 2019, 01:16:52 AM

Something is missing you say, hmmm let me think, well for starters he has no heart, no Bolox, no passion, no loyalty, no mental strength, no desire, no appetite, no empathy with Fulham, wants an easy life in a warmer climate at his own comfortable level where he hasn't got to eat dirt for a living.

I don't like to agree with you, but no matter how hard i think i cannot find anyway to articulate you aren't right. Hopefully, Seri gives me a reason next season to prove you wrong. Nothing this season to prove you wrong.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 03, 2019, 10:54:16 AM

I don't like to agree with you, but no matter how hard i think i cannot find anyway to articulate you aren't right. Hopefully, Seri gives me a reason next season to prove you wrong. Nothing this season to prove you wrong.

Of course it is hard to prove something is wrong if that something is just a broad and (in my opinion) extremely biased 'assessment' on someone's alleged complete lack of character. It cannot be proven wrong, and it cannot be proven right unless the player himself or others very close to the player (like coaches, teammates etc.) would go on record backing it up. You can however disagree, and offer a different opinion if you so like.

Personally, I haven't seen anything suggesting he tries less than most other players. Does he care for Fulham as much as someone like Sess (who has basically grown up at the club) or Cairney (having been Captain for several seasons)? Most likely not, but this is also not surprising, nor a big problem. Has he performed great? Not in my opinion, but in several games he has been somewhere between ok and good, in others he has been less good and in a few he has been bad. Is he best suited to a really struggling PL team? Not in my opinion based on what I have seen of him so far. Was he a short term (i.e. for this season) good investment for the club? Again, not in my opinion, but that is not his fault.

I am not a big fan of sweeping generalizations against easy targets, and Seri has certainly been a very easy and convenient target for people's frustrations this season.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 03, 2019, 11:15:13 AM

Of course it is hard to prove something is wrong if that something is just a broad and (in my opinion) extremely biased 'assessment' on someone's alleged complete lack of character. It cannot be proven wrong, and it cannot be proven right unless the player himself or others very close to the player (like coaches, teammates etc.) would go on record backing it up. You can however disagree, and offer a different opinion if you so like.

Personally, I haven't seen anything suggesting he tries less than most other players. Does he care for Fulham as much as someone like Sess (who has basically grown up at the club) or Cairney (having been Captain for several seasons)? Most likely not, but this is also not surprising, nor a big problem. Has he performed great? Not in my opinion, but in several games he has been somewhere between ok and good, in others he has been less good and in a few he has been bad. Is he best suited to a really struggling PL team? Not in my opinion based on what I have seen of him so far. Was he a short term (i.e. for this season) good investment for the club? Again, not in my opinion, but that is not his fault.

I am not a big fan of sweeping generalizations against easy targets, and Seri has certainly been a very easy and convenient target for people's frustrations this season.

As was Zambo, until he got a run in the side, started to find his feet and then many people (not all) started to see what he brings, which I believe is an upgrade on one my faves, KMac.
I'm pretty sure this poster will have typed similar stuff on the mental state of Zambo at some point

The Rational Fan

Quote from: 70sPimlico on May 03, 2019, 12:55:40 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on May 03, 2019, 11:15:13 AM

As was Zambo, until he got a run in the side, started to find his feet and then many people (not all) started to see what he brings, which I believe is an upgrade on one my faves, KMac.
I'm pretty sure this poster will have typed similar stuff on the mental state of Zambo at some point

True, the simplest explanation is many players in Fulham Seri, Anguiissa, Cairney and Sessegnon just didn't play as well as last season in 17/18. We shouldn't spend time blaming anyone, just focus on getting them playing their best again, i have seen Anguissa destroy Australia. None of his performances in a Fulham shirt have been anywhere near that standard, but i hope he does.

Statto

I will judge Seri in mid-September when all the international transfer windows are closed.

If he's still here, I'll say well done to the lad, be very happy to have such a talented player on our books, and of course I'll get behind him 100%.

If he's gone, I'll treat that conclusive proof that everything Woolly Mammoth says about his character, honour etc is true. 

Twig

Quote from: Statto on May 03, 2019, 04:34:16 PM
I will judge Seri in mid-September when all the international transfer windows are closed.

If he's still here, I'll say well done to the lad, be very happy to have such a talented player on our books, and of course I'll get behind him 100%.

If he's gone, I'll treat that conclusive proof that everything Woolly Mammoth says about his character, honour etc is true. 

There you go, "such a talented player", this is in line with Raional Fan's assertion that he has plenty of talent.  I don't agree with Woolly that he lacks heart etc., however neither have I seen anything to support the view that Seri is so talented. Until I do, I have to conclude he is a rather average player who was totally over priced.