Previous topic - Next topic

EricB

Gayle not going to WBA, maybe coming to London? We have been linked before

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48316397

The Rational Fan

Quote from: EricB on May 19, 2019, 11:19:45 PM
Gayle not going to WBA, maybe coming to London? We have been linked before

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48316397

+1 get Dwight Gayle for the striker and left winger. He is exactly what we need to replace Sessegnon and backup Mitrovoic.

river phoenix

Gayle is good but I`d rather spend Sess` money on someone younger like Jarrod Bowen.

filham

Quote from: river phoenix on May 20, 2019, 08:37:38 AM
Gayle is good but I`d rather spend Sess` money on someone younger like Jarrod Bowen.
We are going to have to replace more than just Sess., so we may have to spread the Sess money thinly, I would expect it to buy at  two or three top class championship attackers.

Deuce

I would love Bowen but he wont stay in the Championship. Destined for PL surely

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on May 14, 2019, 06:07:17 PM
An extended look at a lot of potential incomings and outgoings this summer.
https://t.co/A3MXfwDf0p

What are these O'Riley rumours? Stated in April that he has intentions of fighting for starting place next season.

Facts Not Fiction

Gayle, with our spending capabilities, will take up a fraction of our budget. £10m max for a 29 yr old who is yet to be proven good enough for the PL.

SuffolkWhite

According to Fulham Stuff by White Noise today,

Fulham are eyeing a move for Middlesbrough striker Britt Assombalonga to fire them back to the Premier League, Football Insider understands.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Nero

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 21, 2019, 08:59:24 AM

Fulham are eyeing a move for Middlesbrough striker Britt Assombalonga to fire them back to the Premier League, Football Insider understands.

Sheff Utd interested as well, the temptation of the premier league maybe to great 

FFC1987

Big IF, but if we lose Mitrovic, I'd go all out to sign Austin as his replacement. Surplus to requirement at Siants and told he can leave. Would be an ideal and cheaper swap. I'd rather keep Mitrovic but I can't shake the feeling that we'll lose him.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Nero on May 21, 2019, 09:45:33 AM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 21, 2019, 08:59:24 AM

Sheff Utd interested as well, the temptation of the premier league maybe to great 

Please NO.....Carthorse.

Statto

Assombalonga is a guaranteed 15-20 goals per season player at Championship level. Good player. Would also fit in well with our other African lads - Kebano, Ayite, Anguissa and Kamara (and Seri in the unlikely event he stays).

Not good enough to replace Mitro but a great back option, and another option out wide.

Only issue is I suspect he'll want to be our first choice CF wherever he goes.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Statto on May 21, 2019, 12:07:49 PM
Assombalonga is a guaranteed 15-20 goals per season player at Championship level. Good player. Would also fit in well with our other African lads - Kebano, Ayite, Anguissa and Kamara (and Seri in the unlikely event he stays).

Not good enough to replace Mitro but a great back option, and another option out wide.

Only issue is I suspect he'll want to be our first choice CF wherever he goes.

Mitro and Assombalonga up top together. We'll break 100 points.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 21, 2019, 10:54:39 AM
Big IF, but if we lose Mitrovic, I'd go all out to sign Austin as his replacement. Surplus to requirement at Siants and told he can leave. Would be an ideal and cheaper swap. I'd rather keep Mitrovic but I can't shake the feeling that we'll lose him.

Maybe Parker doesn't want an exact replacement. Personally, having a hold up striker limits your play. You get by if they are very good, but if we were to lose Mitro, I'd like to see us abandon the hold up focal point, and have more of a fluid front 3.

70sPimlico

[/quote]

Maybe Parker doesn't want an exact replacement. Personally, having a hold up striker limits your play. You get by if they are very good, but if we were to lose Mitro, I'd like to see us abandon the hold up focal point, and have more of a fluid front 3.
[/quote]

Agree

FFC1987

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on May 21, 2019, 01:49:43 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on May 21, 2019, 10:54:39 AM

Hold up play aside, we still need a goalscorer regardless and he definitely fits the bill.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on May 21, 2019, 08:33:53 AM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on May 14, 2019, 06:07:17 PM
An extended look at a lot of potential incomings and outgoings this summer.
https://t.co/A3MXfwDf0p

What are these O'Riley rumours? Stated in April that he has intentions of fighting for starting place next season.

Seen a few things that have said things to the effect of we've told O'Riley we won't play him until he drops his agent because he's messing us around. Hence why he wasn't in our 18 or even involved with the first team squad towards the end of the season when Fossey, S. Sessegnon, de la Torre and Elliott were.

I don't know how true it is, but it would explain why he's not been close to the first team when he's probably our best player in the 21s in-terms of ability.

Buffalo76

:plus one: