watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodlawn

Spoke to a certain Newcastle player(yes that one) today in Portugal . Wouldn't give much away but said he expects changes at Newcastle in next month..Asked about us and he said just spec. Also said he is staying in the Algarve till end of June as not back in training till 4th July

grandad

Just my thoughts. Sell Sess for a minimum of £25 mil but to include a 50% sell on clause & no loan to a Championship side. If we have to, sell Mitrovic for a minimum of £50 mil. Sell Seri for what we can get. Buy Gayle, Assambolonga, a Dominant CB, a DM to cover McDonald & a RB. Champions elect.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Riversider

Quote from: Woodlawn on June 16, 2019, 07:11:50 PM
Spoke to a certain Newcastle player(yes that one) today in Portugal . Wouldn't give much away but said he expects changes at Newcastle in next month..Asked about us and he said just spec. Also said he is staying in the Algarve till end of June as not back in training till 4th July

You've lost me, which Newcastle player ?

Mince n Tatties

Mince n Tatties

Radio Ga Ga.
" Fulham in bid to bring Neil Etheridge back"

junior white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 17, 2019, 07:53:46 AM
Radio Ga Ga.
Apparently we had a bid rejected last month, bid circa 8 million according to the press

grandad

Quote from: junior white on June 17, 2019, 08:56:11 AM
Radio Ga Ga.
Apparently we had a bid rejected last month, bid circa 8 million according to the press

Saw a few howlers from him last season. I don´t think he is better overall than Betts.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I first heard the rumour that Harvey Elliott would not be signing a contract at least six months ago. There is nothing new is this decision and his mind must have been made up before then presumably with his agent pulling the strings. He is too young to have had expectations of walking straight into the first team at that time so something or someone must have influenced his decision.
Relegation would have only improved rather than reduced his opportunity to showcase himself for a future move so I am sorry to say that there can only be something wrong at the club or more likely a young lads head has been turned by the opportunities of short term big bucks!

snarks

Why is there something wrong at the club if a young player leaves? It's not like Chelsea where such players do not get first team opportunities. It's possibly agents telling them they are better than they are. I can't recall any of the youngsters who have left so far excelling when they have gone. Roberts and Hyndman being prime examples.

hovewhite

Quote from: snarks on June 17, 2019, 09:43:41 AM
Why is there something wrong at the club if a young player leaves? It's not like Chelsea where such players do not get first team opportunities. It's possibly agents telling them they are better than they are. I can't recall any of the youngsters who have left so far excelling when they have gone. Roberts and Hyndman being prime examples.
good point,remember Briggs,what happened to him,harvey might not make the cut who knows.

FFC1987

Quote from: snarks on June 17, 2019, 09:43:41 AM

I do agree but Dembele has done alright and I think Roberts will also come good and coudl of been better had he stayed.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

The fact that Roberts and Hyndman have not progressed quickly in a way proves my point because they could have just as easily worked their way up at Fulham and then moved on. Hyndman was advised to move on a year before he did by the then USA  manager (exGerman international?) so he obviously thought that he need experience elsewhere. He is still on the edge of the first team
It is rumoured that the club will only deal with certain agents and that does not include some of the biggest that certain of our players have signed up for.
I don't know how true this is and if so why ?  Dromeh (sorry about the spelling) gone, Elliott going, and O'Reilly next. Probably followed by Ryan and Steven.
All of a sudden the cupboard is bare of young talent to an extent that has never occurred before.
Agents yes, but the club must take some blame for this.

KJS

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on June 17, 2019, 10:19:32 AM
The fact that Roberts and Hyndman have not progressed quickly in a way proves my point because they could have just as easily worked their way up at Fulham and then moved on. Hyndman was advised to move on a year before he did by the then USA  manager (exGerman international?) so he obviously thought that he need experience elsewhere. He is still on the edge of the first team
It is rumoured that the club will only deal with certain agents and that does not include some of the biggest that certain of our players have signed up for.
I don't know how true this is and if so why ?  Dromeh (sorry about the spelling) gone, Elliott going, and O'Reilly next. Probably followed by Ryan and Steven.
All of a sudden the cupboard is bare of young talent to an extent that has never occurred before.
Agents yes, but the club must take some blame for this.

How can you blame the club for Youth players not signing a contract!!?? they all want everything right away and that the way it is, I just hope they end up playing non league football (like Briggs) after they are released because they could not full fill their promise.

Ara's bacon crisps

Maybe we should employ Briggs in our Academy as an advisor to give our young superstars a little reality check.

Woolly Mammoth

Radio Ga Ga.

I hope not, I don't rate him like some, we have better potential Goalkeepers coming through our ranks, spending precious money on him would be a waste. He would not be a step up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 17, 2019, 11:18:08 AM
Radio Ga Ga.

I hope not, I don't rate him like some, we have better potential Goalkeepers coming through our ranks, spending precious money on him would be a waste. He would not be a step up.

Agreed, unless it something to do with the number of Home grown players needed I cant see the point, ,but surely Betts and Rodak on the bench would cover that, unless secretly he an outstanding centre back 

N_O_W_S

Quote from: grandad on June 16, 2019, 07:25:43 PM
Just my thoughts. Sell Sess for a minimum of £25 mil but to include a 50% sell on clause & no loan to a Championship side. If we have to, sell Mitrovic for a minimum of £50 mil. Sell Seri for what we can get. Buy Gayle, Assambolonga, a Dominant CB, a DM to cover McDonald & a RB. Champions elect.

No buying club is going to agree to a 50% sell on clause. It's usually something max like 10% and only on youth players who are a bit of a gamble / important sell for the future of a small club.

Tottenham, for instance, are never going to agree to a 50% sell on clause with  Fulham.

KJS

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on June 17, 2019, 11:16:58 AM
Maybe we should employ Briggs in our Academy as an advisor to give our young superstars a little reality check.

:54:

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on June 17, 2019, 10:19:32 AM
The fact that Roberts and Hyndman have not progressed quickly in a way proves my point because they could have just as easily worked their way up at Fulham and then moved on.

We finished 20th the year before these 2 left. If anyone stays at our club while being offered a chance to move to a newly promoted team in Bournemouth or top team like city in favour of a club with no direction, led by a headless chicken with no experience like kit symons is he worried.
We don't have a great record with developing youth or giving sustained chances to youth so why would theee guys stick around.

Our academy has a great reputation in terms of development which is why young players are attracted but there is little history of them breaking through so yea Roberts and Hyndmans, Elliott and Drameh decisions are totally justified until we get to a point where we create a culture of including the academy graduates in the first team to allow them to develop .
As for barring them from the first team until they go with an acceptable agent, that is just laughable behaviour from the club

filham

Quote from: grandad on June 16, 2019, 07:25:43 PM
Yes that is the obvious route Parker and the procurement team should be looking at but the trick is to avoid more duds for the centre back and right back positions.