https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: Milo on June 26, 2019, 04:24:34 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on June 26, 2019, 04:16:17 PM
Instagram of someone wearing a Fulham shirt and Babel is tagged...

Where?

Also, Mitrovic has posted a picture of him in new shirt on his Insta. Surely staying!

Cursory google yields this as the likely source https://www.instagram.com/p/BzLAyUWgde_/.

It also tagged Sergio Rico for reference.

Statto

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on June 26, 2019, 03:07:17 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2019, 02:33:14 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 26, 2019, 02:01:32 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on June 26, 2019, 11:31:01 AM
Liam LindsayI'd take Liam Lindsay

Who?

Barnsley centre back who has just joined Stoke.

The one who got relegated to League one the year before last? Why is good enough for a promotion chasing team exactly?

Yeah not ever so unhappy we missed out on that one

Barrett487

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-concrete-offer-fulham-cottagers-see-ideal-profile-pl-return/

Player has 'concrete' offer from Fulham – Cottagers see him has 'ideal profile' for PL return

Needing to make some changes to their squad following their relegation from the Premier League, Fulham are looking to bolster their defence to try and make a swift return to England's top-tier.

One of the recurring names so far has been that of Chema, currently contracted to Levante in La Liga until June 2020.

Having just one year left on his deal makes this summer a good opportunity for a move, and El Desmarque reveal the defender has already received a 'concrete' offer from the Cottagers for his services.

The Spanish outlet explain Fulham see in Chema the 'ideal profile' of a centre-back capable of helping them return to the Premier League.

In fact, with his contractual situation as it is now, El Desmarque state 'everything points' towards the 27-year-old leaving Levante in the summer.

Whether that is for Fulham, however, remains to be seen.

Chema bounced in an out of Levante's first-team last year, making 19 appearances in La Liga, during which he scored two goals.

wheelerdeeler

I really don't understand the link with him/why we'd want him. We already have Le Marchand and Ream for Left-Footed Centre-Backs and Mawson is arguably more comfortable as the LCB as well.

hovewhite

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 26, 2019, 07:14:25 PM
I really don't understand the link with him/why we'd want him. We already have Le Marchand and Ream for Left-Footed Centre-Backs and Mawson is arguably more comfortable as the LCB as well.
well maybe Scott is looking at Odoi as the RCB next season.

sarnian

Sky and others highlighted Odoi and Ream's weaknesses the season before last. Why do you therefore think they will suffice this season when they have not improved.

wheelerdeeler

If anything we have too many left-sided Centre-Backs at the moment, so I wouldn't want to sign another one.

At the moment the pairing for Barnsley is (probably) Mawson RCB and Le Marchand LCB with Ream as cover (based on the Newcastle game). And as I said all three of them are more comfortable as the LCB, so I'd be surprised if we wanted another one. Would hope we were in for a proper right-sided Centre-Back to get a good balance going and a proper partner for Mawson. My hope all along has been Tomori on loan if he was available.

Unless we're switching to 3 at the back, but after Tony Khan's interview today I don't see that happening.

The Rock

Maybe it is because we let in 81 goals last season. Just a guess.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: The Rock on June 26, 2019, 07:35:02 PM

See post just above yours (and Mawson was only on the pitch for probably about 20 of them).

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 26, 2019, 07:35:30 PM
Quote from: The Rock on June 26, 2019, 07:35:02 PM

See post just above yours (and Mawson was only on the pitch for probably about 20 of them).

I'm holding out hope that Mawson was still carrying a knock at the end of the season, because even though he had (allegedly) a good December, I thought he was shockingly average at best...and SLOW.

If he doesn't improve leaps and bounds from his final two appearances we need to bring in another CB.

His pace was talked about before his injuries.    Now, I'm thinking it might be an even bigger concern if he doesn't get the time on the pitch to raise his other attributes.

@jolslover

I honestly think (mayb in the minority with this) Le March and Mawson is a good enough CB pairing for promotion - add to that Ream and Odoi as back up and this is fine. These two are especially suited to a return to a possession style aswell as both are more than comfortable on the ball
STH H3

Deeping_white

Quote from: sarnian on June 26, 2019, 07:20:35 PM
Sky and others highlighted Odoi and Ream's weaknesses the season before last. Why do you therefore think they will suffice this season when they have not improved.

Because they're not marking the likes of Sergio Aguero and Harry Kane, and instead are going to have to deal with Chris Martin and Matt Smith type players, who are neither quick or prolific with world class movement like PL strikers. The margin for error is much, much higher and we've currently got at least one CB who's PL class in Mawson, so it means we only need one of Ream or Odoi to play alongside him should we not sign another centre half

Riversider

Easy to sort out a new centre half and only £5 million, step forward Scott McKenna of Aberdeen , only 22 years old, over 6ft 2 , already played over 60 games for Aberdeen and 12 times for Scotland,
Very comfortable on the ball and far more mobile than Mawson,
If we signed McKenna and James Tavernier of Glasgow Rangers I would suddenly become very confident of finishing in the Top 6
Back 4 of Bryan, McKenna, Mawson, Tavernier would be the best defence in The Championship by some distance.

Barrett487

Sky

18:26
KHAN: I WANT TO KEEP MITROVIC

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan says he wants Aleksander Mitrovic to stay at the club and he is doing everything he can to keep the striker at Craven Cottage.

Khan told the Fulhamish podcast: "I would like to retain as many of our key players as possible, and that includes Aleksandar Mitrovic. We made a big investment to get him here and I believe in him.

"Last season he played so hard for us and he sets a great tone in the dressing room and on the pitch. I am doing everything I can to keep him.

"I have a great relationship with him and we have had a lot of talks. He loves Fulham, he loves the club, he loves the people here, he loves his team-mates."

Mince n Tatties

I think he is staying,looked happy modelling new strip.

Rambler

We need to get a bit of a move on with transfers. Just like all of the seasons under the Khan's dealings late in the transfer window have led to slow starts.
Maybe our squad is ok, but let's not lie, we need new players and investment.

FFC1987

Keeping Babel, Mitrovic and Cairney in this window on top of Anguissa and Mawson would be incredible.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 26, 2019, 09:53:38 PM
Keeping Babel, Mitrovic and Cairney in this window on top of Anguissa and Mawson would be incredible.

Babel won't stay, not a chance. He wants to keep his Nerherlands starting spot.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on June 26, 2019, 03:07:17 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2019, 02:33:14 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 26, 2019, 02:01:32 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on June 26, 2019, 11:31:01 AM
Liam LindsayI'd take Liam Lindsay

Who?

Barnsley centre back who has just joined Stoke.

The one who got relegated to League one the year before last? Why is good enough for a promotion chasing team exactly?

Mainly because he's a better defender than Tim Ream of Denis Odoi, less error prone than Maxime Le Marchand and less injury prone than Alfie Mawson.

Statto

Quote from: @jolslover on June 26, 2019, 07:48:53 PM
I honestly think (mayb in the minority with this) Le March and Mawson is a good enough CB pairing for promotion - add to that Ream and Odoi as back up and this is fine. These two are especially suited to a return to a possession style aswell as both are more than comfortable on the ball

+1

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 26, 2019, 07:53:46 PM
Quote from: sarnian on June 26, 2019, 07:20:35 PM

Because they're not marking the likes of Sergio Aguero and Harry Kane, and instead are going to have to deal with Chris Martin and Matt Smith type players, who are neither quick or prolific with world class movement like PL strikers. The margin for error is much, much higher and we've currently got at least one CB who's PL class in Mawson, so it means we only need one of Ream or Odoi to play alongside him should we not sign another centre half

+1