more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: @jolslover on June 26, 2019, 07:48:53 PM
I honestly think (mayb in the minority with this) Le March and Mawson is a good enough CB pairing for promotion - add to that Ream and Odoi as back up and this is fine. These two are especially suited to a return to a possession style aswell as both are more than comfortable on the ball

While we lack Premier League quality players in more defensive positions, we have a tonne of upper championship quality players. We only need to find 6 starters and 3 reserves from these 17 each game: Betts, Fabri, Rodak, Christie, Fossey, Dramah, S.Sess, Odoi, Djola, Mawson, Ream, MLM, Bryan, Edun, Cisse, McDonald and Anguissa. And, frankly against teams like Charlton if we score twice we will probably win with our weakest backline (Rodak, Fossey, S.Sess, Odoi, Edun with Dramah & Djola on bench).

The front needs 5 starters and 4 reserves every game from 12 players: Seri, Jonasen, Riley, Cairney, Kebano, Torres, Kamara, Mitro, Fonte, Atyie, R.Sess and Elliott. That is less depth and we need a strong attack even against the weakest teams. We cannot play Riley, Kebano, Torres, Fonte and Elliott against Charlton and not drop points.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on June 26, 2019, 10:21:09 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on June 26, 2019, 09:53:38 PM
Keeping Babel, Mitrovic and Cairney in this window on top of Anguissa and Mawson would be incredible.

Babel won't stay, not a chance. He wants to keep his Nerherlands starting spot.
Is it written somewhere that players in the Championship cant play for their national team? It's not like he isn't older and they don't know what he can do.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 27, 2019, 01:56:53 AM
Keeping Babel, Mitrovic and Cairney in this window on top of Anguissa and Mawson would be incredible.

Is it written somewhere that players in the Championship cant play for their national team? It's not like he isn't older and they don't know what he can do.

I think it's more to do with the visibility of the Championship from Babel's perspective and quality of the Championship from Ronald Koeman's perspective. Same reason Diego Rolan was hesitant to go to the Championship two summers ago (however badly that turned out for him). Especially with it being a Euros year Babel will be competing with players like Quincy Promes and Steven Bergwijn who should be playing in the Champions League next season as opposed to the Championship.

It's not like say a Mitrovic, where the only Striker who is as good or better than him for Serbia is Jovic for example, Netherlands have very viable alternatives to Babel who'll take any chance they get to overtake him.

AnOldBrownie

Yes...but they already know what they get with Babel regardless of where he plays. Is the Turkish league better than the Championship?

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 27, 2019, 02:32:19 AM
Yes...but they already know what they get with Babel regardless of where he plays. Is the Turkish league better than the Championship?

Top end of the Super Lig is better than anything the Championship can offer, and the Champions League definitely is- and he'd be going straight into the groups if he goes to Galatasaray. So he's guaranteed 6 Champions League games, and depending on what their draw is more Champions League games or Europa League games going into 2020.

The Rational Fan

Ryan Babel is a free to play for whomever he wants, I suspect he has a lot of great offers. The Championship is not what I'd be choosing as an older player, much better to choose a competition with a 34 game season like Turkey.

Mince n Tatties

Sevco and Ipswich want Rodak.

snarks

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 27, 2019, 08:09:05 AM

I gather that is unlikely, as Rotherham wanted him again, but their manager said it was not going to happen as Fulham wanted him back. (Recall reading that somewhere)

junior white

The dutch FA have asked their players to play top flight football iso they can play in top eurorpean competitions.

As long as top division it doesn't matter other wise De Ligt would not play for them

FFC1987

I too, am of the opinion that we won't be retaining Babels services but some speculated and I merely said it would be an incredible achievement to keep Cairney, Mitro and Babel.

Sting of the North

Quote from: junior white on June 27, 2019, 08:58:21 AM

The dutch FA have asked their players to play top flight football iso they can play in top eurorpean competitions.

As long as top division it doesn't matter other wise De Ligt would not play for them

Is that true, or speculation? Since it seem strange to put the focus on being the top league in a country (any country?) instead of quality (the Championship is arguably probably in the top 6-8 leagues in Europe, albeit with a lack of European competition). One would think the Dutch FA would not be idiots, but who knows. With that said, obviously the higher level you play, the better.

Two Ton Ted

Either way, Babel will not be wearing a Fulham shirt next season.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

junior white

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 27, 2019, 09:51:04 AM
Quote from: junior white on June 27, 2019, 08:58:21 AM

Is that true, or speculation? Since it seem strange to put the focus on being the top league in a country (any country?) instead of quality (the Championship is arguably probably in the top 6-8 leagues in Europe, albeit with a lack of European competition). One would think the Dutch FA would not be idiots, but who knows. With that said, obviously the higher level you play, the better.
Dutch guy I work with said to me after our relegation was confirmed, that it meant Babel would leave as Koeman had said "any player playing for the dutch national team (under his control) had to be playing in the top division of any country in which they play". SO guess it means Eredivisie is ok as would be the Scottish prem, both of which (For me) are not better than the championship, i guess maybe because they could play Europa or Champions league.

wheelerdeeler

Wouldn't mind loaning Rodak out again and signing someone older who could sit on the bench and not have their development stalled but still challenge Bettinelli for the #1 shirt. Someone like a Bialkowski (which could work out perfectly if they want Rodak). 

JimOG

Looked at Rodak compilation of his season at Rotherham and he was brilliant. He may be our starting keeper!  Would also like to see us acquire Michael Hector (or Mings) to give us a frightening aerial presence at the other end. Hector, my Sheff Wed friend tells me, would be an outstanding acquisition. The other aspect of this thread I find frustrating is this constant harping back to Odoi, MLM, Ream being as good as is in the Championship. We're trying to build a side good enough to get back to the Premiership....AND stay there. That means finding a core group of 7/8 who will make this transition. None of those I've mention nor TC, KMc, Stefan etc are of that standard.
Have we learned nothing?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 27, 2019, 03:33:19 PM

Wouldn't mind loaning Rodak out again and signing someone older who could sit on the bench and not have their development stalled but still challenge Bettinelli for the #1 shirt. Someone like a Bialkowski (which could work out perfectly if they want Rodak). 

Good keeper Bialkowski,but knee problem.
Was off to Millwall but failed medical 3 days ago.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 27, 2019, 04:08:50 PM

I speak to a Millwall fan, he didn't fail the medical as such. The medical flagged up a knee injury he had 13 years ago that presumably they didn't know about, and Millwall tried to knock the price down for him because of said 13 year old injury and Ipswich told them to do one. 

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 27, 2019, 04:10:44 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 27, 2019, 04:08:50 PM

I speak to a Millwall fan, he didn't fail the medical as such. The medical flagged up a knee injury he had 13 years ago that presumably they didn't know about, and Millwall tried to knock the price down for him because of said 13 year old injury and Ipswich told them to do one. 

Right.👍

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: JimOG on June 27, 2019, 03:42:37 PM
The other aspect of this thread I find frustrating is this constant harping back to Odoi, MLM, Ream being as good as is in the Championship. We're trying to build a side good enough to get back to the Premiership....AND stay there. That means finding a core group of 7/8 who will make this transition. None of those I've mention nor TC, KMc, Stefan etc are of that standard.
Have we learned nothing?

NAIL. ON. HEAD.

if we go up, we need to much better than we were two years ago, or the failure of last season will just happen again.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: JimOG on June 27, 2019, 03:42:37 PM
Looked at Rodak compilation of his season at Rotherham and he was brilliant. He may be our starting keeper!  Would also like to see us acquire Michael Hector (or Mings) to give us a frightening aerial presence at the other end. Hector, my Sheff Wed friend tells me, would be an outstanding acquisition. The other aspect of this thread I find frustrating is this constant harping back to Odoi, MLM, Ream being as good as is in the Championship. We're trying to build a side good enough to get back to the Premiership....AND stay there. That means finding a core group of 7/8 who will make this transition. None of those I've mention nor TC, KMc, Stefan etc are of that standard.
Have we learned nothing?

Absolutely spot on Jim! We must aim for better!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19