watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersimmo123

I have it on good authority that the Hector deal breaking down was nothing to do with FFP. Moreso an issue with the agent being used on the deal. Hector has been told for a move to happen in Jan that the agent needs to be changed. I was also told Shad was in town for an investigation into signings made last season (Seri & MLM deal specifically). I was also told Seri and his agent are looking at legal action against the club as his loyalty fee/bonus he would have got as per his transfer fee to Fulham was manipulated by increasing the MLM fee in the double deal.

Also was told the Sess outgoing took so long because his agent (Salthouse) is under investigation with the FA and the fact he managed to get a move at all in the end was surprising. Nothing to do with the fee.

All sounds very concerning.

Nevertheless, for me we came out with a better squad and were a CB away from having an outstanding window so you have to be positive. After Ream performing so well yesterday, you would if we get to Jan injury free at the back with Mawson & Ream if Hector would be the final missing piece of the puzzle or if we are flying high, we may look at other targets.

I expect TK to hold fire on any potential deal for the next couple of months to see where we are at.

Milo

Interesting.

Suppose less new faces is "more" with regards gelling

sarnian

Quote from: supersimmo123 on August 11, 2019, 02:04:28 PM
I have it on good authority that the Hector deal breaking down was nothing to do with FFP. Moreso an issue with the agent being used on the deal. Hector has been told for a move to happen in Jan that the agent needs to be changed. I was also told Shad was in town for an investigation into signings made last season (Seri & MLM deal specifically). I was also told Seri and his agent are looking at legal action against the club as his loyalty fee/bonus he would have got as per his transfer fee to Fulham was manipulated by increasing the MLM fee in the double deal.

Also was told the Sess outgoing took so long because his agent (Salthouse) is under investigation with the FA and the fact he managed to get a move at all in the end was surprising. Nothing to do with the fee.

All sounds very concerning.

Nevertheless, for me we came out with a better squad and were a CB away from having an outstanding window so you have to be positive. After Ream performing so well yesterday, you would if we get to Jan injury free at the back with Mawson & Ream if Hector would be the final missing piece of the puzzle or if we are flying high, we may look at other targets.

I expect TK to hold fire on any potential deal for the next couple of months to see where we are at.

Seri story is old news and FIFA apparently investigated and found nothing wrong.

Milo

70sPimlico

Milo

Quote from: 70sPimlico on August 11, 2019, 03:04:05 PM
Quote from: Milo on August 11, 2019, 02:54:47 PM
Damning Onamoh reviews online at the moment.

What have we done?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/10/aston-villa-and-sheffield-wednesday-fans-mock-fulhams-josh-onoma/

Does that really count as journalism? It's essentially clickbait.

Well.. not journalism but an amalgamation of social media which is surely better as its multiple views rather than a single journalist? Although I admit they could've been selective.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Milo on August 11, 2019, 03:07:40 PM

What have we done?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/10/aston-villa-and-sheffield-wednesday-fans-mock-fulhams-josh-onoma/

Well.. not journalism but an amalgamation of social media which is surely better as its multiple views rather than a single journalist? Although I admit they could've been selective.

I'd say

Milo

Quote from: 70sPimlico on August 11, 2019, 03:10:01 PM
Quote from: Milo on August 11, 2019, 03:07:40 PM

What have we done?

I'd say

Element of no smoke without fire though surely?

Tabby

It isn't really news and I wouldn't worry about it too much. They've been slagging him for a while now.

I'm not expecting him to be a key player, but he has enough talent to be able to succeed with the right manager. Given that Parker rates him maybe he'll be able to do well. If he doesn't, it isn't a huge loss.

grandad

Sour grapes from Villa SW & Spurs that they were unable to get the best out of Onomah. Time will tell. He was not taken as a starter but to swell the squad in case of multiple injuries, suspensions etc.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

Given Reid, Cavaleiro, Knockaert and Arter were all fantastic players in the Championship in recent years, I think the we can be forgiven for buying one player whose reputation isn't quite as good. Plus as far as I'm concerned we've signed Onomah for nothing because even £25m, with no extras, would have been a fantastic fee to get for Sessegnon. In any case I attach zero value to other clubs' fans comments about their departing players. I can still remember Wolves fans mocking us for signing Mcdonald shortly before we made him a linchpin in the best midfield in the division.

Milo

Quote from: Statto on August 11, 2019, 04:01:00 PM
Given Reid, Cavaleiro, Knockaert and Arter were all fantastic players in the Championship in recent years, I think the we can be forgiven for buying one player whose reputation isn't quite as good. Plus as far as I'm concerned we've signed Onomah for nothing because even £25m, with no extras, would have been a fantastic fee to get for Sessegnon. In any case I attach zero value to other clubs' fans comments about their departing players. I can still remember Wolves fans mocking us for signing Mcdonald shortly before we made him a linchpin in the best midfield in the division.

Plus Leicester loved Ranieri..!

Steven Ageroad

I read that Bruce at Newcastle tried to sign him before we did. He'd played twice under Bruce, once at Villa and again at Wednesday, so it must say something that 2 football managers see something in him as opposed to the average fan on the terrace.
Only time will tell who is right!

Woolly Mammoth

I am not at all bothered what fans of other clubs think about Josh Onomah. He should be another good addition to the squad for Fulham.
It's a short cycle journey from Tottenham to Fulham, so no disruption or upheaval for him, and it's a smart move and Scott would know enough about him, and he can only get better. I have no qualms about Fulham acquiring his signature. It's a long hard season and his contribution will be valued.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Texas White

I think the he got lost in the Tottenham grinder. Easy to lose your way when your so young. I think Scott will bring out the best in the youngsters. It's a long season. Plenty of chances for everyone

FFC1987

He's a risk free potential option in a deal with one of our talents. Parker thinks, rightly or wrongly, that he and the coaching staff can harness and direct his talent so its a bit of a 'good luck to them' job. If it doesn't work out, ah well, no biggy. Would be different if we were relying on him to produce but anything more squad depth, and its a win in my book.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 11, 2019, 07:01:11 PM
He's a risk free potential option in a deal with one of our talents. Parker thinks, rightly or wrongly, that he and the coaching staff can harness and direct his talent so its a bit of a 'good luck to them' job. If it doesn't work out, ah well, no biggy. Would be different if we were relying on him to produce but anything more squad depth, and its a win in my book.

I watched a great deal of Onomah at Spurs and was never that impressed. I trust Parker's judgement on midfielders though. It will be interesting to see where he ends up on the pitch. I could see Parker playing him in 4 or 5 different positions.

RaySmith

Parker genuinely seems to rate him and see him as having great potential.

hovewhite

In nosey I trust,hic mean scotty.

spikey norman

One of our ex players Andy Lonergan on the verge of joining  Liverpool.