News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

early 60s, which players are still with us?

Started by jarv, April 30, 2019, 03:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 02, 2019, 03:13:50 PM
Don't you think this is a bit of a creepy thread Captain??

The next thing we'll see is "Which FoF's are are still with us"??

"The Old Sods Army" marches on.

Fernhurst, I am glad we are still able to march!! Attention! Us Old Sod's are a very proud army.  049:gif

pete

Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 02, 2019, 04:56:36 PM
Quote from: pete on May 02, 2019, 02:10:39 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 01, 2019, 06:36:35 PM
Quote from: pete on May 01, 2019, 12:29:20 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on April 30, 2019, 09:04:33 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on April 30, 2019, 07:38:37 PM
Quote from: jarv on April 30, 2019, 07:21:33 PM
Mr Micawber....We probably bumped into each other in the wine bar. I was there regularly about 35 to 40 years ago when I lived in Putney.  A lot of girls in there some nights, good hunting ground.

I worked at The Jean Machine in Putney around 1977 and often ended up in Micawbers after work on a Saturday. One of the best bars in the area at the time. Had no idea The Maestro got in there.

I'm sure we did Jarv and with regard to the Old Count I am sorry to say the Maestro wasn't a regular.A one off Tony knowledge. But Yeah a great little bar.A few of my pals had the flat above which was handy.
I was also a regular there around this time and a few mates lived in the top floor.
does Lenny,Sully and Gordon ring any bells Pete?
Definitely. Know them all. I was one of the Old Wandsworthians RFC who were there nearly every week. We must know each other ....
we must do Pete I was on the famous Blackpool Tour with Old Wandsworthians as one of the non Rugby playing boys.Still recovering mate and that was 30 plus years ago lol
Yes, remember Blackpool very well, I'm known as Ross. You wouldn't be Mr Larkin by any chance as we've met up a few times?

mrmicawbers

Quote from: pete on May 02, 2019, 08:05:26 PM
Mr Micawber....We probably bumped into each other in the wine bar. I was there regularly about 35 to 40 years ago when I lived in Putney.  A lot of girls in there some nights, good hunting ground.

I worked at The Jean Machine in Putney around 1977 and often ended up in Micawbers after work on a Saturday. One of the best bars in the area at the time. Had no idea The Maestro got in there.

I'm sure we did Jarv and with regard to the Old Count I am sorry to say the Maestro wasn't a regular.A one off Tony knowledge. But Yeah a great little bar.A few of my pals had the flat above which was handy.
I was also a regular there around this time and a few mates lived in the top floor.
Definitely. Know them all. I was one of the Old Wandsworthians RFC who were there nearly every week. We must know each other ....
we must do Pete I was on the famous Blackpool Tour with Old Wandsworthians as one of the non Rugby playing boys.Still recovering mate and that was 30 plus years ago lol
Yes, remember Blackpool very well, I'm known as Ross. You wouldn't be Mr Larkin by any chance as we've met up a few times?
You got me Mr Ross,hope your well.I was at the Cardiff game with Lenny.Do you get down to the Cottage much?

cottage expat

Quote from: bog on April 30, 2019, 05:02:30 PM
Six of that line up are in my best ever side Macedo, Cohen, Langley, Mullery, Leggat and Haynes. What memories those names conjure up.....

092.gif 

+1. My first Fulham matches ! Not to forget Maurice Cook, Tosh Chamberlain, Tony Macedo, and Eddie Lowe, Sweet memories.

pete

Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 02, 2019, 08:31:32 PM

You got me Mr Ross,hope your well.I was at the Cardiff game with Lenny.Do you get down to the Cottage much?
Yep, I'm on my 22nd season ticket. After the Cardiff game we went to the pub in Upper Richmond Rd (forgot the name) which is where I saw you last a few years ago. Do you still go there? How's Lenny? I'll look out for you v Newcastle. Must meet up some time. Saw Sully in February.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: pete on May 02, 2019, 09:16:24 PM

Yep, I'm on my 22nd season ticket. After the Cardiff game we went to the pub in Upper Richmond Rd (forgot the name) which is where I saw you last a few years ago. Do you still go there? How's Lenny? I'll look out for you v Newcastle. Must meet up some time. Saw Sully in February.
Nor far behind you season ticket wise mate.If your talking about the Fox in Putney,i was in there we probably don't recognise each other it's been a while Lol.I won't be there for Newcastle as I can't make the game but am always in there before and after the game generally. So hopefully catch up next season.Lennys good but not a season ticket holder.Good to talk.

pete

Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 03, 2019, 07:39:27 AM
Quote from: pete on May 02, 2019, 09:16:24 PM

Nor far behind you season ticket wise mate.If your talking about the Fox in Putney,i was in there we probably don't recognise each other it's been a while Lol.I won't be there for Newcastle as I can't make the game but am always in there before and after the game generally. So hopefully catch up next season.Lennys good but not a season ticket holder.Good to talk.
Thanks mate. See you next season.