watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Patrick Bamford

Started by ffcwickford, April 28, 2019, 08:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcwickford

I see that Ryan Tunnicliffe's favourite player did himself no favours during the ensuing melee after the Leeds goal and if the FA have any balls at all he will be given at least a 10 game ban and a very large fine for bringing the game into disrepute! As for Biesla he should be lauded for his Sportsmanship all across football for what he allowed Aston Villa to do!

Andy S

Sorry I haven't seen any telly today can you enlighten me

Tabby

Quote from: Andy S on April 28, 2019, 08:44:51 PM
Sorry I haven't seen any telly today can you enlighten me

Got a Villa player sent off by pretending to be hit in the face.

Burt

Burt

Burt

Statto

Milo

Can't believe he did it! Had his arms all over the Villa player before he did it too..

SWSixer

What was the cause of the original scuffle?

Fulham 442

What was the cause of the original scuffle?

Villa had a player down and it looked as though Leeds were going to put the ball out of play but then decided against doing so and scored a goal in the process! 

Twig

Watched this on MotD 2, disgraceful behaviour and he did himself no favours with his sneering, arrogant interview afterwards. Mind you, this guy has previous for simulation.

Woolly Mammoth

Time we changed the name of the game of football to be called Diving, ( Match of the Dive ), so many cheating pussy cats playing the game.
I have been the first to criticise referees for not making calls to administer a yellow or red card and pretend they did not see it, and in many cases that is true. Especially when some referees continue to favour big clubs and big names.
However, it has got to the stage now whereupon every week every game almost is littered with players feigning injury, holding their faces when they have hardly or not been touched.
Trying to fool the referee, trying to get an opponent sent off, it can be tough being a referee, because it can be difficult to ascertain who is cheating and who is not.
So I blame the players most of the time, the sooner they bring in Sin Bins the better. These pussies never stop arguing the toss every time a decision goes against them.
It's time the authorities clamped down on this juvenile behaviour. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

junior white

if the FA do anything it will be overturn the red and surely charging Bamford with simulation to deceive the ref (think thats what they say these days), that carries up to a 3 game banI believe

Statto

Quote from: junior white on April 29, 2019, 10:29:27 AM
if the FA do anything it will be overturn the red and surely charging Bamford with simulation to deceive the ref (think thats what they say these days), that carries up to a 3 game banI believe

Bamford got booked so I'm not sure they can revisit it, except to overturn the Villa player's red

BigbadBillyMcKinley

In all reality, did Leeds do anything wrong? You're always taught to play to the whistle, so that's what the Villa players should have done.
If it was an illegal thing, then the ref wouldn't have let it stand.

That's my opinion anyway. It's funny to see them both falling apart. Well play them both next year, without fail.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

the nutflush

Beamer

Quote from: Statto on April 29, 2019, 01:39:09 PM
Quote from: junior white on April 29, 2019, 10:29:27 AM

Bamford got booked so I'm not sure they can revisit it, except to overturn the Villa player's red

Even though he was booked in the incident it certainly wasn't for simulation and trying to get a man sent off, so I can't see that it is the same thing. Had the ref seen it as the TV did then he could have shown him a second yellow card (or straight red) for his subsequent behaviour.
I agree with the view that he now deserves everything he gets.
On a slightly different tack, I thought that the issue of kicking the ball out had been sorted a while back and teams told not to do it and to carry on playing until the ref stopped it which he does immediately if he believes that there is a serious injury to the head or a player has been badly hurt. Unfortunately with players being shot by snipers from the stands with magic self healing bullets on a regular basis it is very difficult for them to know when there is a true injury at times and I'm not sure how you resolve this without players and clubs changing their behaviour which I can't see happening. We have all gone down having taken a knock but not screaming and rolling over 5 times before jumping up because the ball came back their way.

Statto

Quote from: Beamer on April 29, 2019, 02:17:16 PM
Even though he was booked in the incident it certainly wasn't for simulation and trying to get a man sent off, so I can't see that it is the same thing. Had the ref seen it as the TV did then he could have shown him a second yellow card (or straight red) for his subsequent behaviour.
I agree with the view that he now deserves everything he gets.

I agree with you, it's an unfair principle, but my understanding of it is that if the referee has seen the general incident then the FA will not challenge his judgement retrospectively (except to overturn straight reds). I'd be very surprised if they say the referee saw the part where Bamford put his arm around the Villa player, which is what he got booked for, but then didn't see the simulation that occurred in the same place half a second later.

Quote from: Beamer on April 29, 2019, 02:17:16 PM
On a slightly different tack, I thought that the issue of kicking the ball out had been sorted a while back and teams told not to do it and to carry on playing until the ref stopped it which he does immediately if he believes that there is a serious injury to the head or a player has been badly hurt. Unfortunately with players being shot by snipers from the stands with magic self healing bullets on a regular basis it is very difficult for them to know when there is a true injury at times and I'm not sure how you resolve this without players and clubs changing their behaviour which I can't see happening. We have all gone down having taken a knock but not screaming and rolling over 5 times before jumping up because the ball came back their way.

Agree

Nick Bateman

Bamford's behaviour stems from him coming from Chelsea, one of the worst clubs in the English league for gamesmanship and diving.  Hazard continually dives every match about 5 or 6 times (and refs reward him), and one observed an incident when Chelsea had a sub ready to come on so rather than kick it out David Luiz pretended he had some pain in his balls, played it out and then went down (not long enough for trainer to come on).  The reason?  So United would be obliged to give him the ball back.  That is the level of cheating Chelsea apply today all with the media and Sky's blessing.

Bamford will escape further sanction just as Tyrone Mings is still allowed to play football after horrifically disfiguring a prone player deliberately by stamping on his face!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Nick Bateman

Bamford has thankfully been charged for simulation.  Mings still lives up to his name and is permitted to commit GBH lawfully with the blessing of the football league.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"