FFC’s new training facilities will 'rival any Premier League club’

Started by Friendsoffulham, April 29, 2019, 04:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 01, 2019, 12:10:16 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 01, 2019, 08:52:09 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 01, 2019, 07:12:41 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on April 30, 2019, 09:56:40 AM
If football was played out in our imaginations then God (whoever s/he/it is) would have a perpetual headache.  As it is it is played out by a 'team' that is far greater than just the match day squad, a head coach and assistants.  All the assets involved in the team have value and some are worth their weight in gold, while others may be essential contributors too and not to be undervalued.  It is the purpose of the 'team' to see and show the whole sum of the assets in its best light, and training facilities are just one of many ways an individual may be impressed by when invited to play a role.  In my opinion these training facilities will be a wiser investment than many recently made in the Club's history.  I really do hope they are all state of the art and indicate how much of the Khans' vision is about attracting quality to FFC in all of its many guises.  As much as I dislike the chosen 'Riverside' plans I can see why it may be another stepping stone on the road to a better Craven Cottage.  None of these developments can be seen as anything other than good and welcome improvements with potential for the future.

Now all we need to do is get matters consistently right on the pitch too.

All i know is Cahill, Moses and Drinkwater walked around Motspur Park together, then they didn't sign with us. I suspect a win against Burnley and Tottenham would have changed their mind more, but better training ground would have made an impression.

So would having a better and proper professional head of recruitment. !!

Tony Khan is effectively a multi-billionaire, o doubt sacking him and repacing him with some multi millionaire would encourage anyone to sign.

He is also effectively the clubs weakest link, so from Fulhams point of view, you get did of your weakest link, whether he is rich or not so rich.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

If Tony Khan gives us the squad that wins the Championship next season or gains automatic promotion, would you support him to stay on as DoF?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 03, 2019, 03:51:12 AM
If Tony Khan gives us the squad that wins the Championship next season or gains automatic promotion, would you support him to stay on as DoF?

What makes you think Tony Khan will be head of recruitment, you take too much for granted, a week in football is a long time. But the answer to your question is No, Never, Nein, Non, Niet, Not on your Nellie,  because he is not capable or qualified, so that will not happen, because he is incapable of attracting or persuading the right kind of players to join. Have you ever listened to him waffling, can you imagine as a player sitting across the table thinking to yourself, what is this geezer on about, whilst your agent rips him off another million green backs.
The problem is staring you in the face and you do not appear to see it, never mind.
NEXT !!
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 03, 2019, 03:51:12 AM

Look, he simply isn't qualified as a DoF and never will be.  It is not a question of disliking him and I would strongly advocate him having an important role in the running of the club but he simply is not and never will be a competent, qualified DoF.  In answer to your point, throw enough money at the club and we could be promoted with even TK in the job, does that mean I would support him? No!