News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Liverpool. love them or hate them... wow tonight!!

Started by davew, May 07, 2019, 09:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Fulham

This is why football is the best sport in the world. I envy Liverpool fans tonight and though I have no affinity to their club I do love what Klopp has built over there.

davew

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on May 07, 2019, 11:26:08 PM
This is why football is the best sport in the world. I envy Liverpool fans tonight and though I have no affinity to their club I do love what Klopp has built over there.
Superb manager, great personality and a real motivator, if he ever decides to move South, sign him up for whatever it costs!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

KJS

Mince n Tatties

Wonder boy Messi isn't so good away from home is he. :022:

Woolly Mammoth

I expect Barcelona thought they only had to turn up, to progress into the final. To turn a three goal deficit around takes some doing, especially as there was always that fear of conceding a goal as they are normally lethal.
That's a lesson to any team going into a second leg 3 0 up, even Barcelona aren't safe from that kind of result. A lesson for any team to remember that the first 90 minutes last night was the most important.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

_Putney_

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 08, 2019, 05:57:23 AM

you didn't see Spurs v Barcelona then earlier in the cup

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: _Putney_ on May 08, 2019, 08:27:46 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 08, 2019, 05:57:23 AM

you didn't see Spurs v Barcelona then earlier in the cup

One swallow don't make a summer.
Wouldn't hack it in the Championship. :023:

Slaphead in Qatar

Very happy that Barca lost. Throughout the game they were diving, winding up Liverpool players, crowding the ref etc - disgraceful behaviour.

toshes mate

Terrific game of football, riveting watching from first to last, and the mugging for the winning goal was straight out of the 'what happened next' handbook.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on May 07, 2019, 11:00:49 PM
I admit I shed a little tear when the whole squad were lined up, arm in arm, singing YNWA to the Kop at the end. And seeing King Kenny looking so happy.

And this 30 years after Hillsborough.

Though I admit i cried even more that I had not backed Liverpool to qualify at 20/1 earlier, thought they had a chance of pulling it back, Barca are not all that apart from Messi.

Oh please, pass the sick bucket. 34 years since Heysel! I wonder how Juventus fans feel seeing it!

Holders

I posted on their twitter that it was possibly the best comeback since Fulham beat Juventus 4-1 (nothing quite like damning with faint praise).

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ALG01

it was  a brilliant comeback and shows what the art of positive thinking can do. at 3 0 down to barca the time seemed over with a second string forward line. but aim for the stars and you might just make it, aim low or damage limitation and then you ar bound to fail.

not quite as good as us V Juve, especially as Juve were 1 up so early but a good second best nonetheless

WindyCity

Terrific match!  Kudos to Liverpool for pulling off this win.  I have no particular love for Barca, so nice to see them choke this thing away.  Was an exciting finish, knowing that all Barca need do was score just one goal, and Pool would be forced to double that.  I'm sure fans at that game will not soon forget that game.  Great fun.

filham

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on May 07, 2019, 10:45:20 PM
The atmosphere was almost as good as Fulham v Juve at the Co
The atmosphere was almost as good as Fulham v Juve at the Cottage!!

I was thinking along the same lines but in my eyes no one is ever going to match the Dempsey winner.

Twig

Quote from: filham on May 08, 2019, 05:54:59 PM
The atmosphere was almost as good as Fulham v Juve at the Co
The atmosphere was almost as good as Fulham v Juve at the Cottage!!

I was thinking along the same lines but in my eyes no one is ever going to match the Dempsey winner.

:plus one:

Wingnut

Not going to be an all English final. Spurs two down at half time. Love watching this young Ajax side.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Forever Fulham

I really like the way they play.  And I like Klopp.  The local fans, no comment.

Wingnut

Quote from: Wingnut on May 08, 2019, 08:53:01 PM
Not going to be an all English final. Spurs two down at half time. Love watching this young Ajax side.

Maybe not. 2-2. Another fantastic semi final.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

davew

Sorry what were you saying??

davew

Quote from: Wingnut on May 08, 2019, 09:34:35 PM

Maybe not. 2-2. Another fantastic semi final.
Yes it was!!