https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mr Kahn please step in

Started by steed the legend, May 08, 2019, 11:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakeshott

"Keeping Tony Khan in that role harms him as much as it harms the club"

Statto

Absolutely right, and I think even more than you suggest. TK knows he only has the job because of his father's ownership and could not get anywhere near to being appointed to a similar post in any club not owned by his father. He also knows (unless he is deluded) that he has failed dismally in respect of our Premiership adventure when someone appointed to his role on merit might well have done a great deal better. Staying in role in these circumstances is undoubtedly eroding his own self-imagine and as a consequence it will be no surprise to me if his mental health deteriorates. He is, in effect, trying to live a lie, which invariably has harmful consequences.

Mitch

He suffered very similarly with the fans whilst in Jacksonville, and then disappeared much more into the background.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

Quote from: Mitch on May 08, 2019, 09:46:12 PM
He suffered very similarly with the fans whilst in Jacksonville, and then disappeared much more into the background.

Interesting. Can I have a source please?

Some who defended him here in Fulham said that his full involvement works at Jacksonville.

The Rational Fan

There is only one reason Shahid Khan would sack Tony Khan and that is "FFC is costing SK too much money with TK as DoF".

If SK decides Fulham FC is costing him too much money under TK, then i think it's a sad day for Fulham FC, because do you really think we can achieve more success with less money invested under another DoF?.

Any sensible person couldn't know the answer to that question without knowing the answer to two other questions. 1) How much less money would the next DoF get compared to TK? and 2) How good a DoF would be appointed by SK, TK and AM?

I am insanely pessemistic to answers to those two questions. I think the answer to question 1 is the club would get significantly less financial support without TK as DoF and the answer to question 2 is the club would probably appoint the wrong DoF to replace Tony Khan, so that any improvement in DoF will be marginal he'll still lose in the transfer market. 

Then I ask what good will came of sacking the DoF and future owner of the club? Most fans comments seem to centre around Tony Khan getting sacked, the right DoF appointed and the money continue to flow like before.

Fans need to get out of their idealism and get real. The real truth is "Owners interest and support if a club wax's and wanes", we need to him to keep pumping us money.

Mitch

Quote from: ..FOF.. on May 09, 2019, 06:10:36 AM
Quote from: Mitch on May 08, 2019, 09:46:12 PM

Interesting. Can I have a source please?

Some who defended him here in Fulham said that his full involvement works at Jacksonville.
Just search Twitter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mitch

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 09, 2019, 06:56:25 AM
There is only one reason Shahid Khan would sack Tony Khan and that is "FFC is costing SK too much money with TK as DoF".

If SK decides Fulham FC is costing him too much money under TK, then i think it's a sad day for Fulham FC, because do you really think we can achieve more success with less money invested under another DoF?.

Any sensible person couldn't know the answer to that question without knowing the answer to two other questions. 1) How much less money would the next DoF get compared to TK? and 2) How good a DoF would be appointed by SK, TK and

Why would the owner give any other DoF less money? Because they're not his son?

If that's the case, then as before, SK wouldn't be fit and proper.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

toshes mate

I have given my views on SP already but I do note the remarks made about TK in this thread and elsewhere, many of which I agree with.

I have been (and I still will be) one of TK's biggest critics during my time on here pointing out the many errors in his ways and the damage nepotism can do because I have witnessed its destructive happenings with my very own eyes.  But I have also witnessed nepotism where it has been carefully managed and controlled, meaning there is no more potential damage than there is with an unrelated human being in the same role. I have been careful to back up my criticisms of TK with facts. 

I was unaware TK caused controversy at SK's NFL JJ's in spite of my careful and deep research and would be interested to know more.  I rather doubt that any controversy in an NFL set up would parallel controversy in an English football club since the NFL is a franchise and not a pyramid league with relegation and promotion as key components. Relegation and promotion cause added risk. I also doubt that the use of statistics in American sport runs parallel to its use in English sport or with such controversy.  As I have said before some sports have been and can be analysed much more deeply via their 'plays' whereas association football is much less well suited and structured to be so effectively reduced in such analysis.  But that is not to say statistics have no place. It is TK's reliance on statistics from a self interested business perspective that may be a problem, and it is only a problem if that is the reason for his father owning FFC i.e. to push his son's business.  That is a nightmare scenario in all senses, and I do not believe it is wholly true.  We know of SK's deeper interest in pushing NFL into English franchises and we also know that another London club has beaten him to one aspiration at least, but the strong possibility of doing the same himself remains.  And it is possible that SK (with his family and business interests) rather enjoys his links to the UK in ways that run much deeper than football, perhaps even covertly, and well hidden from the public eye and media.

As The Rational Fan constantly reminds us money is important in football especially for clubs with very finite alternative revenue outlets, potential and possible ventures.  Blackpool and Bolton are two examples of where and how things can go badly wrong.  For that reason alone TK needs to have a role at FFC that fulfills him and also fulfills the Club's ambitions, whatever they may be.  It is how TK finds that fulfillment that is crucial to the Khans relationship with FFC, and only TK can say what makes him tick.  I feel TK is immature for his years and there may be multiple reasons for that which defy conversation or dialogue.  My hope is that the nepotism angle is better controlled than it appears to currently be, since the key components in the success of any football club are already high risk areas without the added problem of nepotism.  TK is already co-owner of FFC.  Let us hope that he can find a truly talented manager/head coach who he respects to the point of deference with not a scrap of animosity on either side.     

Mitch

Good read that Tosh.

Jacksonville - what I have mentioned is more in relation to his fall outs with fans. He didn't seem to have a defined role to the fans, beyond 'stats kid', but was at the forefront for a lot of things - the draft etc (he was at scouting events this year, during Fulham's season too - tying in with his time in Florida with AEW - also on Fulham's time, but that's another conversation!). After some shocking drafts and years, he seemed to dissapear more into the background and then ended up popping up in Fulham. It can seem like kid with a new toy syndrome from the outside looking in.

If you have Twitter, and know how, search his name around the time he had more public involvement and you'll see similarities with the social media issues. Some of it quite abusive, and some maybe a littles less so. 'Tony Khan Nerd' will lead you there.

Sting of the North

@Toshes Mate

Very good and balanced post

toshes mate

Quote from: Mitch on May 09, 2019, 08:44:21 AM
Good read that Tosh.

Jacksonville - what I have mentioned is more in relation to his fall outs with fans. He didn't seem to have a defined role to the fans, beyond 'stats kid', but was at the forefront for a lot of things - the draft etc (he was at scouting events this year, during Fulham's season too - tying in with his time in Florida with AEW - also on Fulham's time, but that's another conversation!). After some shocking drafts and years, he seemed to dissapear more into the background and then ended up popping up in Fulham. It can seem like kid with a new toy syndrome from the outside looking in.

If you have Twitter, and know how, search his name around the time he had more public involvement and you'll see similarities with the social media issues. Some of it quite abusive, and some maybe a littles less so. 'Tony Khan Nerd' will lead you there.
Thanks for that, Mitch. 

I am not a Twitter person - just too much navel contemplation for my taste, okay in smaller doses - although my research has lead me down many contacts with it, including a lot of useful background about F'n'G and the growth of Shahid Khan as 'entrepreneur extraordinary' at least in some people's eyes. 

I do echo your thoughts about TK's tendency to be defensive in the face of criticism when he needs to be more accepting and I have applied that, fairly or unfairly, to what his personality may be as an important cog in the FFC machine.  Although speculative and unsupportable with any real evidence I rather suspect he is not the easiest of people to 'get along with' other than in a quite superficial way and that is what bothers me most in relation to FFC. 

The best characters in business and life in my experience are those who are involving and want to make things work for all concerned, but can also inspire in their peers the very human quality of following and building upon what is seen to be good about the character of another.  TK does not inspire me, and his ventures with AEW etc., seem to suggest his attention span is not as focused as he wishes us to believe.  I just hope there is someone out there, if not SP, who can tame him to the point of polishing off some of his rougher and less attractive edges.  Perhaps that might influence his father in good ways too.   

We probably all start proper learning about other people in school with classmates and teachers who get our attention and respect or our ridicule and contempt, and we generally learn the hard way about who means what to us.  I really do not know how in that respect TK has dealt with the problems having a rich father must involve, but his continued close contact with his father's interest does appear to be saying 'something' especially since TK has been kept a long way away from F'n'G but not the other ventures.  It is whether that 'something' it says is good or bad that is the real unknown.  I just want the guy to be settled and happy and I am not sure he knows how to find that.   

Woolly Mammoth

Good read that Tosh.

Agree the guy is Toxic, apart from the fact that he has done a lousy and incompetent job at Fulham. 
Unless he can work a Turnstile he has to be sent back across the pond with a flee in his ear.

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

Good read that Tosh.

I did the search on Twitter and well, on the bright side I think his real life character is a great match for the wrestling business.

Hope he finds his niche there and slowly moves to the background at Fulham too.

The Rational Fan

I doubt TK moving into the background at Fulham will work out the way you expect.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 10, 2019, 05:40:37 AM
I doubt TK moving into the background at Fulham will work out the way you expect.

Yes you've made that point. In about 150 posts. But there are counter-arguments, set out in this thread, that you've still never addressed, or at least never addressed with a 'rational' counter-argument of your own. Of course you're entitled to have your own opinion and to stick to it, but FYI simply repeating something over and over doesn't make your case any more convincing.

The Rational Fan

:wine:
Quote from: Statto on May 10, 2019, 07:59:35 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 10, 2019, 05:40:37 AM

Yes you've made that point. In about 150 posts. But there are counter-arguments, set out in this thread, that you've still never addressed, or at least never addressed with a 'rational' counter-argument of your own. Of course you're entitled to have your own opinion and to stick to it, but FYI simply repeating something over and over doesn't make your case any more convincing.

If you are asking me to address the counter points like TK is the least experienced DoF in the world, there is no counter point to be made cause the answer is obvious . If you are asking me to address that TK is only in his position because he is the co-owner, future owner and owners son, no counter can be made cause the answer is obvious. If you are asking me, about are some of his responses are immature, i guess i could make a counter point that so many owners, managers and players have behaved immaturely i don't think it fair to single him out, although that's hardly a counter point. What else do you want me to counter point?

He isn't a bad person and probably won't take a bung (unless he wants to steal his own money), but his weaknesses are weaknesses clear to all. I cannot counter point them because they are weaknesses. But, his strengths like his ability to get money, as the richest DoF in history seem to be overlooked. I think his advantages and disadvantages are fairly clear, but it's clear that things could be worse if he resigns from the role, especially if the Khans start demanding cash flow out of the club like Arsenal and ManUnited owners do.

Statto

Rational Fan, I mean arguments like:

- If he loves his son he won't keep him in a position that's likely harming his mental wellbeing (see my post above)

- If he's an ethical person, he won't put his son's (or his own) personal interests above the club's (Mitch's point I think)

- If he cares about economics, he may decide removing his son is the only way of making a profit out of FFC (or at least minimising his losses)

- If he cares about his reputation and legacy, he may decide it's better for his son to gracefully slip away rather than have the family forever viewed in Europe as the guys who failed at football

...etc

Woolly Mammoth

Good post as always Statto,
To Rational Fan, The owners son may be able to get his hands on someone else's money, but that is useless if he continues to waste it because he is an unqualified individual in a job he cannot do and never will. Yes of course he is a spoilt brat and immature, that is plain to see, and no he and his father are not Fulham Supporters, so they have no empathy, they are just custodians with hidden agendas.
So let's not raise our hopes about redevelopment or future promotions.
Like his best mate CK, TK is Toxic, as well as being the weakest link, and you are only as strong as your weakest link, and his father sits on his hands and watches this take place, because Fulham FC is well down his list of priorities.
If Fulham FC are to really take seriously the challenge to return to the top flight, they need professional football people in the nerve centre and hub of both the PR and recruitment just for starters.
Otherwise we will chewing the fat over this debacle for years to come, and no rational fan, the meek will not inherit the earth.   

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on May 10, 2019, 09:05:48 AM
Rational Fan, I mean arguments like:

- If he loves his son he won't keep him in a position that's likely harming his mental wellbeing (see my post above)

- If he's an ethical person, he won't put his son's (or his own) personal interests above the club's (Mitch's point I think)

- If he cares about economics, he may decide removing his son is the only way of making a profit out of FFC (or at least minimising his losses)

- If he cares about his reputation and legacy, he may decide it's better for his son to gracefully slip away rather than have the family forever viewed in Europe as the guys who failed at football

...etc
These are all points of relevance and merit, Statto, and none of them have ready made answers known to any of us other than the Khans themselves as a family unit.  Other employees at the Club may be more socially involved with the Khans and better equipped to form opinion.  It would take a more intimate connection (perhaps a 'CK' type for example) to give any of us greater insight or at least perspective and we all know why that may never happen. 

Mitch

Quote from: Statto on May 10, 2019, 09:05:48 AM

Yes, that is what I meant earlier. I should caveat that my belief isn't that Shad isn't moving Tony on because Shahid is running the club improperly, but my issue is more that I don't accept the mind-set that some have whereTony is either impervious to criticism or his performance is beyond reproach, in the same manner as someone who wasn't Shad's son, simply because we fear reprisal from Shad. There's a set of our fans who cower behind that fear, and don't allow or wish for criticism to be heard or discussed.